Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 10:56 AM

2 posts, read 3,370 times

Advertisements

What they are doing will not stand up in Court. Most municipalities can't "exempt themselves" from an over-arching County-wide ordiance. The precedent is the existing county-wide ordinance/law. The county of course is the entity that can issue variances to parts of the county. A city within the county can't simply declare an exemption for themselves without a County declared variance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2018, 12:08 PM

1,217 posts, read 1,224,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBreque View Post
Something sounds totally illegal here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBregue View Post
What they are doing will not stand up in Court. Most municipalities can't "exempt themselves" from an over-arching County-wide ordiance. The precedent is the existing county-wide ordinance/law. The county of course is the entity that can issue variances to parts of the county. A city within the county can't simply declare an exemption for themselves without a County declared variance.
Did you change your name again? Maybe, if you behave, I'll let you keep this one.

Old 05-24-2018, 01:32 PM

4,612 posts, read 7,529,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLHfan View Post
Did you change your name again? Maybe, if you behave, I'll let you keep this one.
Shekie - Sheckle - Sheckie - Marchon - GhaliGhali - MangeBien - BondMama - Skip Cohn - Tram Hutson - Jenny Lupo - Mr. MeisterMan...... to name a few

Old 05-24-2018, 04:26 PM

53 posts, read 53,485 times
It’s North Port, is anyone really surprised?

Old 07-09-2018, 11:07 AM

6 posts, read 24,937 times
Think I may understand why north port city commissioners eliminated their noise ordinance standards.

Took a ride to see two of the new communities recently opened in West Villages; one is The Preserve and the other is Renaissance. Not a lot of homes built yet but most of the homes that stand are built so close to each other it looks like you could touch the house next door from your window; doubt you could fit two A/C units facing each other between them. Think it's unreal the city of north port is allowing this type of zoning.

No doubt at some point there will be issues like the one I have on a large scale as a result of these building practices and it's doubtful the people buying here realize the potential for these problems. How convenient for the builders the local government in north port erased noise code standards for these communities just before they started construction. The builders will be gone and the homeowners will be left to slug it out with each other when problems arise. Starting to all make sense now; great government we have here.

Old 07-09-2018, 12:22 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
The condo or HOA docs usually contain clauses which refer to "quiet enjoyment" of ones property. Assuming NP decided to leave the details to HOA's, those orgs should simply add to the existing clause by defining a couple things...

1. Times of day (this involves stereos, parties, etc.)
2. Decibel reading and/or frequency at property line from continuously operating equipment.

Even with detail, this could be covered in a paragraph - along with the resulting fines. That would force compliance.

In a warped way, I can understand the town bowing out due to the prevalence of planned communities. If someone is ignorant enough to buy a place 10 feet from another family and not expect a lot of noise, it shouldn't be a situation for government to fix. It's for the HOA.

Old 07-10-2018, 09:37 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,473,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
The condo or HOA docs usually contain clauses which refer to "quiet enjoyment" of ones property. Assuming NP decided to leave the details to HOA's, those orgs should simply add to the existing clause by defining a couple things...

1. Times of day (this involves stereos, parties, etc.)
2. Decibel reading and/or frequency at property line from continuously operating equipment.

Even with detail, this could be covered in a paragraph - along with the resulting fines. That would force compliance.

In a warped way, I can understand the town bowing out due to the prevalence of planned communities. If someone is ignorant enough to buy a place 10 feet from another family and not expect a lot of noise, it shouldn't be a situation for government to fix. It's for the HOA.
"Quiet Enjoyment" isn't specifically rules about sound. In the HOA documents it is often a clause between the HOA and property owner, not between property owner and property owner.

ADVERSE IMPACT ON

“Quiet Enjoyment” is a covenant that promises that the grantee or tenant of an estate in real property will be able to possess the premises in peace, without disturbance by hostile claimants.

In lay terms, “Quiet Enjoyment” is a right to the undisturbed use and enjoyment of real property.

Old 07-10-2018, 08:50 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post

“Quiet Enjoyment” is a covenant that promises that the grantee or tenant of an estate in real property will be able to possess the premises in peace, without disturbance by hostile claimants.

In lay terms, “Quiet Enjoyment” is a right to the undisturbed use and enjoyment of real property.
Not specific, but generally!

Enjoyment. That's pretty simple. So is undisturbed use.

I think we agree that it is the HOA that must further define that...using sound judgement and common sense. On one hand I get to enjoy listening to my stereo in the backyard. On the other, you may want to meditate near your Zen pond in yours, so I may limit my stereo to a couple hours on the weekend, get directional speakers so the sound goes to the proper places and maybe even use earphone when alone.

In the end, people have to be reasonable - BUT, the HOA should do most of the work. You can't have people knocking on each others doors or shouting over the fences about it in a planned community.

You can't fix stupid. I've run into it, but luckily only in a vacation condo. In that case we did use the HOA to send letters and most transgressions were nipped in the bud.

Old 05-13-2019, 05:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,561 times
A growing problem at Island Walk is the noise emanating from the pickle ball courts. This is not an isolated problem since pickle ball is a fast growing sport for seniors across the country. Recently the news media did a story on what’s going on in Punta Gorda. [url]https://www.pickleballportal.com/blog/pickleball-noise-quiet-paddles/#Pickleball_Noise_Conflict[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area