Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2018, 05:31 PM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulf coast jon View Post
Do you live in one of those new subdivisions in North Port?
Nope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2018, 05:34 PM

2,407 posts, read 3,190,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMN View Post

And from everything I've gathered, even most moving into West Villages are more interested in Venice and Sarasota and the beaches than they are interested in the City of North Port.
There was a discussion on another popular social media site about changing the postal addresses in Gran Paradiso and IslandWalk from Venice to North Port. Not a single person was in favor of the change. Just sayin'.

Old 12-26-2018, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrodome2 View Post
There was a discussion on another popular social media site about changing the postal addresses in Gran Paradiso and IslandWalk from Venice to North Port. Not a single person was in favor of the change. Just sayin'.
I wouldn't be in favor of that either, but it doesn't affect me.

I'm not advocating North Port as being a better place, or better in all the ways those who disagree with me are citing.

Nobody has yet to refute North Port has a much higher population now than Sarasota or Bradenton by Thousands of people, and its margin is widening rapidly, and will very likely wind up being more populated than both Sarasota and Bradenton combined.

Many of you sound like you are in denial.

I'll say it one more time...people read C-D, and people post on C-D. It's all about headcount....eyeballs.

For North Port's name to not even be mentioned in the title is crazy.

If population means nothing, then why not just call it:

Palmetto-Anna Maria-Longboat Key?

Old 12-26-2018, 07:33 PM

733 posts, read 760,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I wouldn't be in favor of that either, but it doesn't affect me.

I'm not advocating North Port as being a better place, or better in all the ways those who disagree with me are citing.

Nobody has yet to refute North Port has a much higher population now than Sarasota or Bradenton by Thousands of people, and its margin is widening rapidly, and will very likely wind up being more populated than both Sarasota and Bradenton combined.

Many of you sound like you are in denial.

I'll say it one more time...people read C-D, and people post on C-D. It's all about headcount....eyeballs.

For North Port's name to not even be mentioned in the title is crazy.

If population means nothing, then why not just call it:

Palmetto-Anna Maria-Longboat Key?
I feel like you don't even attempt to comprehend what other people write. You have your opinion, you write about it, and you reiterate it. Did you understand any of the posts people wrote??

You are correct - no one refuted the fact that North Port has the highest population of any city in Sarasota County or Manatee County. That seems to be your only focus, and we cede you that fact.

But many, many posts contributed reasons, other that strictly population, as to why North Port should not be included in the name. You have not addressed any of those with any information or opinions aside from simply reiterating the fact that North Port has the highest population.

If you disagree with them, then that is certainly your prerogative. But to ignore replies to your own post feels a bit disrespectful to those of us trying to engage respectfully in this topic.

Old 12-27-2018, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMN View Post
I feel like you don't even attempt to comprehend what other people write. You have your opinion, you write about it, and you reiterate it. Did you understand any of the posts people wrote??

You are correct - no one refuted the fact that North Port has the highest population of any city in Sarasota County or Manatee County. That seems to be your only focus, and we cede you that fact.

But many, many posts contributed reasons, other that strictly population, as to why North Port should not be included in the name. You have not addressed any of those with any information or opinions aside from simply reiterating the fact that North Port has the highest population.

If you disagree with them, then that is certainly your perogative. But to ignore replies to your own post feels a bit disrespectful to those of us trying to engage respectfully in this topic.
Understood & acknowleged. I just didn't want to get in to a discussion about which is better. That was not the purpose of my post. I see too many thread drift way off topic, and i was trying tokeep it on topic.

I even agreed that Northport is inferior to the other cities in just about every other way except population and land mass.

I'll try to address each point as they come along next time, so thx for the feedback. I aways respect your opinions.

Old 12-27-2018, 05:42 AM

733 posts, read 760,873 times
Quote:
Understood & acknowleged. I just didn't want to get in to a discussion about which is better. That was not the purpose of my post. I see too many thread drift way off topic, and i was trying tokeep it on topic.

I even agreed that Northport is inferior to the other cities in just about every other way except population and land mass.

I'll try to address each point as they come along next time, so thx for the feedback. I aways respect your opinions.
Sounds good. And it hit me a while after I posted I might have been a little too harsh in my comment above, so apologies. But I do think 'North Port questions' could apply equally to either Sarasota or Port Charlotte forum, so shouldn't necessarily be forced into one.

Actually I just did a little test, searching on the term "North Port" in each forum. There were 409 results in the Sarasota forum, and 439 results in the Punta Gorda forum. So seems people currently use both.

Old 12-27-2018, 06:34 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
North Port has 7,000-9,000 more residents than Sarasota, and is growing faster.

Plus, restaurants, beaches, and downtowns don't post...people do.
And what do people ask about? NP? Or about restaurants, beaches and downtowns?

Your only argument to give NP top billing is number of people in NP. There could be 5x the amount of people there.

If there is nothing else there except houses ... and strip malls ... what is there to talk about? The opening of a [insert chain fast food store]?

Old 12-27-2018, 08:06 AM

13 posts, read 13,866 times
Clearly Northport should be mentioned in the forum nomenclature. Why on earth would anyone actually OBJECT to the forum including an integral and REAL part of the MSA....even the Census Bureau has it right, CD doesn't.

To turn a blind eye to significant population growth, and huge land mass, shows a strange brand of ignorance, or attitudes based in wannabe fantasyland, aka denial.

Someone give me a cogent argument against its inclusion. I'm waiting.

Maybe some people don't think Northport exists. Come on people....THINK with your heads.

Old 12-27-2018, 09:30 AM

333 posts, read 240,176 times
I don't think it would be a bad idea to designate North Port as an area in this forum. It seems like people are a bit confused as to where to begin discussions about NP, be it in the Sarasota or the Port Charlotte forum.

Places in SW Florida are growing so quickly that I think it can be difficult to keep track of every area.

Maybe just do a Sarasota County Forum.

Old 12-27-2018, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
And what do people ask about? NP? Or about restaurants, beaches and downtowns?

Your only argument to give NP top billing is number of people in NP. There could be 5x the amount of people there.

If there is nothing else there except houses ... and strip malls ... what is there to talk about? The opening of a [insert chain fast food store]?
Since its a younger population, I'm guessing schools, parks, youth sports, youth development, affordable housing. I know the West Villages discussions were mostly about the area in general and then one West Villages neighborhood vs the rest, and all about the builders of each development, and a long discussion about zip codes and a cell tower.

Soon, the Braves baseball complex will take front and center, and the development surrounding it such as the commercial park and outdoor mixed use development containing a Publix, and a whole lot more.

The widening of River Road will also heat up late next year, and the new High School.

The roads keeping up w/ all the growth there is certain to be a topic too along with the continued annexation binge and how the City will deal with infrastructure and public services.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area