Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2022, 10:44 AM

8,266 posts, read 4,666,091 times

Advertisements

In the future I'm going to limit my posts to analysis I do about the trend, data from Sarasota Hospital, and data from the FDOH (or occasionally from the CDC when they are the only source and that information that they they get comes from the FDOH).

The top man in charge of the FDOH is the governor of Florida - and Sarastota Hospital is a long-time well respected entity in our area. So if you don't believe in any of those numbers then there's nothing I can do about it. Those are the only and best sources available.

As far as the trend - nobody is perfect with their predictions - but if you go over my past predictions/posts about the trend I've been pretty darn accurate. IMO this is useful information for people that might think about travelling on certain dates, making future plans, deciding how cautious they want to be etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2022, 10:55 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,734,968 times
I think this thread has long run its course of usefulness. If you rely on threads like this for your source of info, God help you.

Old 03-13-2022, 01:37 PM

I agree when cases are low and a change of trend is not imminent - there is no longer a need to post data every day. However as conditions change it could warrant posting information more frequently.

As you can see from the following thread (see link below) - the FDOH will be posting even less information than before. And not everybody knows where to look on the CDC web site for more information. And then how to interpret it correctly.

If the data that I post is not of interest to you I suggest you just pass it by. Judging by the personal messages I get (and the large number of views this thread gets) there are still quite a few people interested in it. IMO however "trying to run me off" or come on here just to say that the numbers are fake detracts from the thread. But in such instances I will just ignore those posts in the future.

https://twitter.com/JeremyRedfernFL/...96710986956807

"Guys.

After today,
@HealthyFla
is moving to bi-weekly reports.

Daily info will still be available on the
@CDCgov
COVID Data Dashboard."

Old 03-13-2022, 01:48 PM

As to where Sarasota stands now with the trend - it's still clearly down. But as I mentioned in a previous post there are currently some concerns going on in Europe. Europe has historically been a pretty good leading indicator of what eventually transpires in the USA (a lead time of a month or two). But there are no guarantees - the current situation in Europe might flame out and amount to nothing. So I'll be back to post more about it if I see something concrete taking hold in Florida.

Scientist Eric Topol has a good chart about the current European situation here:

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status...75479077130240

"The next wave in Europe has begun"

Last edited by wondermint2; 03-13-2022 at 01:59 PM..

Old 03-13-2022, 02:17 PM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
I think this thread has long run its course of usefulness. If you rely on threads like this for your source of info, God help you.
Amen to that.

I've read enough accounts of friends and family members who had loved ones pass away during covid, in this forum area, whose cause of death was incorrectly recorded as covid on their death certificate, to believe the stats being conveyed. I'm pretty sure this areas fourms have included such posts.

Old 03-13-2022, 03:11 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,734,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wondermint2 View Post
I agree when cases are low and a change of trend is not imminent - there is no longer a need to post data every day. However as conditions change it could warrant posting information more frequently.

As you can see from the following thread (see link below) - the FDOH will be posting even less information than before. And not everybody knows where to look on the CDC web site for more information. And then how to interpret it correctly.

If the data that I post is not of interest to you I suggest you just pass it by. Judging by the personal messages I get (and the large number of views this thread gets) there are still quite a few people interested in it. IMO however "trying to run me off" or come on here just to say that the numbers are fake detracts from the thread. But in such instances I will just ignore those posts in the future.

https://twitter.com/JeremyRedfernFL/...96710986956807

"Guys.

After today,
@HealthyFla
is moving to bi-weekly reports.

Daily info will still be available on the
@CDCgov
COVID Data Dashboard."
I will follow your suggestion and ignore this thread moving forward. But I think it’s important to point out that this thread continues to stay ‘popular’ because you keep posting link after link regularly, so of course it will continue to stay on top as long as there’s a new post to the thread.

Nobody was trying to run anyone off. I was just pointing out the obvious that this Covid regular updates usefulness has run its course. For avid travelers like me, Covid cases mean little (especially coming from a state with some of the highest cases in the world) as compared to say, quarantine requirements at my destination city. The fact that many people flock to FL despite our high cases proves that freedom of movement means more than statistics.

All the best!

Old 03-14-2022, 12:11 AM

1,003 posts, read 1,199,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Amen to that.

I've read enough accounts of friends and family members who had loved ones pass away during covid, in this forum area, whose cause of death was incorrectly recorded as covid on their death certificate, to believe the stats being conveyed. I'm pretty sure this areas fourms have included such posts.
Totally, untrue.
Do you realize how many doctors and the Medical Examiner have to sign a death certificate?
I know, I lost my husband who could have easily been sited as dying from Covid. Sarasota Memorial was responsible for his care and numerous doctors involved. He died from Pulmonary Edema. Easy to write he died from Covid. There were 6 signatures on his death certificate including the Medical Examiner.

Do you really think those doctors would sign a death certificate with a false cause of death? All would have to agree including the Medical Examiner. His doctors signed the death certificate. Those at the hospital who treated him signed it.

You are stating a ridiculous assumption. There are too many medical doctors involved stating the cause of death.

Every time is see these ridiculous, dumb posts it really upsets me.

Old 03-14-2022, 04:34 PM

9,779 posts, read 15,790,796 times
I have appreciated Wondermint's hard work on this thread. Being an out-of-state parent to a Florida college student, it is an easy place for me to come and see what is going on in Florida regarding Covid. Thank you!

Old 03-14-2022, 04:49 PM

24 posts, read 24,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
Bingo! go speak with your physician and ignore net health reporting.

Talk and understand your OWN health viz your own healthcare pros, screw what you're reading here and elsewhere. Re-posting *stuff* is stupid, go talk to your own physician. Don't EVER get influenced by "internet reporting"you have to ask, why are they doing it in the first place? the best information for your healthcare is your own physician who knows your health profile. Everything else is garbage about your individual health.

Hang up the phone.

Last edited by jack_m_roun; 03-14-2022 at 04:58 PM..

Old 03-14-2022, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_m_roun View Post
Bingo! go speak with your physician and ignore net health reporting.

Talk and understand your OWN health viz your own healthcare pros, screw what you're reading here and elsewhere. Re-posting *stuff* is stupid, go talk to your own physician. Don't EVER get influenced by "internet reporting"you have to ask, why are they doing it in the first place? the best information for your healthcare is your own physician who knows your health profile. Everything else is garbage about your individual health.

Hang up the phone.
I have to ask Shekkie: Why do you keep coming back and trying to put a damper on this thread? It seems to me that you and several other posters in this thread all have an "agenda". Much the same as the king of Florida - which is to spout out Covid misinformation, attempt to put the kabash on those who speak out and dare to tell the truth.

Hmm let me see those speaking out against this thread - somebody with some kind of pesonality disorder with a zillion user names, a local real estate agent who benefits financially when the seriousness of Covid is downplayed, the local right wing propaganda expert, and someone who calls himself a "democrat" (and used a slur against Biden) but continuously spouts out right wing Covid misinformation. Very interesting indeed.....

Well I have news for all of you. I have a very strong resolve and I don't plan on going away.

Last edited by wondermint2; 03-14-2022 at 05:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area