Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2020, 07:55 AM

10,951 posts, read 3,689,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
The earliest Hurricane to hit Florida did so in June 5th, 2001...Allison. That is ~3 weeks from today.

Forecasters predict this season will be heavier than normal with as many as 9 named storm systems.
Tropical Storm Allison - June 4-18, 2001.

NOAA Mentions it was a T.S (Tropical Storm), never a 'Cane,

And it was Far from all of Florida Territory. (The proof is in the attached map)

https://tinyurl.com/ya3n3txs

Do not be scaring Off The Newcomers Folks !!!!!

Last edited by Huasho; 05-11-2020 at 08:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2020, 10:13 AM

860 posts, read 321,433 times
I have to think most people are already prepared for hurricane season with all the ridiculous hoarding they did for Covid.

Old 05-11-2020, 10:32 AM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser Brody View Post
I have to think most people are already prepared for hurricane season with all the ridiculous hoarding they did for Covid.
I burned through my Hurricane stash for C-19 so I didnt have to go to the store. Time to replenish it.

For newcommers who think they can wait...don't. The stores get wiped out so quickly as soon as a storm forms where your area is in the tracking cone. Don't be caught short.

There are some great threads here on C-D about what you need to buy, and do.

Old 05-11-2020, 10:45 AM

Unfortunately we are not out of the Woods yet with the Pandemic, therefore it's difficult to get more ESSENTIALS for an upcoming Hurricane, but for the Newbees,. Keep a list of what you will need and little by little start crossing out the items you have.

We here are fully stocked, Batteries and Emergency Lights included, always come in handy after you lose electricity service.

Old 05-11-2020, 11:36 AM

8,037 posts, read 4,631,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
No kidding. PREPARE NOW! Then quoting from CNN? CNN seriously? Do people still watch a hyped up media mess that has continually been proven wrong so many times? I can't imagine ever reading or listening to anything those buffoons make up or hype up to line their pockets.

Venice/Sarasota area very rarely gets hit. Goodness, people need to stop letting fearful ways rob them of today's joy. The sky isn't falling right now. You better enjoy the day.
Just Google "active hurricane season" - there are many dozens of sources if CNN doesn't suit your taste. Here is another one from AccuWeather:

AccuWeather Increases Number Of Hurricanes Predicted For Active 'Very Active' 2020 Atlantic Season:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.ya...163207839.html

I never told people to be very worried about it. The way people take it is up to them. All I did was report an accurate fact.

Do you also believe that men walking on the moon was a "hoax"? Or how abut 911 was an "inside job"? All the mainstream news reports were "lies" right?

There should be no need for "suppresion" of factual news reports on this forum just because something doesn't suit one's agenda.

Last edited by wondermint2; 05-11-2020 at 11:53 AM..

Old 05-11-2020, 11:46 AM

Fortunately and Unfortunately your examples on the table ALL REALLY HAPPENED....

But Weather is as unpredicatable as my wife of 48 yrs, because with EVEN all the Technology of today, they can miss by a MILE and DAILY !!!

Every other year, I will get tired of saying this, ALL Weather related reports before a Hurricane Season Stats are BOGUS and 99% of the time their BLEAK outlooks do not happen.

Forget about their Predictions, wait for the Season and Just LOOK and LISTEN to the ONLY BIBLE in the Crazy Weather News, The NOAA.

Then, and ONLY then listen to them, and all will be just fine. (In the Sunshine State since 1973 and I and my Young Family fought with Andrew in Miami way back then, and our Spirit was never broken, all of Us are now spread all over Florida, and not one of us moved out of the Sunshine Land).

When the times come a Hurricane can be beat, we did it and more than once.

Old 05-11-2020, 02:20 PM

One thing to keep in mind is that the official hurricane forecast comes out, then gets adjusted down, then down again and then down again as the season unfolds and then they claim they were correct based on the last revision. Very rarely does it go the other way. However it only takes one storm to ruin your life.

Old 05-11-2020, 04:01 PM

Again, NOAA doesnt adjust a single forecast they do...they just give you the new path every so many hrs, then it's up to you to figure if the track changed.

So Simple it's kindergarten stuff, but the TRUTH and not HISTERIA !!!

Old 05-11-2020, 04:06 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,125,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huasho View Post
Fortunately and Unfortunately your examples on the table ALL REALLY HAPPENED....

But Weather is as unpredicatable as my wife of 48 yrs, because with EVEN all the Technology of today, they can miss by a MILE and DAILY !!!

Every other year, I will get tired of saying this, ALL Weather related reports before a Hurricane Season Stats are BOGUS and 99% of the time their BLEAK outlooks do not happen.

Forget about their Predictions, wait for the Season and Just LOOK and LISTEN to the ONLY BIBLE in the Crazy Weather News, The NOAA.

Then, and ONLY then listen to them, and all will be just fine. (In the Sunshine State since 1973 and I and my Young Family fought with Andrew in Miami way back then, and our Spirit was never broken, all of Us are now spread all over Florida, and not one of us moved out of the Sunshine Land).

When the times come a Hurricane can be beat, we did it and more than once.
I too was in Florida beginning in May, 1973. I do have a quick question: Were you living in Homestead, FL when Hurricane Andrew hit Florida?

Old 05-11-2020, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huasho View Post
Again, NOAA doesnt adjust a single forecast they do...they just give you the new path every so many hrs, then it's up to you to figure if the track changed.

So Simple it's kindergarten stuff, but the TRUTH and not HISTERIA !!!
Yes, NOAA adjusts their hurricane predictions throughout the year. See here where they updated it again on August 8th last year.

NOAA constantly changes updates their initial wrong forecast so they can claim they are right at the end

"Seasonal forecasters with NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center have increased the likelihood of an above-normal Atlantic hurricane season to 45% (up from 30% from the outlook issued in May). The likelihood of near-normal activity is now at 35%, and the chance of below-normal activity has dropped to 20%."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area