Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2021, 02:43 PM

1 posts, read 3,929 times

Advertisements

My wife and are visiting the Venice-Englewood area in February to meet with a RE agent. We plan to relocate to this area in the August time frame. We have looked at the IslandWalk community and are interested in suggestions for other gated and non gated communities to consider. We like to be reasonably close (by car) to the beaches. Please make suggestions and identify why you like these specific areas, thoughts and concerns about HOA's, other. Not very interested in communities east of I75 but would consider your opinions. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2021, 07:05 AM

4,612 posts, read 7,529,570 times
There are quite a few new or nearly new construction communities in the Venice area. Some in the "north Venice" area will actually have Nokomis mailing addresses.

Below are some other suggestions. Some will have more amenities than others. Some have CDD fees, which typically run 20 - 30 years on your property tax bills, so always ask about CDD fees when visiting any new or newer community here in FL.

Toscana Isles
Milano
Vicenza
Cielo
Watercrest
Caribbean Village
Renaissance at Wellen Park
Sarasota National
Grand Palm
The Preserve
Gran Paradiso

Islandwalk, by the way is a CDD community, which runs around $645 per year. If you have specific questions about the CDD or association itself, the management company is Castle Management.
Assn/Manager Email: Sbryans@castlegroup.com
Assn/Manager Phone941) 493-2302

Old 01-23-2021, 06:50 PM

2,407 posts, read 3,186,786 times
I'd like to add a few more to Sunshine's list- Woodlands at Venice which is next to Vicenza and BeachWalk at Manasota Beach. BeachWalk hasn't opened yet but should open in the first half or this year and is right down the road from Manasota beach. You can Google it to get more info.

Oasis is next to The Preserve. I found a map of Wellen Park there are new communities listed on the map: Avelina, Gran Park, Wisteria, a Toll Bros. and a Mattamy community. https://wellenpark.com/

Old 02-04-2021, 08:46 AM

17 posts, read 25,878 times
Venetian Golf & River Club

Old 02-04-2021, 07:39 PM

Beachwalk by Manasota Key grand opening on March 20. Virtual tour at 11am. On-site at 1pm.
https://www.divosta.com/homes/florid...210435?cmp=EML

Mark your calendars for Saturday, March 20th at 11am EST for the virtual Grand Opening of BeachWalk by Manasota Key.

Join us for a special virtual tour of BeachWalk, the brand new DiVosta community coming to Englewood, FL, in the Sarasota area. Get an exclusive first look at:

Model Tours | Floor Plans | Site Plan Release | Planned Amenities | First Pick of Homesites | Early Bird Pricing

Saturday, March 20th
VIP Virtual Grand Opening: 11am EST
Reserve Your Homesite: 12pm EST - Join the Virtual Grand Opening to learn more
Doors Open to the Public: 1pm EST. Please note, due to CDC guidelines, social distancing along with face coverings will be requested and model tours will be restricted to a proper number of visitors at a time on a first come first serve basis.

Old 02-04-2021, 08:54 PM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesebiz View Post
Venetian Golf & River Club
Why are the property taxes sky high in there? The CDD's must be very high and are being combined with the propety taxes.

Old 02-04-2021, 10:06 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,491,618 times
Two in englewood would be boca royale and oyster creek. Bith closer to the beach than any venice community mentioned. Also a new one being built called beachwalk

Old 02-05-2021, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Why are the property taxes sky high in there? The CDD's must be very high and are being combined with the propety taxes.
VG&RC is in the City of Venice so you add city taxes to county taxes and if you pull a tax bill for any of the properties currently for sale you'll see the CDD fees are sky high. Lovely community if the carrying costs weren't so high. That's why I didn't include them in my prior post.

Old 02-06-2021, 12:48 PM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrodome2 View Post
VG&RC is in the City of Venice so you add city taxes to county taxes and if you pull a tax bill for any of the properties currently for sale you'll see the CDD fees are sky high. Lovely community if the carrying costs weren't so high. That's why I didn't include them in my prior post.
We scratched VG&RC off our list due to the high taxes/fees. They were crazy high. I even wrote the Mayor and City Council of Venice asking them why, & ther response was...

They let me know they received my emails, but they never provided a response.

I sure am glad I do not own a home in there, but it sure is a great looking community...what a shame.

I just looked and homes are selling in there again...quite a few pending. Northeasterners are used to huge property taxes, so won't even notice them in here.

Last edited by beach43ofus; 02-06-2021 at 01:53 PM..

Old 02-06-2021, 01:08 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,428,918 times
Don’t forget older communities if you do your homework. Plantation is between 41 and Center right beside the new Wellen area with all the new communities yet it does not have a CDD and the various neighborhoods within it will vary on their HOA fees. You do not have to belong to the country club. If you do look at an older hime, do your due diligence on such things as repiping and roofs. It can be a good deal if you look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area