Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2021, 09:18 AM

240 posts, read 213,525 times

Advertisements

Most of transplants are moving from Left-leaning states and cities.

The results are in according to the Officials. Real estate consulting firm RCLCO ranked Lakewood Ranch the best selling, master-planned community in the US in its 2021 mid-year survey. With an 83% jump in sales most buyers are coming from New York, CONNECTICUT, New Jersey, MASSCHUSETTS, CALIFORNIA and Chicago.

They are also coming from the east coast of FL and Tampa according to them.

(source: LakewoodRanch.com, "Good News from the Ranch")

Last edited by KMerendino; 07-28-2021 at 09:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2021, 10:51 AM

25,738 posts, read 12,824,670 times
Not a darned thing we can do about where people move here from. IMHO, many of those who flee those areas, are fleeing high cost of living, high taxes, and the policies that caused both. Most are likely the opposite of what you might think.

Old 07-28-2021, 12:59 PM

124 posts, read 113,846 times
I know of many conservative people in these states who are miserable and want out. I would not assume they are all left leaning. We won't know for sure until next election stats come out. I will say most of the left leaning people I know in those states would not be 'caught dead' in Florida. My daughter has a liberal friend in MA and her mom won't let her visit us in FL. That's how much she hates it!

Old 07-29-2021, 11:01 AM

9 posts, read 15,721 times
I am moving to Venice (flying in tomorrow actually) from Lexington MA, and I am moving precisely because I hate the liberal cesspit the state has become. You don’t have to worry about - how I will vote!

Old 07-29-2021, 12:39 PM

108 posts, read 121,201 times
I don't understand why Democrat/Progressive voters would want to move out of blue States since those are the policies they enjoy and vote for. Are they moving to red States to escape the crime and high taxes and vote for the same policies? Sort of like locusts who destroy the fields and move on to the next one. We escaped from NY to TX because we wanted to enjoy the freedom/lower taxes and may possibly come to FL if all ducks line up in a row.

Old 07-31-2021, 06:46 PM

2,407 posts, read 3,190,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead8286 View Post
I don't understand why Democrat/Progressive voters would want to move out of blue States since those are the policies they enjoy and vote for. Are they moving to red States to escape the crime and high taxes and vote for the same policies? Sort of like locusts who destroy the fields and move on to the next one. We escaped from NY to TX because we wanted to enjoy the freedom/lower taxes and may possibly come to FL if all ducks line up in a row.
The weather. If I could find a warm state that wasn't full of Trump lovers, I'd be there in a minute.

Old 08-01-2021, 06:30 AM

25,738 posts, read 12,824,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrodome2 View Post
The weather. If I could find a warm state that wasn't full of Trump lovers, I'd be there in a minute.
California's got great warm weather, & very few Trump lovers in San Francisco particularly.

Old 08-01-2021, 10:48 AM

14,950 posts, read 12,153,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidModUSA View Post
I know of many conservative people in these states who are miserable and want out. I would not assume they are all left leaning. We won't know for sure until next election stats come out. I will say most of the left leaning people I know in those states would not be 'caught dead' in Florida. My daughter has a liberal friend in MA and her mom won't let her visit us in FL. That's how much she hates it!
If she feels that way, it's a good thing she stays away. She can hate FL all she wants, but the less she knows about it and stays away, the getter. Hope she can convince about a million of her left- leaning acquaintenances and friends to stay away too.

Old 08-01-2021, 06:52 PM

2,407 posts, read 3,190,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
California's got great warm weather, & very few Trump lovers in San Francisco particularly.
SF is not warm enough to swim and the water in San Diego is cold. There is no gulf stream. I've already considered it.

Old 08-02-2021, 07:21 AM

240 posts, read 213,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrodome2 View Post
Have you considered a few beautiful cities and towns outside the US, just south? e.g. Cancun? Cabo? The weather is great and you can swim! A few other smaller coastal towns in MEXICO and Central America, and I assure you they didn't love Mr. Trump...but might indeed like Mr. Biden or Caramel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area