Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2022, 11:26 AM

563 posts, read 551,577 times

Advertisements

I find the road design amazing. The amount of cars that area handles with very little wait is amazing. The real issue is exiting the mall across the street from UTC if you want to head east.

This should help greatly with the UTC traffic from the east as beach brought up.

https://www.yourobserver.com/article...tSaFkbgjtMLinc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2022, 02:57 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshan View Post
I find the road design amazing. The amount of cars that area handles with very little wait is amazing. The real issue is exiting the mall across the street from UTC if you want to head east.

This should help greatly with the UTC traffic from the east as beach brought up.

https://www.yourobserver.com/article...tSaFkbgjtMLinc
I love the fact that they added in bike lanes. Such a wonderfully relaxing and safe place to take a bike ride.

You might even survive. If not, there may not be enough left of you to identify, so make sure you have ID in your pocket for the cop or EMT who finds what's left of you.

Old 03-24-2022, 07:48 AM

33 posts, read 22,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I love the fact that they added in bike lanes. Such a wonderfully relaxing and safe place to take a bike ride.

You might even survive. If not, there may not be enough left of you to identify, so make sure you have ID in your pocket for the cop or EMT who finds what's left of you.
Great post! Gotta love these bike lanes cites/townes put in because they are free courtesy of the federal government, even if they make no sense at all. Our fine federal government at work.

Old 03-24-2022, 08:48 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,735,558 times
Lumber prices fall 22% in March as housing market cools on soaring mortgage rates.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/...e-rates-2022-3

Apparently new home sales fell for a 2nd straight month in Feb, just 2% drop, but still a drop compared to the runaway high prices we've been seeing.

I do think the housing market is overpriced and it's overdue for a correction. I'm just lucky that I bought before the crazy boom; we can sustain market correction. The builders are going to be fine regardless. They have a lot more toys in their toolbox to switch around when market slows down (throw in more upgrades without lowering their prices, for example). It's the homebuyers that bought in the past 1-2 years that are going to be affected the most.

But then again, if you just bought and don't plan to sell anytime soon, you'll be ok.

Old 03-24-2022, 08:57 AM

8,266 posts, read 4,671,045 times
I wonder what percent of home sales in Sarasota are for cash. Does anyone have an estimate? If the cash buyers are more in Sarasota compared to other locations - the slowdown due to increased interest rates might be buffered to some extent.

Old 03-24-2022, 09:34 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
There is a poster spreading incredible misinformation about housing in Manatee and Sarasota counties.

Apparently, you can get homes on the water in Manatee for $160K and Sarasota county is nothing but jacked up trailers on foundations. Also "Sarasota County is a bit tougher, since it's all much closer to the coast"

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...ousing-12.html

post #117 and goes on from there.

Old 03-24-2022, 11:37 AM

402 posts, read 261,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wondermint2 View Post
I wonder what percent of home sales in Sarasota are for cash. Does anyone have an estimate? If the cash buyers are more in Sarasota compared to other locations - the slowdown due to increased interest rates might be buffered to some extent.
I cannot answer directly, but I can inform.

In 2021 in Brandon there were 535 sales between $300,000-$500,000. Most investors buy in this range.

157 were for all cash or 29%.

95 were to LLC's or 18%.

Old 03-24-2022, 11:41 AM

402 posts, read 261,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilliesOfTheFields View Post
Paying cash for a house in this nosebleed environment is quite nutty.
Not always Shecky. Where you are trying to get the winning bid, or a discount, cash is still King. Remember, you can always finance later, if that is advantageous. And, if you are an investor seeking to leverage a million dollars into multiple properties, financing gives you the ability to buy several instead of just two or three.

Old 03-24-2022, 11:54 AM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trying941 View Post
Not always Shecky. Where you are trying to get the winning bid, or a discount, cash is still King. Remember, you can always finance later, if that is advantageous. And, if you are an investor seeking to leverage a million dollars into multiple properties, financing gives you the ability to buy several instead of just two or three.
Convert cash into property during periods of very high inflation (its ~9.6% here right now) is good because holding eroding dollars, can wind up costing you. The cash is de-valuing, but the home is appreciating.

Old 03-24-2022, 12:59 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,344,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Convert cash into property during periods of very high inflation (its ~9.6% here right now) is good because holding eroding dollars, can wind up costing you. The cash is de-valuing, but the home is appreciating.

What happens when the house prices go down?

I wonder what's going to happen with used cars, especially with auto makers cracking down on pricing new cars over MSRP.

Like the C8 Corvette. next year when the production is caught up and is back to normal what will those dealers do that bought a lightly used C8 and trying to sell it for 105k when you can order a similar NEW one from the factory for 70k?

The car will either collect dust or the dealer will have to sell it and a pretty good loss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area