Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2022, 06:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,087 times

Advertisements

I've heard ramblings how some of the A rated Sarasota elementary schools are teaching young kids as early as Kindergarten or first grade about sexuality and racism, with liberal perspectives- topics that I'm not comfortable for my little one to be exposed to at such an early age (fair enough). Is this in fact happening? Curious to hear about personal experiences and which schools to he weary of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2022, 08:26 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,335,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyctoflorida View Post
I've heard ramblings how some of the A rated Sarasota elementary schools are teaching young kids as early as Kindergarten or first grade about sexuality and racism, with liberal perspectives- topics that I'm not comfortable for my little one to be exposed to at such an early age (fair enough). Is this in fact happening? Curious to hear about personal experiences and which schools to he weary of.

Most Public schools outside of the rural districts are going to be pretty liberal. Even private schools some can be liberal too but not as far left.

While DeSantis is pretty conservative, FL as a whole is pretty purple.

I will say FL feels much more liberal to me than my home state of Missouri, especially socially. Outside of the 3 big cities in MO this stuff wouldn't fly in most schools.

Especailly when it comes to stuff like you described. People in FL seem more tolerant and such.

Old 03-08-2022, 02:14 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
It's in the schools at the middle school level. Not sure if it's in elementary. You won't find it on the school websites, either.

You'd be better off asking questions about specific schools.

Old 03-08-2022, 05:40 AM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Southern Sarasota County is much more Conservative than the City of Sarasota. Look as far South in Sarasota County as possible.

Look at schools that feed into Venice High School.

https://floridapolitics.com/archives...n-sex-ed-bill/

Recently, our Conservative Governor DeSantis signed a bill that requires parental consent PRIOR to kids being taught about any sex-related topics in schools..like Sex-ed.

Old 03-08-2022, 09:19 AM

3,833 posts, read 3,335,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Southern Sarasota County is much more Conservative than the City of Sarasota. Look as far South in Sarasota County as possible.

Look at schools that feed into Venice High School.

https://floridapolitics.com/archives...n-sex-ed-bill/

Recently, our Conservative Governor DeSantis signed a bill that requires parental consent PRIOR to kids being taught about any sex-related topics in schools..like Sex-ed.
When i think of the republicans there they come off as what Rush Limbaugh called them, country club Republicans. Moderate to liberal on social issues, but fiscally conservative because of their money. Thats what they come off to me in Sarasota and Naples. Not the Republican type from missouri or Mississippi for example far right super pro gun.

Old 03-08-2022, 09:52 AM

24 posts, read 24,688 times
Quote:

You have every right to be concerned. Yes, it's being slipped in early grades. There is an agenda being driven by teachers themselves according to my spouse and her colleagues. According to my spouse, a longtime educator, this agenda is being driven by teachers, administrators and counselors who themselves are LGBT and super liberal in their perspectives. These groups now dominate public and some private schools and the social philosophies. My spouse points out that now it is rare for a school to even hire Male teachers, and most that are teachers are in fact LGBT, not heterosexual men, notwithstanding most physical education teachers and sports coaches.

My report to you although anecdotal, I witnessed this agenda and transformation of the classroom teacher profile, when I too was a teacher, years earlier. That's one reason why I left teaching. I saw it coming, slowly and deliberately. That horse left the barn years ago.

We opted for conservative religious private schools for our family.

Do your homework, don't believe this stuff isn't being incrementally taught...it is...sneakily.

God Bless and good luck, you'll need it.

Old 03-08-2022, 11:32 AM

836 posts, read 505,530 times
[quote=jack_m_roun;63041385] My spouse points out that now it is rare for a school to even hire Male teachers, and most that are teachers are in fact LGBT, not heterosexual men, notwithstanding most physical education teachers and sports coaches.
/QUOTE]

I have been a male teacher in the liberal Northeast for 20 years. The proportion of LGBTQ+ is at most proportional to society at large. I teach in a high school with 400 students. We have two openly gay staff members. The staff is close to 50/50 men to women. Before I relocated, I was at a huge school - 1600 students, a 200 staff. We didn't have a single openly gay male teacher (a couple of women, though) and the staff was half men. LGBTQ+ I know rarely put that out on front street in their schools.

You know what message gets sent, maybe as early as elementary schools? LGBTQ+ people exist and it's OK that they exist. If you have a problem with that, I agree you should send you kids to a Christian Madrassah for their brainwashing.

Relax, nobody will make your kid LGBTQ+ unless they already are.

Old 03-08-2022, 05:08 PM

1,107 posts, read 552,008 times
Children aren't sexual until puberty. There is no reason to teach them about sexuality -- straight, gay, whatever -- when they have no frame of reference for understanding. The only sex-related lesson they need to learn is not to let anyone touch their private parts.

Last edited by 562026; 03-08-2022 at 05:57 PM..

Old 03-08-2022, 05:52 PM

113 posts, read 89,906 times
[quote=WestRiverTraveler;63042231]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_m_roun View Post
My spouse points out that now it is rare for a school to even hire Male teachers, and most that are teachers are in fact LGBT, not heterosexual men, notwithstanding most physical education teachers and sports coaches.
/QUOTE]

I have been a male teacher in the liberal Northeast for 20 years. The proportion of LGBTQ+ is at most proportional to society at large. I teach in a high school with 400 students. We have two openly gay staff members. The staff is close to 50/50 men to women. Before I relocated, I was at a huge school - 1600 students, a 200 staff. We didn't have a single openly gay male teacher (a couple of women, though) and the staff was half men. LGBTQ+ I know rarely put that out on front street in their schools.

You know what message gets sent, maybe as early as elementary schools? LGBTQ+ people exist and it's OK that they exist. If you have a problem with that, I agree you should send you kids to a Christian Madrassah for their brainwashing.

Relax, nobody will make your kid LGBTQ+ unless they already are.

First highlighted : this ain't the Northeast ..ok?

Second highlighted: Not true in Florida in the early childhood, even highschool

Third highlighted: the LGBTq plusxyz community "recruits new members" by indoctrination by suggesting to young minds that gender is "fluid", especially before puberty...that's when they put it in their minds that there is no such thing as gender specific, they engage in this nonsense before puberty...no normal child thinks they are homosexual in grade school ...LOL...unless some teacher or other adult is suggesting they might be, and most times it's not their parents telling the student that BS. They love to have children join their ranks, it helps legitimize the illegitimate viz settled biology and normal sexual behavior and the basis of having two distinct genders, created for a singular purpose called procreation. The essence of life of human beings is the ability and necessity to sustain the species...not having aberrant behaviors that do not contribute to that end.

Argue? wasting time, lol, with me, go argue with science, i.e. biology, chemistry, genetics/DNA, and of course common sense.,,,,,but people twist axioms all the time for sure. The World is not flat. The Sun rises in the East. Some things are in fact axiomatic....there are no new "genders" either in humankind and that at present is unassailable truth, whether that makes certain people happy, confused or angry or not. Deal with it, any way you wish.

Old 03-08-2022, 06:07 PM

113 posts, read 89,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 562026 View Post
Children aren't sexual until puberty. There is no reason to teach them about sexuality -- straight, gay, whatever --when they have no frame of reference for understanding. The only sex-related lesson they need to learn is not to let anyone touch their private parts.
Agreed, totally...

but let's tackle truth is labeling

No such thing as "straight" it's called what it is, i.e. Heterosexual

No such thing as "gay"....this is intentional word manipulation, it's called HOMOsexual

No such thing as "whatever", that smacks of total aberrant sexual behavior, usually abnormal

People engaged in aberrant sexual behavior also quite effectively seek to "massage" and re-define words and language in order to attempt to legitimize known illegitimate and abnormal behaviors, hence inserting the term "GAY" in the lexicon, when the word gay has NO historic foundational meaning as one that is HOMOSEXUAL.

Gotta pay attention to manipulation and bs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area