Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2023, 08:07 AM

2 posts, read 6,793 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone! I am moving down to the area in a few months and I have a quick question. We originally were hoping to live in Sarasota, but I have noticed that rent seems to be quite a lot cheaper in Bradenton so we are now considering finding something there. I have heard mixed things about Bradenton and was hoping to gain some insight from you all!

What areas (if any) should I try to avoid in Bradenton? I know that all cities will have “bad” areas. I unfortunately have spent most of my time these last few months researching Sarasota and don't know much about Bradenton. We are just hoping to live somewhere that doesn’t look run down and/or sketchy. I’ve noticed that apartments in certain areas of Bradenton seem to be a lot cheaper than others, and I am assuming this is due to the area.

The ones I have found so far and liked are located on El Conquistador Pwky between 34th St W and 684. The others are located along the river between I-75 and 64. Can anyone shed some light on either area?

We are coming to town in April to start viewing some of these apartments. I am hoping that I'll be able to shorten the list of apartments we will need to view based on what everyone says here.

(Also, if you are going to tell me that Florida is really crowded, expensive, and I should not to move there - please don't. I appreciate the concern, however, I am moving due to my job transferring me and am aware of all of the things people say to try to deter others from moving down there.)

Thanks so much for your time! Have a great day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2023, 08:23 AM

25,729 posts, read 12,800,389 times
There was a thread on this topic before. If you use the search function, you should see a lot of posts.

Old 02-22-2023, 08:26 AM

2 posts, read 6,793 times
Thanks, I'll try that!

Old 02-22-2023, 10:37 AM

25,729 posts, read 12,800,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkosz678 View Post
Thanks, I'll try that!
This is it:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/sara...on-safety.html

Old 02-23-2023, 08:21 AM

119 posts, read 117,815 times
If your EMPLOYER is the one transferring you, we assume that you are working for a fairly large national company, not a mom and pop organization. ASK THEIR HR/relo PROFESSIONALS for their help and guidance. They have more resources to help their own transferred employee it would seem to me, since they would want their employees to be safe/secure and reasonably happy in their move to a new residence. If they aren't helping in the first place, that would be odd for any national or regional company. Rely on their help and guidance FIRST.

Old 02-23-2023, 08:26 AM

119 posts, read 117,815 times
By the way, you may NOT want to hear it, but THIS AREA of Florida certainly IS over-crowed AND expensive, so no one is misleading or lying to you. Having said that, no one here controls your movement, choices, or opinion either. Do what YOU must. Don't get offended by someone telling you the lay of the land around here. It is what it is. Don't ask if you bristle about another's opinion about the realities. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area