Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 05:48 PM

3,645 posts, read 7,152,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
Congratulations on your new home and welcome to Florida!
thanks ShepsMom, it is all so exciting, it made it very difficult to leave this time

I am sorry we didn't get to meet you at the Sarasota meet, hopefully in the future when we come over again there will be another meet up on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 06:32 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,091,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
Thanks BigHouse, and it was great to finally meet you too
We are now back it's very very cold and snow is forecast for tonight
We are missing the sunshine and our lovely new house already
Believe me it will be January before you know it, and we'll be having Marguarita's at Cracker Joe's! - Right?!? You will be busy figuring out now exactly how you're going to fill every niche and corner with something nice! It takes time, and is a lot of work finding just the right stuff to fill your new home. Are you thinking of sending anything over from England? Fran is doing the shopping and decorating, so I think maybe 5 things (beside my boat, and my dog Champ, of course) will make it down from MD. ;( LOL She shows me no mercy.

I hope you took all the dimensions. I think we spent a day measuriing every dimension in every room; including every window and door opening, and head of window to ceiling, sill of window to floor, base heights, jamb widths - you name it.

SoFLGal was telling me about your dinner, and how some words mean something completely different between our English language. LOL Some of it was very funny. Keeping it proper, the garden and the back yard meaning the same thing surprises me. I thought garden meant the area where the plants were arranged in the back yard, not the whole back yard. I hope I'm there when you guys see your first lightning bug (the bugs that fly around the yard and create their own light)! That will be a fun experience for you in the spring when they are most active. They are total harmless, don't bite, or anything just a beautiful thing in the night.

Business will be a different experience for you too, but I'm sure you will do well.

More later, See ya before you know it.

Old 10-30-2008, 10:28 AM

325 posts, read 1,024,415 times
Congrats, It sure was nice meeting you.

www.kbremodelers.com

Old 11-02-2008, 09:20 PM

384 posts, read 990,455 times
Mr. & Mrs S .. where exactly did you buy?

Old 11-03-2008, 12:51 AM

we are trying to keep it secret !!

we bought a foreclosure in Rotonda Sands, got a great deal (and there are more out there ) and although the lot is small we do have room for a pool and still keep a back yard.

if you woulkd like some info on the area/homes DM me

Old 11-03-2008, 02:30 AM

128 posts, read 424,252 times
Congratulations on your new home. Did you actually close on it while you where there or will you do this via your agent? We are closing on our new home 10th November, so we are getting very excited and a little nervous now. Just got our closing costs through and was surprised to see a state tax charge. When we first started enquiring about buying in Florida we asked what taxes we would pay on a purchase and nobody ever mentioned a state tax on a purchase. I suppose this is equivalent to our stamp duty.
When are you back in Florida, did you get losts of photos of your new home, must send some through. Mrs S did you find some good shopping places, bet you can't wait to be back out and furnishing. Must meet up if we are in Florida at same time. Once again Congrats!!!!

Old 11-03-2008, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet2007 View Post
Congratulations on your new home. Did you actually close on it while you where there or will you do this via your agent? We are closing on our new home 10th November, so we are getting very excited and a little nervous now. Just got our closing costs through and was surprised to see a state tax charge. When we first started enquiring about buying in Florida we asked what taxes we would pay on a purchase and nobody ever mentioned a state tax on a purchase. I suppose this is equivalent to our stamp duty.
When are you back in Florida, did you get losts of photos of your new home, must send some through. Mrs S did you find some good shopping places, bet you can't wait to be back out and furnishing. Must meet up if we are in Florida at same time. Once again Congrats!!!!
Hi Janet,
Congratulations on you're new home! I was wondering how you were making out. Are you there now? Yea - you guys should schedule a meet up - that would be cool.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:51 AM

128 posts, read 424,252 times
Hi Big House, No not in Florida yet. We arrive 9th November and close 10th. Everything is just about coming together. Home inspection was done last week, walk through going ahead today and rewalk on 10th November so we can be there, then we go to the closing. I am just about begining to understand how things work in Florida haha!!!. When are you back in Florida, if you are about would be nice to meet up. We will be there until 22nd November. Hope everything went well for you also.
Janet

Old 11-03-2008, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet2007 View Post
Hi Big House, No not in Florida yet. We arrive 9th November and close 10th. Everything is just about coming together. Home inspection was done last week, walk through going ahead today and rewalk on 10th November so we can be there, then we go to the closing. I am just about begining to understand how things work in Florida haha!!!. When are you back in Florida, if you are about would be nice to meet up. We will be there until 22nd November. Hope everything went well for you also.
Janet
We closed on our house on October 15th, we have been working to finish it out since then. We will be heading back down on the 14th and hang out till the 18th. Our closing could not have gone smoother.

I hope everything goes as well for you at your closing as it did at mine. I know you bought in Sarasota, what was the community that you're in? You're going to love Florida.

We met Mr&MrsS when they were here - really nice people! I'm looking forward to seeing them again!

Old 11-04-2008, 12:53 AM

Hi Janet, we close Nov 25th - we are letting the agent handle it all, it can be done form the UK although i must admit its tempting to 'pop' back over ! I think nthere are one or two minor costs like doc stamp etc but nothing as bad as stamp duty ! I will aks Mel to send some pics - yes she found some shops we spent the last 3 days in them (got a great deal on a bed in furniture warehouse ).

looks like we should be back late Jan/early Feb.

good luck with your house
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area