Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 02:36 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,565,938 times

Advertisements

Those pictures do not surprise me, Bradenton is known gang territory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2009, 04:35 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,733,427 times
"Our Guns Are Loaded And We Are Ready 4 U"

These is not a surprise, because that is the new Bradenton slogan! That Taco Bell/Long John Silver is in a respectable area of Bradenton near Braden River High School, the "better" part of the east side, with better is quotations. These is real, because the crime is spreading outward. In fact, the Dairy Queen located on SR 70 that isn't that far away from the building in the picture was vandalized in the Summer of 2008, and that might be around the time that sign was posted.

TMAN24, I don't understand how you are such an expert on Bradenton even though you haven't lived here in over 10 years. And I mean LIVE, not VISIT, not talk to somebody on the phone, not read a newspaper article, I mean live. THINGS CHANGE in 10 years time, heck things change in a years time. What Bradenton was back in the '90's cannot and is not the way it is today. The population has grown, there are more businesses now, we have build out on SR 70 and some of these other streets that were woods back when, things change.

I also don't understand [TMAN24] why you are so concerned about Bradenton. If you live in Ohio, I think you would be more concerned about the safety and the security of you area in Ohio, not posting about a place that you only visit now. You can keep telling us that Bradenton doesn't have crime, Bradenton is nice, and so on, but you have no facts to support your claim. When I say facts, I don't mean dry statics comparing Bradenton to Sarasota, or Bradenton to Ft. Myers, I mean facts. I read the Bradenton Herald, and they have reports on crime EVERY DAY in Bradenton, and it is not just the east side anymore. You also have to remember that a lot of stuff goes unreported, because people don't want to have police involvement.

EXAMPLE OF CRIME: In August, September, and October, we had more bank robberies in these three months than in ALL of 2007. It was reported to NOT be economy related, it was a gang of robbers that was robbing banks for the fun of it || Stacy Williams III was shot in 2007 by convicted gang members. Sheriff Stubie admitted that we have serious gang problems. || In 2008, Pamela LaRose was shot in front of a Peaches Restaurant in West Bradenton || In 2008, a manager was shot in the head at a Crisper's Restaurant in West Bradenton || Macy's Department Store was robbed, Steak n' Shake was robbed, Music Music was robbed, Bealls was robbed, ALL in West Bradenton || An employee at a Best Buy store in West Bradenton was walking out and was attacked by 2 men, but was able to flee. || A woman was attacked in The Home Depot parking lot in West Bradenton. || A employee of Carabba's Restaurant was robbed in West Bradenton || A man at a Sweetbay Store stuffed shrimp down his pants trying to steal them, but was caught by a off-duty police officer || A water system was stolen at an Elementary School in W. Bradenton || Several Woman were abducted at various locations throughout Bradenton in 2008|| Copper Thefts were on the rise... The list goes on.

You see, you don't even need pictures, the stories tell themselves, crime is increasing in Bradenton, and the police force isn't doing there job correctly, there off having intimate relationships with prostitutions, which is also something that happened in 2008. You want to continue to tell me that Bradenton doesn't have crime, no problems, and so on but you don't know what is truly going on unless you live and hear and read about that place. After 10 years, things change, and we are having more crime than in a long time. If it isn't acknowledged and people don't fighting against it, it's going to get worse and it will overpower the city.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Those pictures do not surprise me, Bradenton is known gang territory.
This is also true, as for all of the gang activity that went on in 2008.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:18 PM

95 posts, read 380,784 times
Way to take things out of context.

I lived in Bradenton for over 10 years first off, not 10 years ago.

Second I don't think that picture sums up the crime in Bradenton at all,

I think it sums up the this dilution' that some local people have of Bradenton being really crime ridden and dangerous.

I think Bradentons crime index proves really well how safe Bradenton is compared to other areas in it's region of the same population.

Perhaps the Taco Bell Managers are in this forum too.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Guy View Post
"Our Guns Are Loaded And We Are Ready 4 U"

TMAN24, I don't understand how you are such an expert on Bradenton even though you haven't lived here in over 10 years. And I mean LIVE, not VISIT, not talk to somebody on the phone, not read a newspaper article, I mean live.
I also don't understand [TMAN24] why you are so concerned about Bradenton. If you live in Ohio, I think you would be more concerned about the safety and the security of you area in Ohio, not posting about a place that you only visit now. You can keep telling us that Bradenton doesn't have crime, Bradenton is nice, and so on, but you have no facts to support your claim. When I say facts, I don't mean dry statics comparing Bradenton to Sarasota, or Bradenton to Ft. Myers, I mean facts.
EXAMPLE OF CRIME: In August, September, and October, we had more bank robberies in these three months than in ALL of 2007. It was reported to NOT be economy related, it was a gang of robbers that was robbing banks for the fun of it || Stacy Williams III was shot in 2007 by convicted gang members. Sheriff Stubie admitted that we have serious gang problems. || In 2008, Pamela LaRose was shot in front of a Peaches Restaurant in West Bradenton || In 2008, a manager was shot in the head at a Crisper's Restaurant in West Bradenton || Macy's Department Store was robbed, Steak n' Shake was robbed, Music Music was robbed, Bealls was robbed, ALL in West Bradenton || An employee at a Best Buy store in West Bradenton was walking out and was attacked by 2 men, but was able to flee. || A woman was attacked in The Home Depot parking lot in West Bradenton. || A employee of Carabba's Restaurant was robbed in West Bradenton || A man at a Sweetbay Store stuffed shrimp down his pants trying to steal them, but was caught by a off-duty police officer || A water system was stolen at an Elementary School in W. Bradenton || Several Woman were abducted at various locations throughout Bradenton in 2008|| Copper Thefts were on the rise... The list goes on.

I grew up in Bradenton and know almost every part of town, I see the things going on there,
and I still think Ft.Myers makes Bradenton look like a "sunday school baptist girls choir try out" and the residents who live there are fortuante to be so lucky to live there.

Facts are Facts. Opinion are Opinions , I present facts in my argument , you question my motives and give your opinion as well as label your city as dangerous from a few isolated incidents ,
you named about 10 or so incidents in which took place last year!
Then you turn around and talk about how things change a lot in 1 year.
Well what the heck has happened this year?

Then you say I havn't lived there in 10 years. Which is false.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAN24 View Post
I grew up in Bradenton and know almost every part of town, I see the things going on there,
and I still think Ft.Myers makes Bradenton look like a "sunday school baptist girls choir try out" and the residents who live there are fortuante to be so lucky to live there.

Facts are Facts. Opinion are Opinions , I present facts in my argument , you question my motives and give your opinion as well as label your city as dangerous from a few isolated incidents ,
you named about 10 or so incidents in which took place last year!
Then you turn around and talk about how things change a lot in 1 year.
Well what the heck has happened this year?

Then you say I havn't lived there in 10 years. Which is false.
Quote:
12-30-2008, 02:13 AM
[SIZE=5]TMAN24[/SIZE]
befriend
34 posts, read 4,470 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Guy
Why compare another city to Bradenton? Bradenton is Bradenton no matter how you look at it. May I ask when was the last time you were truly in Bradenton for any extended period of time?

Can't argue that, Bradenton will always be Bradenton,
I have not lived in Bradenton the actual city for some 14 years, I did spend the summer of 03 in Mill Creek which is a planned community east of 75 almost in LakeWood Ranch.
I went to Richard Milburn academy in 02
You haven't lived in the city for 14 years. Spending a summer here and there doesn't qualify you as living here. No matter what we say, what pictures we posts, whatever you want to argue with points that are now defunct since You haven't been in Bradenton for x amount of years. Things have changed since 2007, and I don't care if you know every square centimeter of Bradenton, that doesn't change the fact that crime is increasing.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Way to take things out of context.

I lived in Bradenton for over 10 years first off, not 10 years ago.

Second I don't think that picture sums up the crime in Bradenton at all,

I think it sums up the this dilution' that some local people have of Bradenton being really crime ridden and dangerous.

I think Bradentons crime index proves really well how safe Bradenton is compared to other areas in it's region of the same population.

Perhaps the Taco Bell Managers are in this forum too.
Bradenton's crime index is for the city of Bradenton ONLY. That doesn't include the part of Bradenton that is concerned Manatee County. People see the crime in Bradenton, and they react. There are some people that refuse to believe a town that they once knew might possible have change for the worse. Read the newspapers, the crime is always listed in there.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Guy View Post
Bradenton's crime index is for the city of Bradenton ONLY. That doesn't include the part of Bradenton that is concerned Manatee County. People see the crime in Bradenton, and they react. There are some people that refuse to believe a town that they once knew might possible have change for the worse. Read the newspapers, the crime is always listed in there.
That is actually a really good point you make
I would be interested tho on what is actually included as being "Bradenton"
It kinda has always seemed to me tho that most areas in Manatee County that are not Bradenton or Palmetto are pretty nice areas.

I know stuff happens in the sub urbs in stuff, heck a few of my buddies in High School are now in prison for murders they committed off University as they had a drug deal go bad in an Albertsons parking lot in broad day light,I know stuff happens in nicer areas outside of Bradenton , I just think it is pretty minimal and no real threat to the community outside of the local drug dealers or buyers.

Old 01-04-2009, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
Hey Jenny,
I'm with you. . . why would anywone argue about a post / picture like that. What kinda of message does that say?

I'd sure like to know.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:00 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,091,177 times
Quote:
That is actually a really good point you make
I would be interested tho on what is actually included as being "Bradenton"
It kinda has always seemed to me tho that most areas in Manatee County that are not Bradenton or Palmetto are pretty nice areas.

I know stuff happens in the sub urbs in stuff, heck a few of my buddies in High School are now in prison for murders they committed off University as they had a drug deal go bad in an Albertsons parking lot in broad day light,I know stuff happens in nicer areas outside of Bradenton , I just think it is pretty minimal and no real threat to the community outside of the local drug dealers or buyers.
Well, that right there says, a lot. If your buddies are in jail for murder, and you're a lot more familiar with, and tolarant of, drug dealers and stuff like that then most people your sense of crime and the risk of crime is different than most peoples. I'm not attacking you either, I'm just saying that your concerns are no where aa heightened as many people.

Regardless, it is WRONG, for anyone to put a sign like that out in public. It is just plain scary. Little kids just won't understand, and should not be exposed to that kinda message - nor the crimes, that caused someone to react in a way to put a sign like that up in the first place. I'm sure both are real, and both are bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area