Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 02:05 PM

425 posts, read 1,105,233 times

Advertisements

well my husband has always wanted a place in florida , and this sort of seemed alright for us.the place itself is fine, inside and out, eventually we will put new siding on it,it has a roof over and , we replaced the pipes and had a new water heater put in, yes I guess you could say we could rent a place, but we liked the area, the people and the community, so we decided that it was a fair investment.we also own a lot in North Port in an undeveloped area, we bought at the height of the market and now we just pay taxes on it, we were eventually going to build a place in 10 years or so there, but we liked La Casa and decided on that. There are alot more things we could have thrown our money away on , but we both agree that this wasnt one of them.
thanks for the realistic look at things though , it sure is an eye opener
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 02:23 PM

Default Insurance info

Marcia,
we pay 684 a year, now when we bought the place the La Casa real estate people gave us a bunch of info, you can get it for less but we insured it at the higher end , just in case it gets blown away by a hurricane, which the park has never lost any since they have been around.
we also insured the little shed thats attached for 450.00 but thats included in the above amount. because we are at the back of the park , my husband the over cautious one bought flood insurance that we will probably never need ,but its not terrible, the company I think we have is Citizens, its through the state I think.
Like I said Vickie is great she walked us through everything, and people there bend over backwards for you.
this is how secure the park is, the people that lived in our place before us, there daughter sent things, for mothers and fathers day, and it was in our screened in porch untouched, till we got there in september,
people watch out for each other there too which is nice, husbands uncle came up to check on the place and a few people came over to make sure everything was o.k.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:09 AM

Default hI Ed and welcome

thanks for all the info Ed, thats always good to know.I know we bought an older home,but we own the land underneath , and we own a share of the park. we wanted something that ,god forbid someone couldnt buy out from underneath us,and the monthly fee that would be suitable to our situation,we are still younger,in our late 40s ,mid 50s, but love the community and its close proximity to everything .I will put you im my e-mail address , when we do want to do something with our place I will know who to contact.You think La Casa is a nice place also?
that warms the cockles of my heart
we did alot of research before we bought in La Casa

Old 02-05-2009, 08:34 AM

69 posts, read 272,007 times
Default thank you

Thanks, Grandmallie, for the insurance information. (I have been without internet access for a week while visiting our sister.) We are now back in PA, with a morning temp of 1.6 degrees. Is there any wonder we are looking for a winter home in FLA???

Thank you, Ed, for your information. Once my husband and I decide just what we're looking for, we'll keep you in mind.
Marcia (in freezing cold, but sunny, PA)

Old 08-26-2010, 09:12 AM

3,179 posts, read 6,004,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bensonsqualitycleaning View Post
Hi my name is Mike. Benson's Soft Roof Wash Home page Looking for someone to help me in doing direct mail ads for gated communities in south Sarasota, Venice, North Port. Any ideas.
More advertising & soliciting on CD. GO AWAY! This is not the place!

Old 08-29-2010, 07:59 AM

14 posts, read 58,553 times
Just FYI, there's a very active 55+ community in the heart of Venice called Venice Isle Estates. Great community with two clubhouses, two pools, tennis courts, lots of planned activities and it's a 'resident owned' park. Maintenance fees are $130/month and include your lawn care and basic cable TV. Double wides sell for anywhere from $50,000 up and the price includes your owners share. Insurance, depending on the coverage you get, is about $1000/year (at least that's what my mothers is). The community is about 10 minutes from the beach, 10 minutes to the Island of Venice, close to grocery stores, gas stations, etc. Very convenient. I'm a realtor and I can attest to the fact that most people who buy in the 55+ communities are buying the lifestyle. It's very easy to make good friends quite quickly in an active park.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:36 AM

1 posts, read 4,639 times
My wife and I visited Lacasa last Sept., we were impressed with the park and would eventually like to buy there, however we would really like to stay there for at least a week to see how we like it and I would also like to go out on the waterway to see how long it takes to get to good fishing spots and the distance to the bay from the park. I know they do rent some homes in the park on a monthly basis but we could only stay a week, I also know it seems you have to know a resident in the park to rent there.....Do you have any suggestions?
Gary and Robin

Old 11-02-2010, 02:12 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
You might want to consider the [URL="http://www.villageofholidaylake.com/"]Village of Holiday Lakes[/URL] if you like being close to the beach. It's in Charlotte County on the Port Charlotte/Englewood line. You own your own land, so the monthly rent is only $95. I don't think it's an over 55 park, but most of the residents are seniors and it's very well kept. I walked around and talked to some of the residents and almost everyone I met was retired. It's about a mile or 2 from a Publix shopping center, Home Depot and a few banks, so it's not completely isolated, but it's very quiet.

The other parks mentioned on this thread look interesting too, especially the one in Venice. I've been looking at single family homes, but I might look into some of them!

Old 11-02-2010, 02:21 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kremlack View Post
Just FYI, there's a very active 55+ community in the heart of Venice called Venice Isle Estates. Great community with two clubhouses, two pools, tennis courts, lots of planned activities and it's a 'resident owned' park. Maintenance fees are $130/month and include your lawn care and basic cable TV. Double wides sell for anywhere from $50,000 up and the price includes your owners share. Insurance, depending on the coverage you get, is about $1000/year (at least that's what my mothers is). The community is about 10 minutes from the beach, 10 minutes to the Island of Venice, close to grocery stores, gas stations, etc. Very convenient. I'm a realtor and I can attest to the fact that most people who buy in the 55+ communities are buying the lifestyle. It's very easy to make good friends quite quickly in an active park.
Are you sure? I just looked at the current listings and the owner's share - without the home - is over $50,000.

Edit: I guess a home that is listed for $68,000 is probably $18,000 plus the share. So you're right. They just seem high to me, but it's Venice which is a lovely area. [URL="http://www.veniceisle.com/forsale.cfm"]homes available [/URL]

Last edited by justNancy; 11-02-2010 at 02:31 PM..

Old 03-07-2012, 02:48 PM

1 posts, read 3,343 times
dave w i hav been looking for a place to rent jan. feb. mar. if you know of any for the price you mentioned let me know jim at sosengineer1@yahoo.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area