Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2009, 07:45 PM

55 posts, read 133,209 times

Advertisements

1. OUR FIRST PREFERENCE: We need a place to live. We are a non-smoking, quiet couple with 2 wonderful, sweet, adorable cats. Both cats are neutered/spayed. We love them! They are our babies and our best friends! We need a furnished 1-bedroom/1-bathroom cottage with acreage to park our 26-foot travel trailer or RV motor home. We're in the process of trying to trade or sell our RARE diesel older RV motor home. We don't know which item we will need to park, but it will definitely be either. We prefer no carpet because it's healthier, water filtration system on entire house so that we can safely and comfortably drink healthy clean water, a washer/dryer for our own exclusive use, and we prefer to live within 10 miles of Whole Foods Market. Please be flexible in move-in terms. Prefer short-term or month-to-month. We can pay up to $550 per month. We will consider being property caretakers if we can work out reasonable flexible terms with the property owner. My husband and I have various skills and talents and if possible, we'd like to offset part of the rent. We are both very organic minded and health aware. We are vegetarian animal lovers and we are very good with dogs and cats. We care for and love our cats as our babies and we would give the same love and care to someone else's furry babies. We are very kind, sweet, caring, loving people.

2. OUR SECOND CHOICE ALTERNATIVE: If we are not able to find suitable housing to match our needs within our price range, we will consider a like-minded female roommate. We are a quiet, non-smoking, vegetarian couple with 2 cats and we seek a like-minded kind, caring, respectful, non-smoking, quiet, fragrance-free, organic, vegetarian roommate to share a 2-bedroom/2-bathroom house. Our short-term goal is to relocate further North in the Continental USA within 6 months so if our situation is mutually agreeable, if you'd like, you can continue renting the house and look for another roommate when we move. We can pay up to $550 per month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 07:57 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,930,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthwriter View Post
1. OUR FIRST PREFERENCE: We need a place to live. We are a non-smoking, quiet couple with 2 wonderful, sweet, adorable cats. Both cats are neutered/spayed. We love them! They are our babies and our best friends! We need a furnished 1-bedroom/1-bathroom cottage with acreage to park our 26-foot travel trailer or RV motor home. We're in the process of trying to trade or sell our RARE diesel older RV motor home. We don't know which item we will need to park, but it will definitely be either. We prefer no carpet because it's healthier, water filtration system on entire house so that we can safely and comfortably drink healthy clean water, a washer/dryer for our own exclusive use, and we prefer to live within 10 miles of Whole Foods Market. Please be flexible in move-in terms. Prefer short-term or month-to-month. We can pay up to $550 per month. We will consider being property caretakers if we can work out reasonable flexible terms with the property owner. My husband and I have various skills and talents and if possible, we'd like to offset part of the rent. We are both very organic minded and health aware. We are vegetarian animal lovers and we are very good with dogs and cats. We care for and love our cats as our babies and we would give the same love and care to someone else's furry babies. We are very kind, sweet, caring, loving people.

2. OUR SECOND CHOICE ALTERNATIVE: If we are not able to find suitable housing to match our needs within our price range, we will consider a like-minded female roommate. We are a quiet, non-smoking, vegetarian couple with 2 cats and we seek a like-minded kind, caring, respectful, non-smoking, quiet, fragrance-free, organic, vegetarian roommate to share a 2-bedroom/2-bathroom house. Our short-term goal is to relocate further North in the Continental USA within 6 months so if our situation is mutually agreeable, if you'd like, you can continue renting the house and look for another roommate when we move. We can pay up to $550 per month.
Sounds like you would fit in with my oldest daughter perfect! You sound very similar to her

Well, I think you'd fit in well in downtown Sarasota but I doubt you'd be able to find rent that cheap anywhere in Sarasota. You might be able to find something in North Port but I'm not sure if you'd like it here.

What about couch surfing until you can snag a place? You might also want to check Craigslist or possibly the newspapers. At least it's summer right now so the rents are down. You would probably also be required to give a pet deposit for the cats and many places don't allow RV's-just trying to play devils advocate.

What are you gonna do for a job cause the job situation is not that great right now?

Old 06-19-2009, 10:53 AM

Hmm, your daughter sounds like she might be of the artists in the community, is she looking for room mates? Well, we have been looking at Craigslist, as for jobs we work online most of the time so that's not an issue. We doubt couch surfing will work with our 2 cats. We just found a listing on Craigslist that sounds too low in N. Sarasota, here it is it's a guest house 1 bedroom 1 bath with small kitchen washer & dryer $385. assuming that is monthly. How can it be so low? Thanks

Old 06-19-2009, 10:58 AM

17,537 posts, read 39,154,399 times
Quote:
Hmm, your daughter sounds like she's one of the artists in the community well, we have been looking at Craigslist, as for jobs we work online most of the time so that's not an issue. We doubt couch surfing will work with our 2 cats. We just found a listing on Craigslist that sounds too low in N. Sarasota, here it is it's a guest house 1 bedroom 1 bath with small kitchen washer & dryer $385. assuming that is monthly. How can it be so low? Thanks
Where is it in North Sarasota? There are good and bad neighborhoods up here, but a guest house might be in a great area like Indian beach, museum or where I am in Whitfield. If you post an address or at least a street we might be able to give our opinion.

You could maybe check with the 3 colleges (all located in North Sarasota, also) about house sharing or rentals since there may be more ads posted because of the students.

Good luck - we love (and have) several kitties too, but our small house is filled to capacity!

ETA: I checked Craigslist, the address is a questionable area, I would spend a little more and find a better location - it seems a lot of places accept kitties. There is one listed in Whitfield (where I live) in a beautiful historic building - it's a great area, one BR and only $495. You can't go wrong with that one. Whitfield is only a few minutes to downtown (Whole Foods, etc.) and about 4 or 5 miles. It is also just a few blocks to the Bay, and a beautiful, beautiful neighborhood, we love it. It would definitely be worth it for you to check it out. The # listed is (941) 355-8599 AFTER 11:00 a. m. daily.

Last edited by gypsychic; 06-19-2009 at 11:07 AM..

Old 06-19-2009, 01:48 PM

Thank you for your warm kind helpful reply. We appreciate it very much. We understand and we're trying to keep an open mind. Things are challenging and we're doing the best we can. Yes, we're glad that there are a lot of kittycat lovers out there, thank goodness for that! :-) Our kitties are our cherished babies! We're wondering, what is ETA? We're familiar with most Internet jargon and initials, but not that one, hehehe. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:40 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
We can pay up to $550 per month.
You sound like great people. I had been feeding feral cats for almost a year and, although I found a couple of people who promised to feed them when I moved, I still break down crying, so I understand why you don't want to desert your babies. (and I'm a dog person!) I wish I could tell you I'm a vegan, but I'm not. I try.

Anyway, in my opinion, $550 sounds way too low for the Sarasota area. Your post indicates that you are willing to share, so you might want to explore that avenue. Have you thought about contacting a vegan group for ideas? For example, Sarasota has [URL]http://vegetarian.meetup.com/86/[/URL] and [URL]http://www.vegsarasota.com/[/URL] I don't know if this will help, but it's a thought.

SoFLGal mentioned [URL]http://www.couchsurfing.org/[/URL] which is an excellent idea.

Last edited by justNancy; 06-19-2009 at 07:35 PM..

Old 06-19-2009, 08:02 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,930,209 times
Quote:
Hmm, your daughter sounds like she might be of the artists in the community, is she looking for room mates? Well, we have been looking at Craigslist, as for jobs we work online most of the time so that's not an issue. We doubt couch surfing will work with our 2 cats. We just found a listing on Craigslist that sounds too low in N. Sarasota, here it is it's a guest house 1 bedroom 1 bath with small kitchen washer & dryer $385. assuming that is monthly. How can it be so low? Thanks
Unfortunately, my oldest daughter is only 16 but you pegged her right on with the artist comment. In fact she's heading up to Maryland Institute College of Art for a month for their precollege program. Too bad she's not a few years older, you sound like you would be ideal roommates.

Funny thing is we were just talking a few days ago about when she gets ready to move out and she was concerned about the lack of roommates that would be suitable for her since she's a strict vegetarian, artsy, animal lover type.

Wish I could come up with some more answers for you. I really think Sarasota would be perfect for you. Have you tried looking in the Sarasota Herald Tribune newspaper?

Old 06-22-2009, 08:42 PM

Sorry we haven't replied in a few days. We're enduring an unbearable uncomfortable scorcher heat wave and we're feeling very drained and zapped! We're enduring a great deal of stress and we're feeling very overwhelmed. Thank you for the sweet warm supportive helpful replies and suggestions. Hopefully, we can think a little better soon and we can write a better reply. Thank you.

Peace and Many Blessings

Old 06-23-2009, 08:09 AM

51 posts, read 222,884 times
eta = edited to add
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area