Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2010, 06:57 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,932,808 times

Advertisements

Oh my gosh!! Are your parents okay now??!! So sorry to hear of your predicament(s)!!! Wish we were going to be seeing y'all soon, we were planning on Easter weekend, then our daughter found out we were traveling, and insisted we come see her instead. (imagine that!!!) So we're off to New York City for Easter! Our next possibilities are Fourth of July week or Labor Day week. That will be our 30th wedding anniversary!!!
Miss y'all!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 01:01 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,467,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcoolmrcool28 View Post
Oh my gosh!! Are your parents okay now??!! So sorry to hear of your predicament(s)!!! Wish we were going to be seeing y'all soon, we were planning on Easter weekend, then our daughter found out we were traveling, and insisted we come see her instead. (imagine that!!!) So we're off to New York City for Easter! Our next possibilities are Fourth of July week or Labor Day week. That will be our 30th wedding anniversary!!!
Miss y'all!!!!
30th wedding anniversary? Congratulations! Holy cow, you guys are wicked old! I'm sorry we won't see you both around Easter, but completely understand the need to go to NYC to see your DD! I'm going home to hang out with both of my kiddos from June - Sept. After all, who wouldn't want to spend summers off the coast of Maine? Tis' the best of both worlds you know!

The folks are getting better, thanks for asking! After a couple rounds of antibiotics that didn't seem to be doing the trick, I finally realized last week to look around their house and found they have a pretty serious mold issue. This was preventing them from getting any better, they'd been inhaling all of that toxic mold stuff. Let me just tell ya, the symptoms of that were pretty nasty. They've been renting the same house here for 8 yrs now but have never had this problem before. I've moved them out and into another place but it's only temporary, try finding a short term (2.5 month) seasonal rental here during the height of the season, it's not an easy task! We did find a few yesterday and hope to narrow it down to a final decision with the next day or so. Can't wait for them to be feeling back to their normal selves again. Even though 76 & 80 sounds ancient to most of us, my folks are normally very active. My Dad (a lobsterman in Maine all summer), still lifts weights each morning and walks 4 miles a day and Mom isn't usually too far behind him! I can only hope that at their age I'm still as active as they are!

Old 02-09-2010, 08:27 AM

531 posts, read 1,162,658 times
Oh, wow, I'm so glad I stumbled upon this thread! I never knew there WERE "meet ups!" That's so great, and Jim and I look forward to the day when we can "meet up" with all of you wonderful people! :-)

Old 02-09-2010, 10:35 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,095,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by island mermaid View Post
OMG! I haven't stopped in here in so long, so nice to see I've been missed and Thank You BH for the very nice compliment! I didn't freeze although I was close to hibernation! Truth be told I would much rather have been sharing a cold one with all of you wonderful people than what I've actually been doing! My parents finally arrived here on Manasota Key from Maine, in really bad health. They stayed here w/ me for 11 days while I tried to nurse them both to back to good health. We still aren't there yet, but they're in their own place now and we're working on it! Then my MIL arrived from Maine for 6 days, in good health. We had a nice visit, then I shipped her home this last Saturday and tomorrow both of my sisters arrive from Maine. PHEW! Wait, I'm not done! On Friday night my house will be full of approx 32 Mainer friends and family members because we're throwing a surprise birthday party for my folks! Dad is turning 80 and Mom will be 76 this week. Everyone leaves on the 14th and then I'll finally be free for fun flirtations and libations with everyone! BH, I'll DM you my phone number.... feel free to call me day or night and we'll each pretend we've called one of those 1-900 numbers!
Ha, and you thought you could embarrass me? Bwahahahaha!

So what is your husband gonna think when he finds out we were up all night the last two nights chatting on the phone! I know, per our conversation, he cant talk that long with you - he no longer has the stamina he had as a young man. Just kidding! I know I can't embarrrass you and would never think of doing such a thing.

Old 02-10-2010, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
So what is your husband gonna think when he finds out we were up all night the last two nights chatting on the phone! I know, per our conversation, he cant talk that long with you - he no longer has the stamina he had as a young man. Just kidding! I know I can't embarrrass you and would never think of doing such a thing.

Oh wait..... I didn't realize we were going to tell our spouses! Dammit!

* takes offer off the table and storms off, sulking!*

Old 02-20-2010, 05:49 AM

Default Surprise meet up!

Good Morning Suncoast friends,

Please try to imagine my delight as I was sitting at The Lock N Key last night with friends, enjoying happy hour when this wonderfully handsome man and his beautiful wife joined me at the bar! Big House was standing there with the biggest grin on his face so happy to have surprised me. It was so nice to see them again, and the fact that they drove 30 minutes up from Punta Gorda to hang out was a wonderful surprise! It truly made my night! Good friends are the only kind to have, and you can't go wrong with special friends like these two people.

Thanks for the fun Jon & Fran, you guys are the best!

Old 02-20-2010, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by island mermaid View Post
Good Morning Suncoast friends,

Please try to imagine my delight as I was sitting at The Lock N Key last night with friends, enjoying happy hour when this wonderfully handsome man and his beautiful wife joined me at the bar! Big House was standing there with the biggest grin on his face so happy to have surprised me. It was so nice to see them again, and the fact that they drove 30 minutes up from Punta Gorda to hang out was a wonderful surprise! It truly made my night! Good friends are the only kind to have, and you can't go wrong with special friends like these two people.

Thanks for the fun Jon & Fran, you guys are the best!
Gee, that was a really really nice thing to say! How can I top that?!?!
We had a wonderful time, and our dinner there was terrific too. I was really hoping to surprise you, and planned to call if I didn't spot you when we arrived. I though (my tiny self) sneaking up behind you to say 'hi' would be a pleasant greeting, but the huge smile and hug you greeted us with was an awesome return, I was truely taken back. These meet-ups have been very rewarding, and I am equally surprised to come away with such a truely great friend like you. I cant wait for the weather to warm up so we can schedule one with some of our other CD fans.

Oh, by the way, they didn't have the awesome Osso Buco that everyone in the area has raved about, but the macadamia encrusted tuna with the lime / wine burre blanc sause was outstanding!

Old 02-21-2010, 08:10 AM

363 posts, read 1,361,234 times
I love the Lock & Key!

Old 02-21-2010, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2peaches2oranges View Post
I love the Lock & Key!
2peaches2oranges - where have you been! I haven't seen you in a while!

Old 02-25-2010, 05:06 PM

1,938 posts, read 6,264,665 times
DAMMMITTTTTT I missed it again! Im starting to feel invisible here : ( It's okay, Im probably the youngest one anyway and Id be bored listening to everyone ramble on about the latest Murder She Wrote episode, either that or Matlock, what's the favorite.. ; )

Siiiiggggghhhh maybe someone in Bradenton or Sarasota will come along and and we can vote on a location closer to this part of town. Im just teasing y'all (note: southern drawl ) I love you all and can't wait to eventually meet you all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area