Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2010, 03:55 PM

1,580 posts, read 3,141,329 times

Advertisements

isnt it getting to be get together time again? while it was fun, maybe we can get a larger turnout?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 06:01 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,930,287 times
Well, we've booked our next trip down. We are flying into Ft. Meyers Monday July 5, we get in late afternoon, and fly out at noon on Friday July 9. Now we can shut up all those people that tell us we won't like Florida full time because it's too hot in the summer!!
Big House will be up in Maryland, so...who's going to plan the CD meet up for that week????
Shannon?????

Old 05-11-2010, 06:57 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,914,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcoolmrcool28 View Post
Well, we've booked our next trip down. We are flying into Ft. Meyers Monday July 5, we get in late afternoon, and fly out at noon on Friday July 9. Now we can shut up all those people that tell us we won't like Florida full time because it's too hot in the summer!!
Big House will be up in Maryland, so...who's going to plan the CD meet up for that week????
Shannon?????
I'm sure I'll be around. I'm pretty much always here

Old 05-11-2010, 07:29 PM

473 posts, read 1,167,630 times
Quote:
Shannon?????

Ha! We must know the same people! We are going down during Labor Day from Sept. 3rd through 7th to shut those very same people up
You know them well I take it. The one guy who says ahh if you don't go in summer you wont have any clue what its like etc etc. I know one who says you wont be able to breathe. To those people I say I lived through 4 years of Atlanta summers and have been in Florida in the summer before so I think that qualifies me enough to say pfffffftttt.
Moronic people stand in lines at Disney even at the peak of summer and somehow (not sure how though ) they come out alive!!!
We are going to be focusing on Estero during the Labor Day trip to either consider it as a place to live it or toss it aside along with the Tampa area that we have now ruled out. I could go the other way for a meet up though one night I'm sure. We are then looking at doing a week over Thanksgiving or going down the next week and that will be to start really getting serious about our relocation. And right now all signs continue to point to Sarasota. Enjoy the summer Cools. If it comes this year!
See ya
Willy

Old 05-11-2010, 08:44 PM

Well, it sure seems so far like we'll have no summer. The high today was 45. And the wind chill is 38. Yes, the weather people are talking wind chill, in May. So we figured we'd come down to Florida where we SHOULD be able to boat Fourth of July week. Can't guarantee that up here that's for sure.
Bummed you won't be down, I take it from your post you won't be down until Labor Day? We're going to Vegas for Labor Day. The Badgers play UNLV Saturday the 4th, and our wedding anniversary is the 6th.

Old 05-11-2010, 09:12 PM

473 posts, read 1,167,630 times
Quote:
Well, it sure seems so far like we'll have no summer. The high today was 45. And the wind chill is 38. Yes, the weather people are talking wind chill, in May. So we figured we'd come down to Florida where we SHOULD be able to boat Fourth of July week. Can't guarantee that up here that's for sure.
Bummed you won't be down, I take it from your post you won't be down until Labor Day? We're going to Vegas for Labor Day. The Badgers play UNLV Saturday the 4th, and our wedding anniversary is the 6th.
Well happy happy to you and the mrs. on the 6th and it sounds like a blast road trip to me! Don't start any fights. remember you're on their turf and they gotta be 30 years younger and 60,000 or so stronger

Yes we will be down there Labor day and looking forward to what may be the only real time in summer when we can sit outside and you know, eat, swim and do summertime things. If we get another summer like last year I would expect there will be some other people around here looking to move to Florida right along with us. We managed to eat dinner outside a total of five times last year and I don't think you guys fared much better
But speaking of the weather, what are you going on about with wind chill and 38 degrees and blah blah blah.
Let me ask you something just for perspective.
When you woke up last Sunday on Mothers day, did you see snow flying like we did? God i've had it up north. I'm guessing if you were up real early you would have seen what was here at 9 am. Snow flurries. You probably sent it our way. You or those damn Canadians!
How freaking ridiculous it is to live up here just due to the weather alone!!

Cheers,
Our fireplace is on!

Old 05-13-2010, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerme1 View Post
Well happy happy to you and the mrs. on the 6th and it sounds like a blast road trip to me! Don't start any fights. remember you're on their turf and they gotta be 30 years younger and 60,000 or so stronger

Yes we will be down there Labor day and looking forward to what may be the only real time in summer when we can sit outside and you know, eat, swim and do summertime things. If we get another summer like last year I would expect there will be some other people around here looking to move to Florida right along with us. We managed to eat dinner outside a total of five times last year and I don't think you guys fared much better
But speaking of the weather, what are you going on about with wind chill and 38 degrees and blah blah blah.
Let me ask you something just for perspective.
When you woke up last Sunday on Mothers day, did you see snow flying like we did? God i've had it up north. I'm guessing if you were up real early you would have seen what was here at 9 am. Snow flurries. You probably sent it our way. You or those damn Canadians!
How freaking ridiculous it is to live up here just due to the weather alone!!

Cheers,
Our fireplace is on!
Wow that does suck. Mother's Day was the only decent day we DID have. It was at least mostly sunny, we could at least be on the deck, even though we had coats on, it was chilly when a cloud came by. We started a fire in the chiminia by 5 or so. It's really sucked since then. 40's, rain on and off....REALLY sick of it. We finally have a prediction of 70's by the weekend. It's about time!! We got the boat out of storage WEEKS ago and it's STILL sitting in the driveway.
I'm bummed we won't get to meet up. I hope others down then can get together with us. We've got SoFlGal so far, and Harbor Hopper, where's Island Girl?? How about the Sunshines?? Anyone??? All I hear is crickets chirping...

Old 05-19-2010, 08:15 AM

3,179 posts, read 5,999,012 times
Problem is Cools, you won't be here over a weekend. Don't know if very many people will come to a meet-up during the week. You know what, heck with it. Lets do it anyway! I have that week off work!!! How about Wed night July 7th @ either Harpoon Harrys or Laishley Crab House in Punta Gorda? Both are on the water (although the food is better at the Crab House). Or we can do the Village Fish Market in Fisherman's Village (outdoors next to the amphitheatre)

Old 05-21-2010, 09:16 AM

I know, but flights are ridiculous if you include the weekend. But it's Fourth of July week! Surely we can't be the only ones with the week off!!

Old 06-23-2010, 08:25 AM

12 more days!! (Not that I'm counting down or anything....) Who's up for Wednesday night the 7th?? Laishley Crab House anyone? I agree with Harbor Hopper about the food at Harpoon Harrys. LOVE the place, but more so for the view, clientele, and music than the food. Although we ate upstairs last time we were down and it was FANTASTIC!!
mrs.cool
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area