Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 07:08 AM

4,896 posts, read 14,149,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfwaymore View Post
Most folks in SWF arent "natives"....

Always thought it interesting to hear the stories of what brings people to this area or that and where they were from originally.

Anyone care to share their story?
My xhusband's profession, Eighteen years ago. I had never heard of Bradenton in my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 07:25 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,933,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picshooter View Post
Yea, gag me too We actually still have the love letters we wrote almost daily after she moved.
Parents of 3 by the time she was 25. Nothing seemed to come easy, we made our own luck.
I say we raised each other. She really is my best friend.
mr.cool would have to admit too that he still has my love letters in his drawer. We've been married over 29 years. I had a big crush on him when I was 13 and he was 16. We're best friends still.

Old 12-15-2009, 08:56 AM

Actually, to give you a better idea of my Bradenton/Sarasota experience, the month we moved to Perico Island (Bristol Bay back then, 1991), Pee Wee Herman got arrested in the adult theater down on the Trail in SRQ, I found a huge roach in my hamster's cage that just sort of "dropped" in from the ceiling in the middle of the night, our Trans Am & Iroc's car alarms went off (yes, we're still in the month of August 1991) in the middle of the night; police were called & they explained that it was most likely a "gang initiation" thing...prior to the fall, most of the stolen vehicles are attributed to initiantion rites of car theft, where, if successful, they take the vehicles out east and race/crash them...lucky we not only had alarms but clubs.

Eighteen years later, a subdivision on 53rd Ave., by the Manatee County Golf Course that used to be a cow pasture is now way overcrowed & they're finally trying to build west to the intracoastal off the 75th/53rd intersection. It still smells over by the county golf course, cows or no cows; human waste is way worse....Bolletari's in west Bradenton has morphed into IMG, Denny's on Manatee is gone as is the two locations of Baskin Robbins. They've been unsuccessful in solving either the location of where Sabine (from Haley's Motel/AMI) went nor the OD on the emplty beach rental, but have topped it off with a hanging last weekend on the island....imagine that?

My best advice to anyone moving here is: BUY THE LIGHTENING INSURANCE!

Old 12-15-2009, 09:20 AM

3,549 posts, read 6,669,850 times
1990: It snowed on Christmas Eve and we realized that since I was out of school, and just married, that we no longer had to stay in Oklahoma! I celebrated New Years Eve on Johns Pass in Madeira Beach.

Old 12-15-2009, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Workz View Post
1990: It snowed on Christmas Eve and we realized that since I was out of school, and just married, that we no longer had to stay in Oklahoma! I celebrated New Years Eve on Johns Pass in Madeira Beach.
I remember that because we were in Deerfield having a wedding celebration with my xhusband's grandparents....

Old 12-15-2009, 03:03 PM

150 posts, read 475,335 times
I'm originally from the west (Utah). I moved down here not just to attend school, but also to soak everything in and start the second chapter of my life. The more I'm here, the more I like it.

I've yet to visit the rest of Florida. The only part I know so far is the bay area and most of the I-75 corridor. I've yet to visit the panhandle, the keys, and southeast Florida. There is still much out there for me to see, hear, and do.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:03 PM

3,464 posts, read 1,898,462 times
mom in '85,
i was 13 at the time
didnt no any better
know me and my wife n kids are looking at moving to north georgia.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area