Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 02:40 PM

8 posts, read 34,043 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any information on Isle of Hope, Georgia. I have used the internet guides and searches but I still have no overall picture of the city and its lifestyle. Any help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2006, 04:30 PM

55 posts, read 172,838 times
Never heard of it where is it located on the ga coast ?

Old 09-24-2006, 08:10 PM

726 posts, read 3,603,836 times
Isle of Hope is a neighborhood In Chatham County East of Savannah

Isle of Hope
first plantation land belonging to early Savannah colonists
later turned into a nineteenth-century summer resort village on Skidaway and Herb Rivers
15-minute drive from downtown
think white picket fences, classic cottages and adjoining lanes with river views
home prices generally run from $225,000 to $1.5 million
Easy access to Georgia Tech Savannah, Armstrong Atlantic University, Savannah Technical College, and South University

Old 09-25-2006, 02:56 PM

8 posts, read 34,043 times
Default Isle of Hope, Ga.

Thanks for replies that narrowed down exactly what I was seeking. Websites do not offer alot of practical data, most are just advertising for real estate companies. Thanks again.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:59 AM

2 posts, read 8,610 times
I want to move to a small town with little crime! As a single mom, I am tired of getting ripped off by these teenagers in south metro atlanta where I live now. You cannot trust anyone....

Do I have to move out of Georgia to find a communty that is trustworthy?

Single mom in need of good place to raise my chldren!

Old 11-12-2007, 11:10 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,186,782 times
The Isle of Hope is NOT a small town. It is a very small residental community on the Intercoastal Waterway. It's in the unincorporated area of Chatham County. The Marina is the only commercial spot in the area. No restaurants or stores. You have to drive across the causeways over the marsh to shop for anything.

Old 11-12-2007, 11:16 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,186,782 times
check out this site for an overview of population, education, income, etc.
Isle of Hope, Georgia (GA) Detailed Profile - relocation, real estate, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, news

Old 11-20-2007, 08:02 AM

67 posts, read 377,079 times
If you are looking for quite, safe, a lot of variety, calm, pretty and well established, Isle of Hope is real hard to beat.

While it is technically an island, there are two roads that access it and traffic is not really a problem. The two causeways are maybe 200-400 yards long with permanent bridges (not drawbridges). Unless you are looking, you'll never notice.

There are full services that begin just off the island (maybe 2-10 minutes depending on where you live on Isle of Hope).

Old 01-06-2008, 08:36 AM

17 posts, read 92,727 times
Isle of Hope is a beautiful area of Savannah. You will love it once you visit. Don't hang out on the internet looking at pictures. Pack your bags and go visit. It is perfect living on the coast. I am a Savannah native. I have moved several times around the southeast. Currently, I am in St. Marys, Ga.

Old 01-26-2008, 12:01 PM

23 posts, read 96,871 times
We were in Savannah this past week shopping for a home! We really liked Isle of Hope and are considering making an offer on a home we found there. I would love to hear more about the neighborhood in terms of children and family. I saw the pool, are there organized activities for kids there? Other neighborhood activities? It seems like a great place to raise children, but I would love to hear from those of you that know more about the area! Also, where is the nearest Publix from the island?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area