Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 07:23 AM

8 posts, read 23,679 times

Advertisements

I like Aldi's and their rent a cart. It helps to keep their cost down since lazy people refuse to put their carts back in the corral. Most people well put their cart up so they don't loose their quarter. I personally think ask stores should do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
That is indeed a really juicy scoop! I am not familiar with Lidl, but I've been to Aldi. I think it is interesting that the Aldi's/Lidl stores seem to build right next to popular upscale stores.

So, I just looked up Lidl and they look a lot like the new Lucky's store. I hope they don't have that annoying quarter-to-unlock-the grocery cart-thing like Aldi's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2016, 08:24 AM

50,344 posts, read 63,918,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shug1986 View Post
I like Aldi's and their rent a cart. It helps to keep their cost down since lazy people refuse to put their carts back in the corral. Most people well put their cart up so they don't loose their quarter. I personally think ask stores should do this.
The first time I went to an Aldis store, I was walking from the parking lot and passed a kid pushing his empty cart towards the store. "I'll take that", I said, thinking I was doing him a favor, and took his cart. I didn't get why he had a funny look on his face until I was finished shopping and figured out the cart procedure.

Old 12-22-2016, 02:47 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,115,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
The first time I went to an Aldis store, I was walking from the parking lot and passed a kid pushing his empty cart towards the store. "I'll take that", I said, thinking I was doing him a favor, and took his cart. I didn't get why he had a funny look on his face until I was finished shopping and figured out the cart procedure.
Does that mean you stole the 25 cents from the kid?

I don't understand why so many Americans still seem to have a problem with this cart deposit system. I'm not sure when it was introduced in Germany. I think it was 30-35 years ago. I can't remember whether people had a problem with the system when it was introduced. But I can remember as a kid that the grocery store where my mum normally shoped had wobbly shopping carts. Maybe the quality of the shopping carts 35 years ago were inferior or they were damaged because they were scattered all over the parking lot. I'm quite convinced that the introduction of the cart deposit system has improved the condition of the shopping carts. No more shopping carts where a wheel doesn't have contact to the ground. I also can remember that my mum has to cruise around those scattered carts.
It also sounds absurd to me that a store employee has to collect the carts all over the parking lot. It's just an unproductive occupation.

Old 12-22-2016, 03:15 PM

Ok, I'm fine with the Aldis method, and it is a way of dealing with the type of people who have no moral compass. I go to a Publix. Either a person offers to help me, and returns the cart to the store, or the customers have enough couth to place the empty carts in the appropriate place.
If you lay down with dogs, don't be surprised if you get fleas. I don't need some Germans telling me how to behave.
I went there a few times in Ohio, and I'll go there a few times where I live now. It will remain to be seen if I become a regular shopper.

Last edited by gentlearts; 12-22-2016 at 03:29 PM..

Old 12-22-2016, 11:27 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,911,741 times
They have great adverts ... er I mean COMMERCIALS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jjt35pDXF8c&sns=em

Old 12-23-2016, 06:18 PM

808 posts, read 1,014,950 times
I hear that Statesboro is getting one also.

Old 09-20-2017, 10:21 AM

474 posts, read 587,519 times
What is the status of the Lidl and Aldi in Pooler? Anyone know? I haven't seen dirt turn yet.

Old 09-20-2017, 04:29 PM

450 posts, read 461,588 times
No dirt turned yet, I read an article about Lidl being behind schedule on their headquarters and warehouse facilities so that could be it. Haven't seen anything about Aldi's.

Old 09-20-2017, 05:42 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,911,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Survivor View Post
No dirt turned yet, I read an article about Lidl being behind schedule on their headquarters and warehouse facilities so that could be it. Haven't seen anything about Aldi's.
As far as I know, Lidl hasn't opened any stores in Metro Atlanta yet though they've got tons of them approved and waiting construction

Old 09-21-2017, 05:32 AM

I haven't seen any evidence of either yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area