Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 12:55 AM

13,704 posts, read 21,992,142 times

Advertisements

HERE IS A LITTLE MORE DETAIL ABOUT THIS INCIDENT TAHT YOU HAVE NOT HEARD ON THE LOCAL NEWS:

-- The 20 yo killed in the crash is the adopted son of the family that owns Sweet Potatoes on Waters Avenue. The car involved in the crash belonged to his mother. He stole her keys, took the car and left the house without his parent's knowledge. He has had behavior problems for years and has been expelled from several local schools, including Bethesda. His family is devestated.

-- The 17 yo driver of the car who survived the crash and has been charged with 3 counts of felony murder was not the trigger man.

-- The 17 yo who did the shooting (from the passenger side of the car) was killed in the crash, though this info has been withheld from the media pending investigation. He comes from a respected 2-parent household. His mother works for the local school system and his dad is a professional. They too are devastated.

-- The families of all three of these suspects (the one who survived and is charged, and the two who died) have been slammed with hate speech and threats via social media and phone. The mother of the suspect charged is reportedly under medical observation and police protection due to her own state if mind and safety.

I got all this info from multiple reliable sources, including people who know the families affected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2017, 02:56 AM

643 posts, read 848,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
HERE IS A LITTLE MORE DETAIL ABOUT THIS INCIDENT TAHT YOU HAVE NOT HEARD ON THE LOCAL NEWS:

-- The 20 yo killed in the crash is the adopted son of the family that owns Sweet Potatoes on Waters Avenue. The car involved in the crash belonged to his mother. He stole her keys, took the car and left the house without his parent's knowledge. He has had behavior problems for years and has been expelled from several local schools, including Bethesda. His family is devestated.

-- The 17 yo driver of the car who survived the crash and has been charged with 3 counts of felony murder was not the trigger man.

-- The 17 yo who did the shooting (from the passenger side of the car) was killed in the crash, though this info has been withheld from the media pending investigation. He comes from a respected 2-parent household. His mother works for the local school system and his dad is a professional. They too are devastated.

-- The families of all three of these suspects (the one who survived and is charged, and the two who died) have been slammed with hate speech and threats via social media and phone. The mother of the suspect charged is reportedly under medical observation and police protection due to her own state if mind and safety.

I got all this info from multiple reliable sources, including people who know the families affected.
Hope the mob wasn't incited from Stone Stairs of Death Facebook guy.

Old 07-08-2017, 05:44 AM

"Wednesday’s violence showed the worst of Savannah, but the support of the community showed the city’s best."

‘He loved everyone’: Family, friends remember Scott Waldrup in Savannah celebration of life | SavannahNow

Media in Raleigh have covered this big time. TV crews were down here yesterday to report on the memorial service.

Mother 'proud' of Enloe grad who lost life saving others from Georgia crash :: WRAL.com

Old 07-08-2017, 08:56 AM

50,454 posts, read 64,308,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Sounds a little different than your earlier assertion:

"The black community needs to help get rid of the gangs. They know who the dangerous people are, but they protect them."

As if there is some community-wide effort to protect the perps. Please. That is why PC was calling you out.
Choose your words carefully.
I wouldn't know, since he's on "ignore".

Old 07-08-2017, 09:08 AM

7,125 posts, read 11,731,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I wouldn't know, since he's on "ignore".
Oh my, how did I get so lucky? Think I will go out and by a lottery ticket. Whooooeeeee!

Old 07-08-2017, 11:13 AM

9,815 posts, read 7,982,079 times
Quote:
I looked and didn't see anything. Asked family and they'd not seen anything.

Savannah shootings lead to car chase and crash that kills 3 | WSB-TV

Old 07-08-2017, 11:30 AM

With all the horrible crap that happens on a daily basis in Metro Atlanta, this is pretty minor news

Old 07-08-2017, 01:40 PM

2,508 posts, read 1,858,233 times
Quote:

Ah, the dangers of the modern social media world. One of the main reasons I've stayed off of it.

Old 07-08-2017, 10:15 PM

9,815 posts, read 7,982,079 times
Quote:
With all the horrible crap that happens on a daily basis in Metro Atlanta, this is pretty minor news
What the hell??? Why the hostility?

You claimed it didn't make the news here, I provided proof that it did indeed. I saw the story with my own eyes, and was horrified.

Maybe you've been away too long if you think this would be 'pretty minor news' up here.

Old 07-09-2017, 04:56 AM

7,125 posts, read 11,731,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
What the hell??? Why the hostility?

You claimed it didn't make the news here, I provided proof that it did indeed. I saw the story with my own eyes, and was horrified.

Maybe you've been away too long if you think this would be 'pretty minor news' up here.
I think I know where this got misunderstood. The day you posted your link the news was three days old. I remember that bc I was going to post something funny about that fact but then thought it was inappropriate.
My feeling is NB was commenting to the fact it wouldn't make the headlines in Atalanta like it made the SMN.

That's all it is...relax and have a great day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area