Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 11:47 AM

1,987 posts, read 2,118,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Folks, Savannah-Chatham County will not see consolditaton. Rather, all portions of currently unincorporated Chatham County will eventually become annexed by existing cities or incorporated into new cities, as has happened to the entirety of Fulton and is about to happen in Dekalb.
No one on this thread actually disputes that. I'm just surprised you've been indifferent about Wilmington-Oatland-Whitemarsh incorporation. It affects you directly, and you're known to have strong opinions about everything (plus their grandmother) in Chatham County. Following the example of Sandy Springs, affluent Skidaway Is. and Wilmington Is. will likely incorporate for the same reason: most residents feel alienated from the city for reasons of class, race, lifestyle, and political identification. Once the Chatham islands incorporate, there would be ZERO economic viability for the rest of unincorporated Chatham. It will most likely merge with Savannah. I say that because Garden City is declining in population and few people, including Southbridge, want to be part of GC. I suppose Pooler could try to "jump annex" Southbridge or even Georgetown (the Republican governor and statehouse might authorize it for political reasons). Either way, there'll be a final merger of the remaining southside and southwest. Most likely this will be with Savannah, and it's far easier to achieve now without the hysterical Chicken Littles on the islands. Those folks at the recent community meetings were a hoot.

Last edited by masonbauknight; 12-30-2017 at 12:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2017, 06:33 PM

450 posts, read 463,965 times
Pooler actually borders Southbridge already along I16 and I95. They also already are on Little Neck Road. While Georgetown would be a huge stretch, Southbridge would be very easy. They already had an initial meeting about it with Pooler several years ago. Savannah has a lot of area around Georgetown already, it would be more likely for them to go to Savannah as well as all the way down 204 past 95. The new Nine Line Apparel building is in Savannah and it is a couple of miles past I 95.

Old 12-30-2017, 09:36 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,965,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Survivor View Post
Pooler actually borders Southbridge already along I16 and I95. They also already are on Little Neck Road. While Georgetown would be a huge stretch, Southbridge would be very easy. They already had an initial meeting about it with Pooler several years ago. Savannah has a lot of area around Georgetown already, it would be more likely for them to go to Savannah as well as all the way down 204 past 95. The new Nine Line Apparel building is in Savannah and it is a couple of miles past I 95.
New Hampstead is inside the Savannah City limits and that is all the way out to Bloomingdale Road and the Effingham County line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonbauknight View Post
No one on this thread actually disputes that. I'm just surprised you've been indifferent about Wilmington-Oatland-Whitemarsh incorporation. It affects you directly, and you're known to have strong opinions about everything (plus their grandmother) in Chatham County.
Why are you attacking me? Too cold in NYC for you right now?

Old 12-31-2017, 11:43 AM

Quote:

Why are you attacking me? Too cold in NYC for you right now?

What attack? -- although it is cold up here right now. Question: Why haven't you weighed in on a topic that affects you directly? Your neighbors, God bless 'em (mostly Savannah boosters just like you and me) just organized a dramatic community meeting to stoke the fires of incorporation. And who should have instigated it all but a fellow "Newsgirl" -- from the Morning News, a paper that always supported whole-hog Savannah-Chatham incorporation (and that just advised the dreamy islanders to cool down a bit before they proceed whole-hog toward cityhood). Lots of drama here, and it dates back a total of ... one week! Yep, you'd have to have an opinion, but you've been noticeably silent.

Old 12-31-2017, 01:33 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,965,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonbauknight View Post
What attack? -- although it is cold up here right now. Question: Why haven't you weighed in on a topic that affects you directly? Your neighbors, God bless 'em (mostly Savannah boosters just like you and me) just organized a dramatic community meeting to stoke the fires of incorporation. And who should have instigated it all but a fellow "Newsgirl" -- from the Morning News, a paper that always supported whole-hog Savannah-Chatham incorporation (and that just advised the dreamy islanders to cool down a bit before they proceed whole-hog toward cityhood). Lots of drama here, and it dates back a total of ... one week! Yep, you'd have to have an opinion, but you've been noticeably silent.
Well if you really must know ... I’ve been on a cruise to Mexico for the past week.

Old 12-31-2017, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Well if you really must know ... I’ve been on a cruise to Mexico for the past week.
I don't need to hear that when it's 13 degrees outside my window. To update you: The SavForum gang would like your take on the recent developments. It seems that just after you left on your cruise, your fellow islanders on Wilmington, Whitemarsh, Oatland and Talahi Islands launched a full rebellion against the evils of Savannah-Chatham consolidation. They say they'll face the unspeakable horror of the suburbs of Nashville, Augusta, Athens and Jacksonville if they don't incorporate. Let us know what you think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area