Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 01:58 PM

2,099 posts, read 2,280,206 times

Advertisements

Man shot on Hudson Street is Savannah

UPDATE: GBI investigating after man killed during officer-involved shooting on Marian Circle | SavannahNow

UPDATE: GBI investigating after man killed during officer-involved shooting on Marian Circle | SavannahNow
Savannah-Chatham police, Georgia State Patrol arrest two men for carjacking | SavannahNow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2018, 04:20 PM

another day in the State Streets Savannah 'hood.

UPDATE: Metro arrests man in Louisiana Avenue homicide | WSAV-TV

Old 01-30-2018, 04:41 AM

320 posts, read 394,237 times
its because of the high black population.. always is.. and the majority of those murders are black on black gang related.. drug related

Old 01-30-2018, 07:01 AM

crime is not because people are black. That's racist. Now most of the homicides both victims and criminals are black. To try and paper over that is a disservice to the victims most of all. Let's get the problem solved. Or at least try, and get started. Ignoring numbers won't help. Savannah is more violent than most other cities its size. It's a violent city. Cheerleaders will try to say oh it's only this neighborhood or that. Well, unacceptable. High crime numbers have many contributing factors. Most of it's family and community, which can't really be directed top-down but must build up organically. Not much to mention in terms of action items therefore. But I think the city as a government can also do more. I think the demerger will hurt the city. (it may help the county but overall I want both to succeed and be safe) I think the school system is mismanaged and youth need more activities and support. I think the decriminalization of marijuana is probably good to focus resources more on violent crime. Maybe if the city council focused more on crime and less on jacking up parking rates, building hotels and goofy initiatives like policing shopping carts... nope. The local politicians here are dumber than most anywhere else and that's not a high bar. Maybe time to swap 'em out and try again. No more studies. Time for stronger enforcement (focus on violent crime though) but also strong community-building.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:23 AM

No its not racist.. its reality. Blacks only make up 12-13% of the USA population yet they are responsible for 50% of murders nation wide... Statistically young black males are the most violent group of people living in the country.

and anywhere there is high % of black population the crime rate is ALWAYS high. It never fails. And many black peoples failure to acknowledge these facts and fix their violent community is one of their main problems.

Now I'm not saying ALL black people are bad violent people... but the crime statistics don't lie.. and this gives all black people a bad rep.

Last edited by k00p; 01-30-2018 at 08:34 AM..

Old 01-30-2018, 09:17 AM

4,120 posts, read 6,616,752 times
Hard to fight stats..

Old 01-31-2018, 02:54 PM

91 posts, read 78,940 times
Champion Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by k00p View Post
its because of the high black population.. always is.. and the majority of those murders are black on black gang related.. drug related

Old 02-02-2018, 04:26 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,715,849 times
^^^And his troll "stats" are on his personal page for all to read. Now I'm not saying he's a racist but like he parses, it's in the numbers.

I'm following a situation in the Dominican Republic that relates to numbers. There is a large pop. of people that have entered (illegally) the capital from Haiti. So, last week, ONE Haitiano was accused of child abuse of a Dominican. Front page news. TV. Protest. The works. "Bring him to the edge of town and lynch him" kind of stuff. One, some, few, many, they are all numbers that all too often are offered up without the whole story.

Old 02-03-2018, 06:48 AM

it's all going down hill. time to get out

Old 02-03-2018, 06:52 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,715,849 times
Koop
I'm not here to put my boxing gloves on or to engage in a discussion whether or not you are a racist. Nor am I here to agree with others that state you a troll. Honestly, my plans for the rest of the night are to say farewell to some of my friends before I return to the states and Savannah late tomorrow.

But, I must say after reading several treads you have here on the Savannah board and other posts on your online profile that you have a tendency to focus on blacks, black crime stats, black nabes, etc. etc. All negative to blacks.
Would you like to share with us...why you concentrate so much on this subject? Has there been an occurrence that has impacted you so much that makes the subject a common thread with just about all your postings?

If I am out of line with these questions, if they are too personal, I'll understand. If you want to discuss in another forum, that's ok too. Let me know. Just curious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area