Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 09:33 PM

6,479 posts, read 7,164,606 times

Advertisements

It looks like Savannah isn't the only city in the area getting in on the Canal District business. This project will definitely be a boost to Statesboro and should lead to an increase in mixed-use projects in the area.
Creek On The Blue Mile-Statesboro by brandon walker, on Flickr

Quote:
The project, known as “Creek on the Blue Mile,” will transform a drainage canal into a park and creek front development through a public / private partnership. The area will be developed for entertainment, shopping, living and recreation opportunities along the creek as it intersects with South Main Street, adjacent to Shug’s on Main and the Baymont Hotel.
The existing canal under South Main will be reconfigured into a 20-foot wide, 3-foot deep creek with broad pedestrian boulevards and multi-story commercial, residential and entertainment venues on each side. The creek will wind to the southern section of Fair Road Park where a small amphitheater is being considered.
Link to the project:Creek On The Blue Mile | Statesboro, GA
https://www.statesboroherald.com/loc...ransform-boro/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2018, 08:35 AM

23,466 posts, read 44,083,751 times
Wow, this looks like a real game-changer for Statesboro. It could end up being a mini-San Antonio.

Old 12-14-2018, 09:50 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,921,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
Wow, this looks like a real game-changer for Statesboro. It could end up being a mini-San Antonio.
Yes! I can’t wait to ride a gondola down a drainage ditch in Statesboro!

Old 12-14-2018, 02:32 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,972,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Yes! I can’t wait to ride a gondola down a drainage ditch in Statesboro!
As funny as it sounds, she’s right. This would be a draw and certainly attractive for small town Statesboro. I can’t wait to see what the future holds for the Boro as well as Bulloch county.

Old 12-14-2018, 03:20 PM

2,099 posts, read 2,276,335 times
Looks really nice! I hope or wish for something like this when they do the Boondoggle Arena in the Canal District here. With a few hundred mill should be able to do some amazing landscape architecture and greenery that could last generations.

Old 03-27-2019, 05:41 PM

808 posts, read 1,015,314 times
Yep statesboro is definitely on the come up with this project! They‘re currently even talking to the corp of army engineers for this project!!! Also publix was just announced. Anyways their are several projects in the work for statesboro; major creek/reservoir project downtown, the one-mile south main blue mile downtown, west district project downtown, major tormenta stadium stadium with hotels and movie theater and publix, aldi store, newly built hilton hotel in market district, newly built dog park in downtown, 4 laning highway 67 all the way to i-16, splash in the boro major expansion, and much more

Old 03-27-2019, 08:49 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,921,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albania67 View Post
Yep statesboro is definitely on the come up with this project! They‘re currently even talking to the corp of army engineers for this project!!! Also publix was just announced. Anyways their are several projects in the work for statesboro; major creek/reservoir project downtown, the one-mile south main blue mile downtown, west district project downtown, major tormenta stadium stadium with hotels and movie theater and publix, aldi store, newly built hilton hotel in market district, newly built dog park in downtown, 4 laning highway 67 all the way to i-16, splash in the boro major expansion, and much more
Welcome back Albania! Where have you been?

Old 03-27-2019, 10:43 PM

@newsboy i‘m glad to be back! I‘ve been lost and found lol. The one-mile stretch from georgia southern to the courthouse have been planned for city reconstruction/streetscaping forever and so i got sick of hearing about it and so it got to a point where i said ‘‘i‘ll believe it when i see it‘‘ and just stop posting. And since then 3 major projects have begun(though 2 have actually begun- west district, stadium/retail project and the 3rd soon to start-creek/reservoir project). Interesting that these 3 projects just sort of came out of nowhere and they‘ve already started or about to start but the streetscape project is taking foreverrrrrrrr to begin. But nevertheless i am very excited with these pop-up projects!

Old 04-09-2019, 04:47 PM

I wonder how this project would stack up against the canal district project in savannah. Anyone in savannah would like to comment on this?

Old 04-09-2019, 05:53 PM

450 posts, read 462,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albania67 View Post
I wonder how this project would stack up against the canal district project in savannah. Anyone in savannah would like to comment on this?
I think this one will be much nicer for the foreseeable future. IF there is enough other development the Savannah one could turn out better but it is more than a decade away if I had to bet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
View detailed profiles of: