Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2008, 08:28 AM

50,336 posts, read 63,906,560 times

Advertisements

We just visited Savannah Smiles, the dueling pianos bar downtown, last night. What a great time we had there. Super fun.
This Ohio country bumpkin was thrilled to walk around a city at midnight that was full of people and pulsing with life.
I hope someone buys my house soon so I can move here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 03:46 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,033,429 times
And don't you love it how when you leave a bar, you can take your cocktail with you?? How many cities let you do that other than New Orleans and Vegas?

Old 08-17-2008, 06:50 PM

And not only that, but there is still smoking in bars. I don't smoke and I think it stinks, but it somehow feels more like all is right with the world when people can still have a beer and a cigarette.

Old 08-17-2008, 07:05 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,438,947 times
Savannah Smiles is a nice space. Went to hear Cracker play there once. Had fun.

Yeah, sometimes it's great to be out late and see other folks wandering around just enjoying being out on the town. Nothing special, just being out. Do that plenty, it seems.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:55 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,968,017 times
Honestly, when I went to Savannah Smiles I thought it was a bit redneck-ish. Wasn't really into that. I guess Savannah IS in the south though...

I DO love the fact that Savannah is a late night town. I'm a late night person and I LOVE seeing other people out walking around (some with drinks in their hands) at hours like 11,12,1 and beyond... at least until 2 or 3 in the morning. Great stuff!
I hope Savannah continues to improve/grow. That way we'll have even more people walking around at night (the good, friendly locals & tourists, that is!) such as myself!

Old 08-20-2008, 03:31 AM

1,808 posts, read 4,037,321 times
I have noticed a trend in regards to Savannah Smiles. In each of the last four or five times I have went, the crowd has gotten younger and younger. I am not saying this is a bad thing, but the last time we went it was standing room only. Had I knew that going in, we would have skipped it altogether. Oh, it was still fun... but just too crowded to enjoy the way it is meant to be experienced. Hearing Green Day and Hinder on the piano was interesting... I will give them that.

Old 08-20-2008, 04:44 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,438,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post
Honestly, when I went to Savannah Smiles I thought it was a bit redneck-ish. Wasn't really into that. I guess Savannah IS in the south though...
A lot of these larger places are pretty red-neck. Kids from nearby counties often come in for the weekend. There are also places that cater to older, more urban people too. You just won't find them along the river or Bay St.

If you're looking for an older crowd, go to some of clubs along Broughton St. instead. Unless you're looking for MUCH older. LOL

Old 08-20-2008, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
I have noticed a trend in regards to Savannah Smiles. In each of the last four or five times I have went, the crowd has gotten younger and younger. I am not saying this is a bad thing, but the last time we went it was standing room only. Had I knew that going in, we would have skipped it altogether. Oh, it was still fun... but just too crowded to enjoy the way it is meant to be experienced. Hearing Green Day and Hinder on the piano was interesting... I will give them that.
It's a favorite place of my son and DIL who are in their 20's, but we got there at about 9:30 and had no trouble getting a table, and there were plenty of older people there. By 11:30, when we left, it was jammed with with younger people, and the noise level and crowdedness told us it was time to move on.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:28 PM

889 posts, read 2,397,628 times
When my wife and I lived in Savannah, Savannah Smiles was her favorite place to hang out. My only complaint with the place is when they get on the college football thing too long to beef up tips (playing fight songs for the school whose fans tip the best).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
View detailed profiles of: