Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 07:16 PM

23,553 posts, read 44,242,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
200 people what did they do camp out?
Let me get this straight I arrive at 9 to get a reservation do get a time that when you name will be called?
Let me explain what I was thinking . I thought about going to get the reservation while my partner could sleep in while I do this .. is this feasable do you know when eating time is?
No, they had gotten in line that AM. Mrsnespy is correct; they begin serving at 11:00. You put your name in for a time and then return at that time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 08:06 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,612,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
No, they had gotten in line that AM. Mrsnespy is correct; they begin serving at 11:00. You put your name in for a time and then return at that time.

Great thanks to both of you, I can let my partner sleep in while I make the reservation then pick them up. Is there parking decks in Savannah and off what streets that I can use on the weekends and on the weekdays?

Old 10-07-2008, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Great thanks to both of you, I can let my partner sleep in while I make the reservation then pick them up. Is there parking decks in Savannah and off what streets that I can use on the weekends and on the weekdays?
There are several decks located around the historic area; on the weekends, if you are lucky enough to find a space on the street, you don't have to feed the meter.

Old 10-08-2008, 04:26 AM

11,412 posts, read 24,515,768 times
Quote:
There are times when I feel like making a smart aleck remark...

We have this obscure device called Google. Search terms: "Savannah parking garage"

http://www.savannahcitymarket.com/ParkSmart.pdf (broken link)

Last edited by ellie; 10-08-2008 at 04:40 AM..

Old 10-08-2008, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
There are times when I feel like making a smart aleck remark...

We have this obscure device called Google. Search terms: "Savannah parking garage"

http://www.savannahcitymarket.com/ParkSmart.pdf (broken link)
Actually, a great idea

Old 10-14-2008, 08:22 AM

6 posts, read 15,476 times
Quote:
Me and my partner will be celebrating five years together on the Weekend of October 18th.

I want us to experience all the culture of Savannah even its dark side & Midnight of Good & Evil attractions.

What are some on the dark side recommindations would you suggest for us to do and what things we should see in relation to that book & Movie and does lady chablis perform currently if so where?
Love to know how to get to that grave too.

How far is Pooler GA from downtown Savannah? , What is 125 Continental Blvd area like in that town I will be staying in a hotel nearby?
We may run into you over the weekend. It will be our first weekend in Savannah and we are going to spend it in The Historic District and Tybee Island.

Old 10-15-2008, 05:07 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,612,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMojo View Post
We may run into you over the weekend. It will be our first weekend in Savannah and we are going to spend it in The Historic District and Tybee Island.
Awesome I am so looking forward to this weekend & next week. Im bringing my laptop so I can look at this thread for the info that was given while I was there.

I did decide to lay low for Saturday. I am type of vacationer that likes to plan to do this , this and this and then the vacation doesnt seem relaxing because you gotta be somewhere at some point and time. So I am holding off on the tours til Monday when there less tourists. We will however walk the streets by the riverwalk & historic district.
We will be one of those "matching" couples something we like to do together.

Saturday hurry up already.. lmao

Old 10-15-2008, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Awesome I am so looking forward to this weekend & next week. Im bringing my laptop so I can look at this thread for the info that was given while I was there.

I did decide to lay low for Saturday. I am type of vacationer that likes to plan to do this , this and this and then the vacation doesnt seem relaxing because you gotta be somewhere at some point and time. So I am holding off on the tours til Monday when there less tourists. We will however walk the streets by the riverwalk & historic district.

Great plan...I love to take a day just to meander, and the historic district is a great place to do it.
I don't know where you are staying, but the concierges can be so helpful in the hotels. We were at the Staybridge over Labor Day weekend and the concierge (think her name was Cherry) was full of good info.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:40 PM

11,412 posts, read 24,515,768 times
Quote:

So if I spot a matching couple, I'll come up to you and start talking nonsense. Then all you'll have to do is decide if I'm a crazy woman or ellie.

That will add to the spooky factor.

Old 10-15-2008, 08:53 PM

182 posts, read 712,376 times
I'm coming up for Halloween! Come talk nonsense to me and I'll nonsense back at ya!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area