Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 10:45 AM

1,685 posts, read 3,959,557 times

Advertisements

there was one in Charlotte, not sure of the name now, it's near Carmel road and quail hollow road, near the Harris Teeter. I went in there once (grew up going to the MM near Emory in ATL) NOT THE SAME THING AT ALL. I was very disappointed, asked the waiter if this was a franchise or independent store and he said owned by the same person who ran the Altanta store......no way buster. Crust totally different, sauce totally different instead of a for lack of a better phrase, grungy college pizza joint, it was a YUPPY MARTINI BAR. A few months later, drove by and it was a different name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 05:48 PM

11,398 posts, read 24,475,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post

I have never seen a historical district that is large as Savannah and Im taking in so much history of this beautiful city. Who knows in 30 years I might want to retire in Savannah. I know I want to retire in a city that is still southern & has charm and Savannah fits that and more.
I was thinking, by the kinds of questions you asked when you were planning your trip, that you had no idea how large the historic district was. That's why some of us may be downtown every day and not go to certain areas for weeks or months.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:33 PM

7 posts, read 16,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I was thinking, by the kinds of questions you asked when you were planning your trip, that you had no idea how large the historic district was. That's why some of us may be downtown every day and not go to certain areas for weeks or months.
Our first realtor here said she's been here 12 years(her 2nd time living here, also grew up in Savannah) and there are things she still hasn't gotten a chance to do and see! I like the idea of living somewhere and never running out of places to explore(within reason...)!

Old 10-21-2008, 07:49 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,555,576 times
Me and partner was discussing we could retire here if the charm is still here 30+ years from now.
It might be because growing up in North Carolina well I been about every inch of that state. Just the coast line alone here there so much to explore and then learning about each corner in Savannah would so interesting to keep an area from becoming boring to your psyche .

Old 10-21-2008, 08:23 PM

23,489 posts, read 44,146,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Me and partner was discussing we could retire here if the charm is still here 30+ years from now.
It might be because growing up in North Carolina well I been about every inch of that state. Just the coast line alone here there so much to explore and then learning about each corner in Savannah would so interesting to keep an area from becoming boring to your psyche .
Be warned! The coastal counties are expected to jump from a population of 270,000 to 420,000 in the next fifteen years. I do trust the people of Savannah will maintain the character of the historic district over the next 30 years, though. It's one of GA's greatest treasures.
My husband and I have been shopping for a 'retirement project' in the Ardsley Park of Savannah recently. It's a newer (early 20th century) neighborhood, but blessedly quieter than downtown.

Old 10-26-2008, 06:08 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,555,576 times
This is my final video of Savannah.
Due to 9/11 restrictions I could not get the chance to watch loading and unloading of ships .
There was nothing wrong with my lens of my camera before or after the photos of the Mercer House at night you definitly can see that there is energy there.
Thank you to the Georgian dog that kept me company as I walk in some woods.
My partner keeps talking about Savannah after a few days we have left you guys have left an impression on him.. KUDOS
Yes the last pic is a arm coming out of my trunk and yes we took the Hearse tour the evening prior.
The tour lady was from Savannah and very knowledgable about the city and those who spirits still live on. I will do Savannah again

Old 10-26-2008, 08:22 PM

23,489 posts, read 44,146,303 times
SunnyKayak,
I, and I'm sure so many other members of this forum, have so enjoyed your photos over the last few days. Thank you for the generosity that you have expressed in posting them.
LD

Old 10-26-2008, 08:31 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,199,037 times
Thank you for your pictures and the time you took to share them with us.

I am sure that you know how difficult it can be for us to answer the posts that ask, "We are going to be in Savannah for two days, what should we see?"

I've lived here all my life and there are still some places that I have never seen. I wish all our visitors had time to just drive out to places like Rose Dru and Vernonburg. I couldn't begin to name all of them so I'll just stop now and thank you again,

Hope you can come back soon.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:05 AM

7 posts, read 16,577 times
SunnyKayak--thanks for sharing with us! I'm glad you had a nice visit here in Savannah!
Your pictures really show the beauty and the charm of the city. Like any other place, Savannah has it's bad parts of course, but there is so much good here too, and I'm just not the type to focus on the negative all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
View detailed profiles of: