Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2007, 11:35 PM

2 posts, read 7,879 times

Advertisements

I am new to the Savannah, Ga (and really Ga state) area. We have relocated from Pittsburgh and have no clue where to look for a house in. We are looking to rent to start as we are not sure how long we will stay, but I want to be in a nice area that is near shopping, etc. We do have 2 children but I am homeschooling so schools aren't an issue. Any help is greatly appreciated. It's so much different here then back home and I'm feeling really lost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2007, 06:36 AM

86 posts, read 438,016 times
What size home are you looking for and what kind of price range are you looking in? I was raised and still visit Sav. as my parents and brother still live there. I know Sav. like the back of my hand. I can probably give you a little insight on some places to look.

Old 02-28-2007, 07:56 AM

2 posts, read 7,879 times
I'd like a 2/3 bedroom house and would spend anywhere between 750 - 1100.00. I'm not too particular about anything else, maybe a garage as I've found that there are no basements down here. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

Old 02-28-2007, 09:09 AM

86 posts, read 438,016 times
I would look out on Craigslist.org as they have quite a bit to look at out there. Are you familiar with that site?

Old 02-28-2007, 09:42 AM

726 posts, read 3,603,836 times
have you met with any of the local Homeschooling groups?
there is a co-op in West Chatham and Effingham County has a group
also there is a Wiccan group

http://www.georgiastandards.org/

It should be easy to find a home with in that price range
in which area do you work?

Old 02-28-2007, 07:00 PM

233 posts, read 1,227,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_belle77 View Post
I am new to the Savannah, Ga (and really Ga state) area. We have relocated from Pittsburgh and have no clue where to look for a house in. We are looking to rent to start as we are not sure how long we will stay, but I want to be in a nice area that is near shopping, etc. We do have 2 children but I am homeschooling so schools aren't an issue. Any help is greatly appreciated. It's so much different here then back home and I'm feeling really lost.
I was born and raised in the Pittsburgh area. I grew up in Bethel Park and moved to South Park when I started at the U of Pitt. I am currently in the Savannah area with my four children. We are living in Pooler. It seems really nice out here and the elementary school they are attending is great. I give you lots of credit for homeschooling. It is different. We were just back in South Park visiting my family. I am not too current with any rentals around here, but if I find one that fits I'll pass it along.

Old 03-05-2007, 07:33 AM

2 posts, read 7,296 times
Half of my family is from PA. The ones that have visited have enjoyed it here. Homeschooled children need a lot and I think actually being in Savannah, as opposed to outlying cities such as Pooler, Richmond Hill and others, would be a benefit. I think one of the best areas is Isle of Hope. 10 minutes to everything and super gorgeous. You can still walk around in the neighborhoods and everyone actually waves to you. It is beautiful and safe. Once you rent there you would buy nowhere else.

Old 07-26-2008, 07:05 AM

4 posts, read 11,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_belle77 View Post
My family too is looking to relocate to the Savannah area. We are from SW Mo. There are 5 of us, and 2 medium dogs. We could use any help regarding rentals that accept pets, jobs, ext... Please share any knowledge you have learned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area