Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 01:13 PM

737 posts, read 2,463,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgnzsavnh View Post
...and a bunch of damnyankees;...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2009, 01:29 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,220,129 times
Whitemarsh Island is the island area just west of Wilmington. They are separated by the Wilmington river and marshland. It has one large shopping center, which includes a big Walmart. The Islands YMCA and police station are both on Whitemarsh. When anyone says anything about The Islands, they mean both of them. "The Islands" area also includes Talahi Island and a couple of smaller ones, but Whitemarsh and Wilmington are the main ones. Talahi is strictly residential.

Old 02-15-2009, 09:03 PM

737 posts, read 2,463,539 times
"...which includes a big Walmart. "

Hahaha...
You gotta be kidding, right?
The choices among brands/items are few.
The shelves are usually empty.
And every time I go there I'm thinking that...
"This place is getting ready to shut down, and be reincarnated as a Super Wal-Mart."

JMHO

Old 02-18-2009, 09:29 PM

37 posts, read 134,451 times
Well just got back after spending 3 days in Savannah. Still house hunting!! LOL We found a place, actually we found it on about the second trip but was too much $$ prices have really dropped and we put an offer in.
Keep your fingers crossed.......

AND I met Gamecock and her hubby!!! They got a great house!!! And doing lots of work on it!!!

Alice soon to be a Savannahian

Old 02-19-2009, 05:55 AM

11,411 posts, read 24,510,645 times
That's all good news.

Old 02-19-2009, 03:28 PM

28 posts, read 82,874 times
It is hard to give a good area by its zip code in Savannah. If I was moving to Savannah, I would want to live in the Dowtown area or on the water. I think if you stay within 3 blocks of Bull Street and within about 4-5 blocks of Forsyth Park, that you should be pretty good and be able to live in the downtown area. There are millions of cities that have suburbs just like Savannah, the charm of the City is its waterfront property and its beautiful downtown. If you have more money to spend, you can always go North of these blocks and still be pretty good. North of Forsyth Park is expensive, but generally pretty safe. There are not many places that are safe to walk around in Savannah at night though.

Old 02-27-2009, 12:51 PM

22 posts, read 53,974 times
Haven't lived in Savannah for 5 or so years but when I was there there were alot of Army Officers living in the Georgetown area. Pretty safe considering the company.

Old 03-01-2009, 07:06 PM

3 posts, read 7,496 times
Default Live downtown & love it!

I have lived in the Victorian District since 1994 & wouldn't live anywhere else. I am a single woman so some may ask about crime- just let me say that I am a former police dept. dispatcher and I think statistics will show that crime is much worse in other parts of town. Everything is an easy walk- most of us never need go South of Victory Drive to shop, dine, etc. A car is seldom necessary. And if you are lucky enough to live near Forsyth Park you are close to all sorts of activities (concerts, films, art school events) that shouldn't be missed. Beautiful architecture, history all around you, hip neighbors (young, old, all races and ethnicities)-Downtown Savannah is the place to be!

Old 03-02-2009, 09:08 AM

1 posts, read 2,450 times
If you are living alone, Georgetown apartments are great and anything Southside Savannah. Pooler is also very safe and its right outside of Savannah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area