Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2009, 04:32 PM

4 posts, read 12,937 times

Advertisements

Hello! I am looking for a GOOD and affordable Pre-K or Preschool in Savannah. We are moving into the area and would like to find one ASAP. Previously we had our son in a wonderful Preschool at our local church. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 06:36 PM

399 posts, read 2,253,677 times
Isle of Hope Methodist is a 9-12noon program. It is really great. My oldest went there. My baby went to St.James preschool.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:36 AM

165 posts, read 507,645 times
What area will you be living in? What type of religious affiliation (many churches offer them, but I'm sure you'll want to stick with something along your beliefs)? Would you want an all-day school or half day?

There are many options, so you'll have to be a bit more specific.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:47 AM

4 posts, read 12,937 times
Thanks for your replies. I will check out Isle of Hope!!

The Preschool that he attended in Virginia last year was Presbyterian. We are Methodist. We are not particular about the denomination so long as it is Christian. I do not mind a commute to a good school either. I drove him 30 minutes each way in VA to attend for only 3 hours. But it was a GREAT school!

Old 05-22-2009, 09:37 AM

165 posts, read 507,645 times
I have friends that use Savannah Christian Prep and are quite pleased although they run a typical school year and not through the summer, if those are your needs.

The church we attend offers a half day program that is awesome. We don't use it because we need full-day service. It's called Growing in the Son (http://savannahchristian.com/growing-in-the-son/ - broken link). Also follows the public school calendar.

We personally use I'll Be Your Best Friend Academy in Rincon, but it's pretty far out of Savannah proper, so I wouldn't suggest it unless you lived out toward that area. It does provide year-round and all day care though, which we require for our needs.

Those are the only three that I can personally speak for, but there are a PLETHORA of them here, so happy hunting!

Old 05-22-2009, 10:51 AM

399 posts, read 2,253,677 times
We are Catholic, but Isle of Hope Methodist did a wonderful job for my oldest. Ha, we sent them to Isle of Hope Baptist for daycare!!! St. James Catholic has MANY denominations that attend. I think this year they are adding daycare and they already have pre-k 1/2 day or whole day. I sent my baby there for pre-k. They have a fabulous teacher in pre-k now that my oldest had in 1st grade, that teaches them impeccable manners and really helped them be academic over-achievers. Those kids are definitely benefitting! My kids love that school, in spite of their high expectations and strict grading scale (100-94=A 93-86=B 85-77=C). They end up well prepared for high school.

But Isle of Hope Methodist did do a good job, they also have a fun camp for kids over the summer. It was better than trying to get the free public lottery for pre-k.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
View detailed profiles of: