Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 06:03 PM

15 posts, read 43,622 times

Advertisements

not to picky with the facility apt. duplex, i would perfer but would not count out a stand alone

that amount i would expect before utilities

does anyone live in Wilmington that could give me some detail about the houses out there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 06:06 PM

737 posts, read 2,460,076 times
"does anyone live in Wilmington that could give me some detail about the houses out there"

Bwahaha...
You rang?

Old 07-01-2009, 10:51 AM

4,582 posts, read 8,975,515 times
Many of them are ranch style homes built in the 60s - 80s.

Old 07-01-2009, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post
Many of them are ranch style homes built in the 60s - 80s.
Yup...
Ranges from "Apartment Homes" to duplexes on JMB...to stand alones on Walthour, and the surrounding "back streets".
Lots to choose from.

Old 07-01-2009, 04:03 PM

608 posts, read 1,346,840 times
It all depends on your price range. To find something half way decent right now for under $200K is really tough. You can get anything over $250K maybe halfway decent. Heck you can get a foreclosed property for a cool million if you want. Even though prices have come down somewhat it does not seem as though the bad economy has taken a huge toll out here. Most of your price drops and foreclosures are coming from the upper end of the housing spectrum. We also have A LOT of condos and townhomes out here as well, which maybe something you want to consider. Mercer Point townhomes which were selling around $200K a few years ago, can be stolen for $130 for a base model.

I would avoid living directly on Penn Waller or Johnny Mercer because traffic is starting to pick up in our area. An avoid the apartment complexes since a lot of people who couldn't afford their home are living in these complexes.

Old 07-01-2009, 04:12 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,456,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrgy View Post
I would avoid living directly on Penn Waller or Johnny Mercer because traffic is starting to pick up in our area. An avoid the apartment complexes since a lot of people who couldn't afford their home are living in these complexes.
????? Too many people moving to Wilmington Island?

And heavens, we wouldn't recommend living among people who lost their homes because of one of the worst economic downturns in the past century, would we?

Old 07-01-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrgy View Post
It all depends on your price range. To find something half way decent right now for under $200K is really tough. You can get anything over $250K maybe halfway decent. Heck you can get a foreclosed property for a cool million if you want. Even though prices have come down somewhat it does not seem as though the bad economy has taken a huge toll out here. Most of your price drops and foreclosures are coming from the upper end of the housing spectrum. We also have A LOT of condos and townhomes out here as well, which maybe something you want to consider. Mercer Point townhomes which were selling around $200K a few years ago, can be stolen for $130 for a base model.

What part of "rent" didn't you understand?

"also i will be coming up to Savannah on July 3-5 for business and would like to get are recomendation for areas i should visit to start looking for a good neighborhood and decent prices in the rent category from 650-1000"

Old 07-01-2009, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
????? Too many people moving to Wilmington Island?

And heavens, we wouldn't recommend living among people who lost their homes because of one of the worst economic downturns in the past century, would we?
Bwahaha...

God forbid.
Then we'd all be in the same boat.

Old 07-01-2009, 05:04 PM

15 posts, read 43,622 times
again i thank everyone for the replies i am trying to schedule some time on this weekends business trip to look around i will be on tybee friday all day and , then around savannah all day saturday so i'll try to stop by willmington island on my way back from tybee,

and im always looking at these post so any other recomendations would be great so i can take a look this weekend i will be staying near the airport and also plan on taking a look out near newport and pooler i want to see as much as possible

thanks again

Old 07-01-2009, 08:12 PM

Coming back from Tybee take the Johnny Mercer Blvd. turn off of 80.
Just over the bridge on your left.
Or if you miss that, then Quarterman Rd. just past the Davis Market.
You'll cruise down the business strip of our lovely island and can hook up with 80 at the other end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area