Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 10:23 AM

15 posts, read 43,597 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to Savannah and starting a few businesses in the next few Months ,

I have two 1yr children and I am looking for a Neighdorhoods that people would recommend that are both Safe and great for families.

I have heard the west side of town has really good schools, and I've heard the Wilmington island provides a safe environment

I would like to get some feed back

I need safe (low crime great neighbors), decent Cost , and lots of activities for families ( young children)

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 10:54 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,443,479 times

For the broadest perspective on neighborhoods in Savannah, please read other similar threads. You'll find a wide array of opinions.

Old 06-28-2009, 03:17 PM

i have been looking for for a while now and seems like alot of general info nothings spesific on areas best for families. i will keep looking

however if anyone has recomendation i would like to hear them

Old 06-28-2009, 05:08 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,178,043 times
General information is really all that we can give. Not knowing anything about your likes and dislikes, we cannot be more definitive. Do you want side walks? Big lawns to mow? Trees? no trees? Close neighbors? Street parking? or driveway and garage? Lots of kids of all ages? Or a nice quiet neighborhood with lots of grandmotherly types. An Area where everyone has a swimming pool? Walking distance to a school? A place where they can ride bicyles in the street? A yard big enough for a fence and a dog? Small yard? Close to a particular church?

What I am trying to say is that just about anywhere is "good" for families if the area provides you with what YOU want. With two one year olds, I would rent for a year. By the time they start school, the good schools could be terrible and the bad ones magnificent. Find out an area where you think that you will fit in the best.

School districts change all the time. We are just starting on a major overhaul of the districts and grade placement. What might be a great school today may not be one when your children are old enough to attend.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:09 AM

737 posts, read 2,459,074 times
...to Pagde.
Things have changed since I got down here a year ago.

Old 06-29-2009, 12:22 PM

233 posts, read 1,226,858 times
I agree with Padgett. The schools are definitely getting overhauled. Whether or not it will end good, remains to be seen. But something needed to be done.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:21 PM

Thanks all for the assistance
I have looked through many of the post already on the forums and have found some valueable information

as for details im looking for the areas with families that haev younger children basicly that my children can make friends with so lots of kids would be ideal , trees would be a plus, a decent drive to the beach and downtown, and as safe a neighborhood as possible i have heard many rumors and i figure most post are just over reacting i have lived in many large cities and each have their own problem it all about finding the right area

also i will be coming up to Savannah on July 3-5 for business and would like to get are recomendation for areas i should visit to start looking for a good neighborhood and decent prices in the rent category from 650-1000

Thank everyone for your input

Old 06-30-2009, 08:50 AM

737 posts, read 2,459,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjfountain View Post
Thanks all for the assistance
I have looked through many of the post already on the forums and have found some valueable information

as for details im looking for the areas with families that haev younger children basicly that my children can make friends with so lots of kids would be ideal , trees would be a plus, a decent drive to the beach and downtown, and as safe a neighborhood as possible i have heard many rumors and i figure most post are just over reacting i have lived in many large cities and each have their own problem it all about finding the right area

also i will be coming up to Savannah on July 3-5 for business and would like to get are recomendation for areas i should visit to start looking for a good neighborhood and decent prices in the rent category from 650-1000

Thank everyone for your input
Apartment complex?
Duplex?
Stand alone unit?
$650-$1000.
Utilities included?
Or before?

T'bolt...Could be.
Whitemarsh...Probably.
Wilmington...Yes.
Tybee...Nope.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:10 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,178,043 times
check out this site.
SavannahNow.com | Savannah Morning News is our local newspaper. It would have listings that would give you an idea of how the prices are.

Find Homes and Real Estate for Sale in the Savannah Georgia area | Homes.SavannahNow.com

Old 06-30-2009, 01:21 PM

399 posts, read 2,253,261 times
there was a recent article in the paper on how the schools compared to last year. Maybe it was just for high schools...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area