Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2013, 08:04 PM

17 posts, read 130,941 times

Advertisements

If a company has ppl from a closed facebook group posting on their site all day everyday. The memebers say favorable things about the company but they will also attack customers who post bad things about it. Furthermore, they mislead customers. For example, if a customer posts about reporting thw company to the bbb then a member from the group will comment saying that the company isnt a member of the BBB. Which is true. But they fail mention that the BBB helps all customers. Not just customers from companies who are members.

After a member we shall call MEMBER1 Stated that the company wasnt a memeber of the bbb on a customer's post. I posted that it didnt matter and she could still file a complaint. Member1 then called me a troll. So i called him a troll back. And then he deleted his comment and reported me to fb for an abusive comment. I was locked out of my fb account for 12 hours as a result.

When I got locked out fb notified me it was bc i was harassing Member1 (bc i called him a troll that one time). So i googled his name and found out that he is a shareholder of the company

Well everything was fine until a couple days later when i got on the company's fb page again and I noticed that member1 was attempting to get another customer blocked. So I posted what I knew about him and the closed fb group as a comment on the company's fb page. After that the company blocked me from commenting on their page all together and deleted every comment i ever made.

Also, if a customer asks a one of the group members if the if they r an employee of the company they say they are not and that they do not get any compensation from the company and that they r just customers. (Obviously lies)

Is this legal? If not, what can i do about it??

Old 11-20-2013, 10:46 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,208,631 times
Let me Bing that for you!

Oh, and seek the advice of a board certified lawyer, looking for this type of advice here is ludicrous....

Old 11-21-2013, 02:32 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,732,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Let me Bing that for you!

Oh, and seek the advice of a board certified lawyer, looking for this type of advice here is ludicrous....
This. Your question deals with neither science nor technology, plus you're asking strangers for legal advice, that's .. not the best idea
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology