Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2010, 07:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,944 times

Advertisements

So my wife and I are moving to Seattle, with jobs lined up; mine will be in downtown Seattle, hers will be in downtown Bellevue. We want to live somewhere in Seattle proper that offers reasonable commutes to both downtowns, but we want to live away from downtown itself and the denser neighborhoods around it. Ideally we'd like reasonable commutes via mass transit to both downtowns as well... figure this will be more difficult for my wife, she may end up driving to Bellevue. We'll keep at least one car for general-purpose use and occasional commuting use.

So far we've been focusing on Greenlake and Beacon Hill. Beacon Hill looks great for commuting to downtown Seattle via transit due to the light rail, ok to Bellevue (~ 45 min by bus). Greenlake looks somewhat lengthier commute-wise, but the overall area seems prettier and more interesting.

I'd love to get y'alls thoughts and experience on those neighborhoods, those commutes, and other areas that might work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2010, 09:43 AM

3,695 posts, read 11,369,447 times
If you can find a decent place, Beacon Hill is a good choice from a commuting perspective. I-90 is an easier commute to downtown Bellevue than 520 most of the time. If you have kids or ever plan on having kids you are better off living in Bellevue, though - the Seattle schools can be pretty dismal if you are in the wrong neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: