Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2012, 04:23 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,744,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlueInSeattle View Post
The idea that 40 degree weather is more pleasant in winter than room temperature weather (what you get on California coastline in winter) is completely insane.
To me, preferring 85+ over 55 is equally insane. I enjoy being outside when it's cool and I need a jacket. I like wearing a jacket and feeling cool (not cold) air on my skin. I don't like the feeling of harsh sunlight burning my skin. Even though bright sunlight isn't exactly common here, and when it does come out it's not terribly hot, I still find myself keeping to the shade to avoid the sun. I like looking out over a landscape that's lit by the sun, but I don't enjoy being in direct sunlight, no matter what the temperature. Also, my room temperature is somewhere in the neighborhood of 55-60 degrees during winter. More like 70 in the summer.

Edit: Also, I never claimed to be sane.

Last edited by Lamplight; 03-20-2012 at 04:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2012, 04:54 PM

86 posts, read 238,925 times
Why do you want to move to Seattle?
One of the big things is if your a single male looking for a woman your going to loath Seattle. Seattle is a woman's dream city. The ratio for women/men is around 1:8.
Seattle has a lot of fat women and that is no joke and most have an attitude.

If I did not have a great paying job I would move from Seattle in a heartbeat.

Visiting here and living here are 2 different worlds.

Also the weather plays another factor. Its real green and lush for a reason.
Last summer 2011 sucked more then normal.
296 days -- and counting -- since we've hit 80 degrees | Weather Blog | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News

State tax in the Seattle are is %9.5
Spokane is like %8.6

Houses are affordable since the recession.

Guess it all depends what you want.
Research 'Seattle Freeze' ... I thinks it should be called Seattle Permafrost.

Old 03-20-2012, 05:07 PM

1,717 posts, read 4,650,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffie View Post
One of the big things is if your a single male looking for a woman your going to loath Seattle. Seattle is a woman's dream city. The ratio for women/men is around 1:8.
So even the fat women in Seattle pay you no mind?

I can't imagine why.

Old 03-20-2012, 05:17 PM

296 days without hitting 80 degrees is very much a positive to me. I'd be happy if I never felt 80+ again.

Old 03-20-2012, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
296 days without hitting 80 degrees is very much a positive to me. I'd be happy if I never felt 80+ again.
Well you may not think about it, but the Pacific North West has more cases for MS then any in the world. Lack of sun = little to no vitamin D which is very important.

Something to think about.

Old 03-20-2012, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Loney View Post
So even the fat women in Seattle pay you no mind?

I can't imagine why.
I turn them down non stop kid. So go troll else where.

In a few years I will retire in Costa Rica anyhow and have many connections already there.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:11 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,552,386 times
Quote:

Get real. Most of the cities out west have slightly more men than woman. The operative word is slightly.

Did you know there is a site for this? Seattle, WA/Washington Male to Female Ratio, Median Age, Avg Salary & Home Price

I hear the same BS about San Diego. I can imagine a bunch of socially awkward techies sitting in the corner of the bar all night arguing about whether or not Microsoft should give up on Silverlight and wondering why they can't find a girl. Yes, it's the ratio lol.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Well you may not think about it, but the Pacific North West has more cases for MS then any in the world. Lack of sun = little to no vitamin D which is very important.

Vitamin D can be supplemented with little trouble at all. In fact, the daily multivitamin I've been taking for years provides 100% of the daily recommend Vitamin D (among others).

Old 03-20-2012, 07:39 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,345,532 times
Quote:

Eastern WA has a much higher proportion of MS than the Seattle area does, so I don't think the lower amount of sunlight has much to do with it. Pale skin and webbed feet, maybe.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:01 PM

1,717 posts, read 4,650,547 times
Quote:
I turn them down non stop kid. So go troll else where.
You calling someone else a troll. Might want to look up the word son.

Quote:
In a few years I will retire in Costa Rica anyhow and have many connections already there.
Why wait?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area