Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 09:41 PM

522 posts, read 2,626,103 times

Advertisements

Where can I take my husband for a romantic dinner in the Seattle/ eastside area? I am looking for something with great views and a menu that has seafood and steak or chicken. He likes seafood but I am alergic. Any recommendations would be great!!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2007, 09:47 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,659,817 times
The obvious choice is the Space Needle, but the rep is the food isn't spectacular.

I hear Canlis (kinda throwback from the 50's) is still doing well.

I'm sure there are dozens, if not hundreds of other good choices, but these two come to mind when you mention "romantic/views". If you choose the Needle, call ahead and request a window table. You may have to wait, but it is worth it.

Old 08-29-2007, 09:56 PM

522 posts, read 2,626,103 times
OK, maybe I should ask if anything is on the water with a great view. Been to the needle 6 times in the last year. Since we are new in town everyone that visits wants to go there. Someone said try Salty's on the water in West Seattle. Ever heard of it and is it any good??

Old 08-30-2007, 01:33 AM

15 posts, read 146,600 times
Some ideas on the eastside:

I would highly recommend Daniel's broiler in Bellevue. Its inside a skyscraper up high, great views of seattle from afar, very romantic, seafood and steak is great! Service is great too.

Anothony's in Kirkland is good too, on Lake WA.. great seafood..Im pretty sure they have steak too.

Tonight my husband and I just went to a place called purple that was very fun, its a wine place. It was romantic in a fun sort of casual wine and cheese tasting way. There is one in Seattle and one in Kirkland and one in Woodinville. We went to the one in Woodinville and it was fun cause it has a wine country feel.

thats all I can think of now but Im sure there are tons and tons of great places.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:49 AM

3,225 posts, read 14,058,896 times
I don't recommend the Needle. I don't normally get motion sickness, but even the slow rotation that it does, got me nauseous. That, and the food was just not in line with the price.

My husband and I went to a great place in Belltown before we left the area. It doesn't have a fabulous view - I mean, it's smack dab on a Belltown street corner - but it has great ambiance, and vibe to it. It's called Black Bottle. It's like a Tapas place, sort of - in that you get a bottle of wine, and order from basically an appetizer as a meal menu. Everything is $8, and you get a few plates to share... It was a great night!!

Old 08-30-2007, 01:03 PM

5,864 posts, read 15,234,836 times
I recommend El Gaucho. Sort of reminds me of a NY nightspot. Beautiful decor with pianist on main floor. Head downstairs to the Pampas Room. Great live jazz from the quartet playing all the standards from Frank Sinatra to Antonio Carlos Jobim.(the girl from Ipanema) Voted best steak in town by Seattle Magazine. Dinner, live music and dance the night away.
Plus the Inn at El Gaucho has 18 hotel suites upstairs.

Old 08-30-2007, 08:24 PM

700 posts, read 2,595,555 times
It always pains me as a chef that the Space Needle fails to meet the expectations of dinners year after year...As a landmark of Seattle it should be like "the kitchen of Pike Place Market" IMO.....Yes it has a huge influx of looky loo tourist that most likely just want (or can afford) a greasy burger with fries or a simple pasta for cheap. But I would think that which ever corporate entity that operates it could look at a physical remodel that would allow you to achieve not only the revenue base of tourist and drop ins (bistro kitchen-ish) and have an upscale restaurant that can be truly considered a top tier dining option for romance/business and on the merit of world class food and wine. Just my opionion.....

Old 08-30-2007, 11:01 PM

797 posts, read 2,991,386 times
I've got 2 great reccommendations for you, both are in Seattle and I guarantee you will not be disappointed with either.

1. The Edgwater Hotel, Award Winning Six Seven - The Best in Seattle Seafood Restaurants - Waterfront Dining Overlooking Puget Sound

2. Palisades - A Seattle signature. A Bayview Landmark. Soaring Waterfront Dining.

We have had the pleasure of dining at both of these more than once each and if we could afford the night out including a babysitter for our 4 kids we would have gone back several more times. Enjoy!

Old 08-31-2007, 12:24 AM

153 posts, read 637,343 times
I second the restaurant at The Edgewater. I stayed there for 10 days last month and I had the wonderful experience of dining at the restaurant on 5 nights. So, so good. Neither you nor your husband will bw disappointed.

Old 08-31-2007, 12:34 AM

3,969 posts, read 13,659,817 times
The needle doesn't need to have great food, and they know it. A perfect example of an estabishment "resting on their laurels". Can you imagine a Space Needle with excellent gourmet fare? I guess the guest count would not incease greatly, maybe perhaps with some locals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area