Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2008, 11:08 PM

3,757 posts, read 9,057,378 times

Advertisements

We are looking for a place to have Christmas dinner in Seattle. Other than restaurants at hotels, do you know of any open restaurants. Of course, the Space Needle is already booked. Thoughts or suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2008, 11:17 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,099,050 times
To die for, and despite the name you don't have to be a vegetarian:
The Herbfarm in Woodinville
The Herbfarm : A Celebration of the Food and Wines of the Pacific Northwest

To also die for and c'n I please come along? -- any Tom Douglas restaurant, especially Etta and Dahlia Lounge:
Welcome to Tom Douglas Restaurants

And my maybe top favorite Xmastime place, Salish Lodge up at Snoqualmie Falls. Ummm, absolutely to die for. You won't want to leave:
Salish Lodge & Spa | Seattle's Luxury Resort & Spa

A spectacular experience, and food by Tom Douglas, Teatro ZinZanni.
http://dreams.zinzanni.org/

Salty's on Alki. Get a table at the water:
http://www.saltys.com/seattle/index.asp

Last edited by allforcats; 12-05-2008 at 11:37 PM..

Old 12-05-2008, 11:27 PM

1,093 posts, read 3,423,381 times
Andaluca is a nice romantic restaurant of primarily mediterranean menu influenced by Pacific Northwest ingredients. Located on Olive Way in Seattle...among the establishments mentioned by allforcats

Old 12-06-2008, 07:51 AM

1,632 posts, read 6,841,759 times
AFC, I'm pretty sure that Etta's and Dahlia Lounge are not open for dinner on Christmas. But I could be wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allforcats View Post
To also die for and c'n I please come along? -- any Tom Douglas restaurant, especially Etta and Dahlia Lounge:
Welcome to Tom Douglas Restaurants

Old 12-06-2008, 10:11 AM

44 posts, read 143,252 times
The restaurant at the Space Needle is still accepting reservations for Christmas Day, I booked for a party of four this morning. Dining times are 1pm through to 7pm at a cost of $55 per adult, $19 for children under 12.

Old 12-06-2008, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgersgirl View Post
The restaurant at the Space Needle is still accepting reservations for Christmas Day, I booked for a party of four this morning. Dining times are 1pm through to 7pm at a cost of $55 per adult, $19 for children under 12.
Awesome! I just got reservations! When I looked on line, there were X's for the dates and I couldn't make an online reservation. It just turn out they aren't allowing online reservations. I really appreciate the information!

Old 12-06-2008, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelinWA View Post
AFC, I'm pretty sure that Etta's and Dahlia Lounge are not open for dinner on Christmas. But I could be wrong!
Open table, the online reservation service, wouldn't take reservations for there. I checked before posting my initial question. That's why I needed to post, all the places I could think of weren't taking reservations. However, I learned that the Space Needle wasn't because they wanted credit card info, maybe it's the same for the TD restaurants.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions! It will be our last Christmas in Seattle so we want it to be special. Looks like we are going to pay the big bucks for mediocre food so that we can sit in the spinning disk in the sky - I haven't been to the needle for dinner in over twenty years!

Old 12-06-2008, 01:07 PM

Sounds as though we all learned something about using the phone!!

Have a happy spinning dinner!

Old 12-06-2008, 02:02 PM

1,632 posts, read 6,841,759 times
Phone is definitely good. I didn't check online though - I often walk past the Dahlia Lounge and thought I saw a sign about the holiday recently. But then again, it might have been on any one of the other dozens of businesses that I see everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allforcats View Post
Sounds as though we all learned something about using the phone!!

Have a happy spinning dinner!

Old 12-06-2008, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelinWA View Post
Phone is definitely good. I didn't check online though - I often walk past the Dahlia Lounge and thought I saw a sign about the holiday recently. But then again, it might have been on any one of the other dozens of businesses that I see everyday.
Dear Michael,
Your thoroughly vague and chaotic ramble is SO appreciated by me, who loves to ramble and would be vague and chaotic if I dared, but I daren't... So I admire you. There you go!
Sincerely yours,
AFC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area