Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 09:23 PM

507 posts, read 1,669,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris-Seattle View Post

* What are the most known departement store for buying a TV or electronic stuff or the most known internet website to buy a TV (with good prices of course)
You'll be based in Seattle and therefore should support the 'local' economy buy buying TV's and stuff like that from Amazon.com. They deliver anything (in Seattle even groceries) right to your doorstep, even the next day if needs be...and their customer service is great...they usually have the best prices (for electronics at least) as well....if you want to drive to some mall in the suburbs and get some incompetent pushy service then you should definitely go to BestBuy though...is they're still in business by the time you get here that is
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 10:10 PM

1,630 posts, read 3,884,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SitoUK View Post
...if you want to drive to some mall in the suburbs and get some incompetent pushy service then you should definitely go to BestBuy though...is they're still in business by the time you get here that is
I've actually had nice service at Best Buy in Southcenter ... Fry's in Renton is another story completely - never able to get anyone to help me even when I know exactly what I want.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:45 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,874,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobester View Post
I've actually had nice service at Best Buy in Southcenter ... Fry's in Renton is another story completely - never able to get anyone to help me even when I know exactly what I want.
Really? They never leave me alone, always asking if I needed help or have any questions. (Not that I'm complaining about that... but it is kinda annoying when you just want to browse). Fry's is an awesome store, if you need whatever for your computer or want to build your own computer, they're very affordable and have great quality stuff.

Old 02-20-2012, 12:38 PM

542 posts, read 1,479,215 times
I agree with the poster that said Amazon for electronics. You can read reviews and get great prices. Costco can be good, too. Best Buy is horrible, they are always trying to get you to buy more, service contracts, etc(waste of $$).

I had to laugh at the PPs comments on the iron! Never ironed clothes when living in Seattle either, just stuck then in the dryer for a few minutes, ha! Might be a shock to the OP coming from Paris how little fashion is regarded in Seattle.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:14 PM

542 posts, read 1,479,215 times
Oh yeah, I forgot to add, definitely get comprehnsive insurance. We had both cars broken into, one they tried to steal outright and broke the steering wheel. This was in a good safe neighborhood, so where you live isn't going to change the chance of that happening. Please don't go straight for the gas guzzling big American vehicles. Too many people driving around with SUVs in the PNW that don't even need them for any reason other than to have it. Having a smaller car will also help you with street parking.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:55 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Get the car you want. But sekmet is right about getting full protection. Anyway, you're a sweetheart, and glad to hear that you are coming Seattle-way.

Old 02-21-2012, 06:04 AM

41 posts, read 84,692 times
@ Vinylly :

"Unless you are very rich, most people don't use maids, so that is out of our realm."

That's strange... In France that makes work for a lot of people.
You don't employ "maids service" for all day, just several hours a week. And you don't have to be rich at all ($15 is the higher price). A lot of old peoples need these cleaning ladies without being rich.
Le Bon Marché is much more expensive than other department stores for equal stuff. But it's very "chic" to go shopping there

@ Bill Looney :

thanks for these names I'll check them

@ Seattlenextyear & PollyGlott

lol ! So you don't wear "traditional" shirt ! Because I get perfectly that a lot of clothes don't need to be ironed (example the tee-shirts and jeans of my sons) but some clothes need it !
But as we change of life, we can change our way of clothing too ! lol !
That may be too much changes... no ?

@ SitoUK :

You are right !!! I'm a very very good client of amazon but I totally forgot that they were in Seattle !!!
Amazon is very famliar to me so it's just perfect !

@ Inkpoe :

I know by experience that "build your own computer" is an never-ending story ! Your know when you start it but you never know when you'll end it !

@ sekhmet1974 :

lol ! This story of "never ironing" is incredible !!! It's very funny ! So, Seatlle must be known for being the "crumpled-city" and not the rainy-city anymore
I'm gonna watch carefully each Seattler I'll meet wondering "does he/she irons ?" LOL !

I already have a small car here (FIAT 500) and I wanted something more... american
I've never had 1 accident in 20 years... ! Yes ! So I hope not to have troubles in Seattle but anyway, even without any damages I always have a full portection (which doesn't cost me a lot since I've never had accident - that's the way it's calculated here).

@ wutitiz :

I'm quite sure that I'm gonna have a very good time in your city

Old 02-21-2012, 06:14 AM

41 posts, read 84,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Siobhan View Post
I am not sure about Paris but I lived in Ireland where there were very narrow streets. Most people had compacts as these were easier to navigate on those streets and much more accommodating for street parking. If you are used to driving a small car, I would recommend starting with a nice mid-sized. Size really does matter.
In Paris it's quite the name, the easier way to drive and to park is a small car. But my "american dream" is a big car ! And in fact what I would love will be a pick up ! Like in the movies ! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area