Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 10:42 AM

84 posts, read 170,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagurl View Post
I agree that it can be, at times, massively depressing. You wake up nearly every day to gray clouds, even if it doesn't rain that day. You watch the news, "solar eclipse," "venus can be seen," whatever, and you know that you'll never see any celestial wonders, you've got gray clouds.

Then, dang if that sun doesn't come out, and it's green everywhere, you see the rays glinting off the water, the air feels and smells so fresh and you feel like you landed in paradise. It's stunning. I've lived in a few other states, every place has its pros and cons. However, I love it here and wouldn't live anywhere else . . . even with the miserable traffic. :-)
Miserable traffic? How long does it take you to go 15 miles in the busy directions? Here in D.C., if you're going any distance over 5 miles in any direction other than west, you need to plan for at LEAST a half hour of traffic. I start work at 830, I left my house at 7, I got to the only exit I take off the highway at 815. I only work 13 miles away from home. That means I was doing an average of 6mph. I can't wait for your miserable traffic lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2012, 11:08 AM

5 posts, read 6,497 times
Trade you any day of the week! We moved from Vancouver WA to hot hell (aka Utah) in January, it so treeless, hot, dry, and miserable here! It has been in the mid to upper 90's and even over 100 here almost constantly since mid May, and the air is HORRIBLE and smells so nasty! ICK! We are hoping to be transferring to Bremerton within the next 2 months because all of the kids hate it here, oh and there is NOTHING to do! So cheer up, it could be worse as you could be here.

Old 07-04-2012, 11:51 AM

82 posts, read 288,101 times
Yeah, you could live in Joaquin, Texas. Heard of it? No, there's a reason. It's MISERABLE. Dry, dust bowl, and constantly 100 degrees outside here. Nothing but massive redneck religious people everywhere who beat their wifes on Saturday, and go to church on Sunday, and molest their kids on Mondays. No modern amenities, NOTHING AT ALL. Count yourself lucky, after 22 years of sun, 100 degree temperatures, and a near constantly state of drought I would blow someone to be in your shoes.

Come here, then realize how nice you have it, you'll be chipper then, probably after just 1 week.

Old 07-04-2012, 12:00 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,190,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laceykat View Post
Trade you any day of the week! We moved from Vancouver WA to hot hell (aka Utah) in January, it so treeless, hot, dry, and miserable here! It has been in the mid to upper 90's and even over 100 here almost constantly since mid May, and the air is HORRIBLE and smells so nasty! ICK! We are hoping to be transferring to Bremerton within the next 2 months because all of the kids hate it here, oh and there is NOTHING to do! So cheer up, it could be worse as you could be here.
You're in Utah. What did you expect of the Mormon capitol? 90º - 100º temperatures are nothing. I am originally from Arizona. My tolerances for heat is 115º. Just as long as it's dry heat, that is.

Old 07-04-2012, 01:48 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,742,163 times
Well it's currently a fairly humid 103 in my hometown. But the heat index is only 107, which means it's not too humid. Not to their normal standards, anyway. Does that help?

Old 07-04-2012, 02:46 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,360,632 times
In Chicago it's been 97 and very humid for well over a week now.

The East coast just got slammed with humongous storms and triple digit highs and humidity.

And it does get sunny ... you just have to make use of it.

Old 07-04-2012, 05:38 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,390,347 times
Hey consider yourself lucky where you are OP. You have a beautiful landscape and although the Bay Area isn't too shabby either, compared to Seattle it's way more congested especially since the cities are surrounded by land that will not be developed so traffic here can be a real nightmare by comparison. It's also a lot more expensive here. I won't even get started on my years in San Diego.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:00 PM

1,082 posts, read 2,562,687 times
So Seattle isn't so bad because you live or have lived somewhere even worse? Wow life hasn't been kind to you. What a pathetic argument.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:06 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,871,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evergraystate View Post
So Seattle isn't so bad because you live or have lived somewhere even worse? Wow life hasn't been kind to you. What a pathetic argument.
Yeah, seriously... though I would put the even worse part in quotation marks (since of course, everything is subjective). That kind of commentary doesn't invalidate the OP's feelings about Seattle... And who knows, OP might've like the heat.

Old 07-07-2012, 06:40 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,133,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle2012 View Post
I have 4 friends spending summer in Europe, visiting Paris and Amsterdam, family moving to southern Cali, few other ppl i know visiting Frisco...good friend going on cross country trip all summer and then to Italy...and i am stuck here is Seattle. To make things worse i had to cancel trip to Phoenix and relo is at least a year away...
Yeah, I know how you feel. I been stuck here all my life, the same old rain, clouds, drizzle, leaky roofs, rusty cars, and mud everywhere. Always dark, no sun in the sky, no views of the grandeur of mountains and sea because of the fog and smog everyday without end. Just a distant fog horn on a ferry boat to let you know there is something alive out there somewhere. Ahhhh, how I lust for Paris, Monaco and the Riviera, Rome, Florence or Venice, -even San Diago, or 'Frisco' by the Bay, there is life beyond Seattle, Oh, be gone, be gone from this God Awful Hell Hole called Seattle with it's smog, rust, rain and unrelenting freeway snarls that drive one to maddness and road rage to no end.:cryin g: :c rying::cry ing:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area