Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 08:32 PM

710 posts, read 1,397,947 times

Advertisements

Guess it's all perspective... I haven't seen many rental car companies that let your rent an Audi or BMW model for cheap...

Either way, I use BOTH rentals and Zipcar depending on my needs. Of course there are times when one is worse than the other - I wasn't saying Zipcar was superior in all cases.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2012, 12:58 PM

561 posts, read 1,180,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrman78 View Post
Guess it's all perspective... I haven't seen many rental car companies that let your rent an Audi or BMW model for cheap...

Either way, I use BOTH rentals and Zipcar depending on my needs. Of course there are times when one is worse than the other - I wasn't saying Zipcar was superior in all cases.
I'm curious: How much does Zip charge for luxury & sports cars like Audi, BMW, etc? I can't imagine they'd give you those cars for $70-80/day.

I don't think most rental companies have vehicles that high end, but you can get things like a Nissan Ultima for around $40. And often rental companies run out of economy and compact cars, so they'll give you something higher-end for the same price.

This isn't really an issue for me - as long as it gets decent mpg and doesn't break down, I could give two *bleeps* about what car I get. Functionally, they all do the same thing: get you from point A to point B.

Last edited by Apathizer; 10-01-2012 at 12:59 PM.. Reason: mispelled word

Old 10-01-2012, 01:15 PM

507 posts, read 1,669,210 times
Just let it go, guys I think we can all agree that Zipcar is not the right thing for Apathizer. For many others, including myself, it works really well, despite in certain circumstances being more expensive than rental car.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:36 PM

710 posts, read 1,397,947 times
Ha, yeah, I'm not trying to argue. I was just pointing out that both can be handy. Surprisingly, the luxury cars are only about $10 more a day. An Audi A3 is $82 a day versus a Nissan Sentra, Mazda 3 or Ford Focus that is $72 a day - and those are weekend rates.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:54 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,134,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephei2000 View Post
I posted this in the L.A forum also. I know Seattle is known for tons of outdoor activities. I was wondering if it would be easy to have access to this even if you do not have a car. Currently, I am Chicago and carless and any activity requires getting together with people driving somewhere for at least an hour, or two or more. I feel like it impedes on my social life as I want to do these activities with likeminded people. Is it like that in Seattle as I am considering different places to live.
Walking is always a good activity, and you don't need a car. You'll be surprised who you you will meet on any old hiking trail, if you want social activity. You'll even have the opportunity to meet the local neighborhood dogs. k:

Old 10-05-2012, 10:25 PM

507 posts, read 1,669,210 times
Sound advice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area