Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2008, 12:53 AM

355 posts, read 990,695 times

Advertisements

LOL.....sounds like one of my kids (20's) rubbing it in.....gotta love them. 50 is when life begins!! Yea....might have to have a little Botox and might be doing a little more walking instead of jogging like I use to....but so liberating. It's like being in my carefree 20's again....but much wiser and wealthier. And sure as h... still kicking! And ,I must add, to stay on topic, still open minded....after all, I am a product of the 60's.

Old 03-19-2008, 04:01 PM

1,677 posts, read 6,854,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
Age is a state of mind. Look at Madonna! Wow!

This is a weird and wacky place here... the Seattle and Eastside area. We just got the word that we're finally moving back to where we came from. Yay. BIG YAY! I can't say that we'll miss this place, but it has left it's impression. I'll never gripe about traffic, small parking places, no parking places, rain, more rain, being cold in the rain, rude driver's, things being too expensive, or rude people again. Well - at least, before I do... I'll remind myself what living here was like and remember that things could be worse.

So long, Seattle...
I'm so jealous!! Congrats on getting out!!!

Old 03-19-2008, 05:22 PM

1,683 posts, read 2,709,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughguy View Post
If you solely associate with wrinkled up old codgers who are more dead than alive (50 and up), than you probably will still hear the pathetic lamentations of the Greater Seattleite.
The friendliest neighbors I've had are the ...er... mature folks. Even 20 years ago, I never had any of the old folks have attitude about our moving in.

Actually, the younger natives are so busy with their families who all live here that it's been hard to break in. Retired neighbors have always been very neighborly.

Old 03-19-2008, 11:41 PM

957 posts, read 3,351,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeronikaW View Post
I would never in 100,000 years describe myself as an extrovert, and I'm complaining. I don't want to meet a lifelong friend or anything, but when I say, "hello" to my neighbors, I expect more than being grunted at.

V. =)
After rereading some of these posts, and reading how some natives are just downright rude, I am actually remembering something I saw a couple years ago and it just came back to me. I was watching a Spurs and Sonics game and Tim Duncan (of the Spurs) fell and hurt his ankle. The Sonics fans in the stands were clapping when they found out he was really hurt. After a couple of minutes he got back up and started to try to walk it off. The minute he got up, the Seattleites (sp?) began to boo him. Hey, I understand competition and all, but never in my life have I ever seen someone get booed at for being okay. I can honestly say I was appalled by the poor attitudes of the fans.

What's that about? Are people in Seattle that cruel or are they just that into their Sonics they want other players from other teams to be hurt???

Old 03-20-2008, 12:18 AM

1,989 posts, read 6,598,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingtoLeave View Post
After rereading some of these posts, and reading how some natives are just downright rude, I am actually remembering something I saw a couple years ago and it just came back to me. I was watching a Spurs and Sonics game and Tim Duncan (of the Spurs) fell and hurt his ankle. The Sonics fans in the stands were clapping when they found out he was really hurt. After a couple of minutes he got back up and started to try to walk it off. The minute he got up, the Seattleites (sp?) began to boo him. Hey, I understand competition and all, but never in my life have I ever seen someone get booed at for being okay. I can honestly say I was appalled by the poor attitudes of the fans.

What's that about? Are people in Seattle that cruel or are they just that into their Sonics they want other players from other teams to be hurt???
I remember that well. I think the fans went a little overboard because Ray Allen and Bruce Bowen were feuding at the time. I watched the game tonight against the suns. Leandro Barbosa went down with a sprained ankle after draining a three, and the fans cheered loudly when he got up off the court and was helped to the bench. The point is, in a playoff atmosphere, fans get caught up in the heat of the moment. Freakin Spurs I hope they burn in hell.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:23 AM

Quote:
I remember that well. I think the fans went a little overboard because Ray Allen and Bruce Bowen were feuding at the time. I watched the game tonight against the suns. Leandro Barbosa went down with a sprained ankle after draining a three, and the fans cheered loudly when he got up off the court and was helped to the bench. The point is, in a playoff atmosphere, fans get caught up in the heat of the moment. Freakin Spurs I hope they burn in hell.
Ah, you're proving my point. Burn in hell??? That's crappy! I hate the Lakers but would never say burn in hell...

Well, since the Spurs have had four titles in the recent years, they can do w/o winning another title. They'll eventually have more championship rings than fingers if they keep it up. Perhaps there is some spite there since the Sonics haven't won since the late 70's and that happened to be their only win since who knows how long. There's no denying Spurs kick A$$-look at their track record!

Old 03-20-2008, 09:45 AM

1,989 posts, read 6,598,895 times
Well at least we have something in common (hating the lakers). Since I am non-religious, the phrase burn in hell doesn't mean a whole lot coming from me. So burn in hell south Texas, burn in hell.

Old 03-20-2008, 05:27 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,345,532 times
There's an old line about Canadians, which some might apply to Seattle natives ;
" Like vichyssoire, they're cold, white, and hard to stir."

Old 03-20-2008, 11:42 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
"A little overboard"? That kind of behavior wouldn't be tolerated at a high school game! The kids that booed would get disciplined, maybe even suspended.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:41 PM

Just to chime in cuz I reread the post, it wasn't Bruce Bowen that fell. It was Tim Duncan. Either way, it's s***ty to applaud someone who gets hurt and boo when they are okay. Period-end of story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area