Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 10:20 AM

7,743 posts, read 15,864,026 times

Advertisements

Cozzy's made it pretty clear that s/he's very anti-pot-- there's no point in talking about the validity of pot itself. It'll always be "bad" to that poster.

Anyhow, OP... obviously (if the Federal Gov't doesn't forbid this new deal) you'll have to come after Dec. 6. And good luck on finding someone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 01:50 AM

278 posts, read 636,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShastatoBaker View Post
Love the state, hate the citizens. To be honest, most of you -- vacant of morals as you are -- disgust me.
Which explains why you often sound like a sociopath.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:18 AM

474 posts, read 839,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShastatoBaker View Post
Love the state, hate the citizens. To be honest, most of you -- vacant of morals as you are -- disgust me.
I really hope you're not a Christian -- the only people that disgusted Jesus were the religious leaders and hypocrites. He spent much of his time with prostitutes and sinners.

Old 11-16-2012, 01:42 AM

101 posts, read 201,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
A longtime Pot appreciation festival. Its pretty fun, even for those who don't do pot. Seattle Hempfest Its not that unusual to be smelling weed, seeing the smoke and seeing the cops walking by, totally indifferent to it. They don't care, they're just there to make everything's running smoothly and safely.
I was in that area and saw many people leaving that festival. To be frank, many of them looked like transients. Would not recommend that as a place to go, unless that crowd appeals to you.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:11 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,653,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
Seattle's already weed central. There are 150+ medical marijuana dispensaries within the city alone. From what I understand, if this thing is allowed to get enacted, it's only supposed to be for Washington State residents, so if you're going to buy it, it'll be illegal unless you live here. Plus the Feds probably won't allow it to get enacted.

Nope, legal means legal for anyone over the age of 21.

Finally after California led the way, some additional sanity appears in the failed and immoral war on drugs. Congratulations to the people of Washington and Colorado for upholding the very essence of freedom , that is the freedom to do with your body what you choose. You have truly taken a step foward in mankinds quest for freedom.

ANY country that locks people in caged because they are using an herb that grows anywhere including indoors has no standing in critisizing any other countries human rights record. Many countries around the globe are beginning to see the light of day on this very subject. The people, the pioneers of Washington State and Colorado have sent a loud and clear message that human rights will stage a comeback in the good ol USA too.

Old 11-17-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
So it's not simply that you're disagreeing with most of the people in the state . It's that those people who disagree with you are vacant of morals and disgusting. Nice. Glad you're honest, but who asked you?
wow that seems harsh.

Old 11-17-2012, 04:54 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,330,094 times
No. Harsh would be stating that they love the state, and hate the people for voting in the marijuana initiative, that they were all morally vacant and disgusting. Not everyone who voted for the initiative had the same reasons for voting for it. Some people simply thought that drug abuse is more of a social problem and should not be treated as a crime, that spending money on enforcing marijuana laws didn't seem to have any effect at all keeping people from smoking it. Others voted for it because they wanted to get high. But they would've broken the law to do it anyway. I try to withhold judgement, it doesn't serve me to call people names like morally vacant and disgusting. I can disagree with people and keep it a more civil conversation.

Old 11-17-2012, 05:15 PM

Quote:
No. Harsh would be stating that they love the state, and hate the people for voting in the marijuana initiative, that they were all morally vacant and disgusting. Not everyone who voted for the initiative had the same reasons for voting for it. Some people simply thought that drug abuse is more of a social problem and should not be treated as a crime, that spending money on enforcing marijuana laws didn't seem to have any effect at all keeping people from smoking it. Others voted for it because they wanted to get high. But they would've broken the law to do it anyway. I try to withhold judgement, it doesn't serve me to call people names like morally vacant and disgusting. I can disagree with people and keep it a more civil conversation.
He was complaining about the people here and then you respond with a comment like that?
Then you probably wonder why people say that sort of thing.

How do you explain the fact that there are less churches here then any other place in the US?
That doesn't mean people are less moral here, but I think there is enough evidence that someone could make the case that people are less religious here. whether that means less morals not sure.

I don't have a problem with legalzing pot.
I think it should be decriminalized, but i have no interest in smoking it.
However his comments were not about that, they were more about the people in this area.
And to be fair, I do prefer the people in other regions, particularly the south to here.
But I like my job better here, so I happy living here. but he isnt the first person to complain about people here.

Old 11-17-2012, 05:22 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,330,094 times
You know, I sort of actually agree with you on this. Seattle people can be cold and unwelcoming and unemotional. I have no problem with people complaining about the people of Seattle. I understand it. I just don't like to be insulted. And to me, being called immoral and disgusting is an insult.

Old 11-17-2012, 05:31 PM

Quote:
You know, I sort of actually agree with you on this. Seattle people can be cold and unwelcoming and unemotional. I have no problem with people complaining about the people of Seattle. I understand it. I just don't like to be insulted. And to me, being called immoral and disgusting is an insult.
yes, that was really one of the more disappointing things that and the cost of a house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area