Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 07:03 PM

2,173 posts, read 4,410,251 times

Advertisements

I found online dating to work really well here for a guy. While I thought online dating sucked bad in CA. Other means of meeting females to me are overrated. Bars were great in my 20's but I'm way, way past those days. Things like hiking meetups and other types of getting out and networking socially are so "hit or miss". I have been to so many meetup groups and social events where there just wasn't anyone there I was interested in. And it takes so much time, energy and effort to get out to all that stuff. Where online dating you can be on your couch watching sports and getting dates. You can also target what your looking for with online dating. When you get out to meetup groups it is so random who show's up in terms of ages, looks, etc...

So contrary to so many people bashing online dating, I still find it the most efficient way to date. Far from perfect, but there is no better mousetrap I know of.

Old 06-09-2013, 07:22 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Interesting point, ctr. So online dating is better, because it allows you to be a couch potato, but IRL activities are a drag, because you have to be...active? And there's not much return for time and effort expended, I get that. But how's the quality of women you meet and date online? A lot of guys complain about that. Maybe you've been lucky.

Yeah, hiking, etc. is very hit-and-miss, but so is life in general. You can socialize for a couple of years and not meet anyone you're interested in, even if your friends set you up. That's just the nature of the mating game. At least when you're hiking, you get in a good hike and some great scenery. Or at the gym, you're there working out anyway, how great is it when you meet someone you hit it off with?

Different strokes, I guess. Whatever works. More power to you!

Old 06-10-2013, 10:11 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times
I really hope that OP's questions were answered earlier in the thread. Well, because, once again we go on to discuss things that don't pertain to the OP's original query.

For 24/7 discussion on relationships/dating/etc, feel free to visit the Relationships forum.

Folks, if we can't keep these kinds of threads Seattle-centric, they'll have to keep ending.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area