Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2013, 12:37 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,591,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt144 View Post
I dont even know how these generalizations were even formed. Dallas = Rich people? What? How?

Did you forget the TV show Dallas?

Old 10-20-2013, 12:41 AM

71 posts, read 113,942 times
LOL, I was a baby then. Also, If anything I associate Dallas with sprawl and trashy bouffants.

Old 10-20-2013, 12:24 PM

1,111 posts, read 2,333,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
You make Midwestern men sound like cattle. Beefy, hunky braindead men, fattened and ready for slaughter.

My husband is Midwest born and bred. He hates football, likes books, and can hold an intelligent conversation. Maybe I just got lucky.
There are intelligent men who love football...I wish there were more of them. It's one of those things that I just expected out of men all the time.

If any single females thinking of moving to Seattle are reading this, let me put it like this: men in Seattle overall make interesting platonic friends. They are the kind of men who are good for sharing music. They are good for holding your purse for you while you change a flat tire on your car by yourself. They are good for cooking organic, soy-free, meat-free, lactose-free, sugar-free, non-processed meals with and sharing recipes. But not the kind of men that you'd really care to date, and certainly not the kind who will do much for your libido. And from the posts here, it looks like the men are perceiving the same about the women here.

Old 10-20-2013, 02:36 PM

1,359 posts, read 2,482,293 times
I think a lot of the issues brought up in this thread are a West Coast iteration of this:

Why have young people in Japan stopped having sex? | World news | The Observer

Old 10-20-2013, 03:10 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,833,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidamarink View Post
There are intelligent men who love football...I wish there were more of them. It's one of those things that I just expected out of men all the time.

If any single females thinking of moving to Seattle are reading this, let me put it like this: men in Seattle overall make interesting platonic friends. They are the kind of men who are good for sharing music. They are good for holding your purse for you while you change a flat tire on your car by yourself. They are good for cooking organic, soy-free, meat-free, lactose-free, sugar-free, non-processed meals with and sharing recipes. But not the kind of men that you'd really care to date, and certainly not the kind who will do much for your libido. And from the posts here, it looks like the men are perceiving the same about the women here.
Considering how asexual, cold and unfriendly is the average Seattle woman, I cannot say they do much to increase male libido either. The fact that they dress as unattractive as possible also helps ward off the male drives.. As strange as it sounds, a friendly girl who smiles, even if she is not that attractive will gain more male attention then the snotty, cold, unfriendly girl who has good looks and a nice figure. Being sweet and feminine is actually sexually arousing to most men.. Seattle women will never understand..

I have noticed that there are a few neighborhoods of Seattle that do have some of the manly, rough and rowdy, meaty types.. Some of the sports bars in Tangle Town and Shoreline you will meet them.

If any woman desires to be around their fair share of meaty, rough, loud, rowdy, macho guys come take a trip to Doyles in Tacoma.. It's a tough guy extravaganza.. Personally, I couldn't stand the atmosphere, due to be a bit overblown in the meat department.. It just felt like a sausage fest.. There is a lot of miltary guys there. Tacoma seems to have a lot of these kind of places. If you so much remotely want an intellectual conversation of some sort, then you will not find it here, however.

Old 10-20-2013, 03:23 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,777,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaiunmei View Post
I think a lot of the issues brought up in this thread are a West Coast iteration of this:

Why have young people in Japan stopped having sex? | World news | The Observer
No. In Japan, women equate relationships and sex with losing their careers. The culture is completely behind the times, and young people don't want to buy into that. In America, you can get married AND keep your job.

Plus, if I had to take a shower before and after sex, I'd probably have a lot less of it too.

Old 10-20-2013, 03:24 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,458,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
The men in the rural PNW are every bit as masculine as the men in the midwest...
I never said they weren't masculine. I was simply describing certain physical attributes that traditionally are considered masculine. I don't think a less hunky looking man is any less masculine than a hunky one regarding personality or character-wise.

That just goes to the idea that attractiveness is based too much on physical appearance which is too superficial at best. One of the most handsome, masculine looking men I ever met had the most trouble getting a second date let alone establishing a relationship. The reason was, the women were attracted to the gorgeous face and tall hunky body but after one date they saw what a boring, conceited jerk he was and wouldn't give him a second one. He was so wrapped up in his looks, he never bothered to develop a personality.

Old 10-20-2013, 03:29 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,777,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidamarink View Post

Why wouldn't you want to date them? Seattle has some of the cutest guys anywhere. I <3 guys with glasses though, so maybe I'm a weirdo.

Old 10-20-2013, 03:34 PM

265 posts, read 722,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
The men in the rural PNW are every bit as masculine as the men in the midwest...
I live out in Port Angeles and we often go to Forks and more rural areas. Though the men definitely are not effeminate which is great, there is a completely different look about them. There is also a huge difference in behavior or social understanding. There is a difference between being a tough, manly guy and a redneck.

Old 10-20-2013, 03:36 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,833,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
Why wouldn't you want to date them? Seattle has some of the cutest guys anywhere. I <3 guys with glasses though, so maybe I'm a weirdo.
I too got confused.. From her previous post, I thought she was finding the softer, more intellectual and culturally vibrant men of Seattle to be more attractive.. It sounds like her last post contradicted her previous..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area