Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 08:54 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,874,077 times

Advertisements

Hockey: we have seattlethunderbirds.com I have a couple friends who enjoys going to these games (they're definitely waiting for NHL). It's in Kent.

Of course, it gets cheaper the further away from Seattle. Though I'm not sure why PP thinks there's no express lanes down there (it ends in Pierce county). Federal Way has a huge Park and Ride/transit center for Public transit to Seattle. Auburn has the Sounder train. It is otherwise "suburbia" and easier to get around with a car.

Friends say the Seattle's homeless issue is far worse than Denver.

I don't find U-District cheaper. For the more urban experience, without the car central, look into Lake City, Columbia City area, White Center/Southern parts of West Seattle.

You might also check into northern/DT Tacoma, but a lot of people will try to scare you off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2013, 10:43 AM

615 posts, read 1,075,763 times
Quote:
How is the downtown area? safe? expensive? homeless people everywhere like Denver?
Think Denver on the ocean and you get the idea.

Old 11-01-2013, 06:31 PM

9 posts, read 10,004 times
homeless pirates?

Old 11-01-2013, 07:31 PM

405 posts, read 1,279,549 times
I love Seattle.
Its my favorite town in all the US.
The people are cool and its incredibly beautifull.
I'm in San Francisco but I get up there to visit friends every chance I get.
You can take these boat tours out to the islands on the Puget Sound.
You can spend most of the day out there, stop for lunch, etc.
You can look behind you as yer going out and take in the majestic Seattle skyline over the water.
Its a one of a kind scene and takes yer breath away.
Pioneer Square is also interesting.
Lots of quaint little shops and cafes up and down the street.
And if you get the chance you can take in the Seahawks at the Kingdome.
You also have the Olympic Park a little further out but well worth the drive.
Lake Crescent (near Port Angeles) is a great place to spend some time.
There an abundance of magnificent scenery and things to do in the area.
One o these days I'm going to pull up stakes and move there.

Old 11-01-2013, 09:26 PM

9 posts, read 10,004 times
gm, from my research, what you just said is the reason I want to move there. Forget the clouds/dreary/and rain. I feel all th other things would make up for it.

Old 11-03-2013, 12:24 PM

895 posts, read 1,703,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Bellevue or anywhere on the East side fits the bill
Disregard this post.

In all seriousness, Capitol Hill and Fremont are the youngest neighborhoods with the most nightlife. Belltown certainly has some nightlife but I don't think of it as a "desirable" neighborhood. It is more of a spot that people from the city and surrounding suburbs venture out to to go clubbing and play "big city gangsta" as some people say, but as a whole it's not the most residential friendly. And if you're concerned about living around too many homeless people, it is definitely not an option.
The U-District is younger but the actual neighborhood is not as happening as Cap Hill/Fremont. The "nightlife" there consists mostly of frat parties, which I don't assume would be your scene.
Ballard, Queen Anne, Columbia City and Georgetown may also be worth looking into but from what you described I think Cap Hill or Fremont would be your best bet, especially if you desire vibrant nightlife.

Last edited by Rcsligar; 11-03-2013 at 12:32 PM..

Old 11-03-2013, 01:10 PM

486 posts, read 842,957 times
I will chime in on the hockey front....

Seattle has the Thunderbirds (Western Hockey League) - Average Attendance 2013-14: 3,680/game - Showare Center in Kent.

Everett has the Silvertips (Western Hockey League) - Average Attendance 2013-14: 4,716/game - Comcast Arena in Everett.

Portland has the Winterhawks (Western Hockey League) - Average Attendance 2013-14: 6,342/game - Moda Center in Portland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area