Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 04:45 PM

12 posts, read 25,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCookie View Post
Hm, we're moving to the area too and looking at schools and Ardmore doesn't sound good to me at all...4 out of 10 rating, low test scores, high percentage of free-lunch program students...not to say you couldn't have had a good experience, but it's not what I would define as a good school from a distance, especially compared to many others in the area.

From our research, it looks like while Bellevue seems very nice and lively and convenient, it's also super expensive and there's not much to be found for a reasonable price range. The best combination of excellent schools and reasonable home prices seems to be in Sammamish, Issaquah, and parts of Redmond, with the disadvantage of it being a bit more remote and less convenient. But Sammamish is probably where we'll be looking to buy later on.
I do see how you'd think it wouldn't be a good school because of the ratings. I thought that too. But from what we saw it's because that school is the dumping ground for Microsoft kids....which alot come from out of the country. That score is based solely on the testing scores and these kids aren't familiar with the US testing. I absolutely loved that school. Very up to date in technology, well maintained, great teachers. I'm really trying to get back to that area....I just don't want an apartment and houses for rent over there are scarce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area