Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2016, 08:44 AM

1,108 posts, read 3,321,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatsbyGatz View Post
When most of the people you encounter aren't even from the state of Washington these days, this is not that relevant anymore. Common sense tells you that there's nothing about a physical location that causes people to act a certain way. No voodoo magic makes people living here more or less inclined to behave in certain ways. Any number of factors and personal experiences influence social dynamics. Plus, if someone is feeling like they have no friends and is a loner, clearly those are the kind of people who will flock online to blame everyone around them.
Some additional considerations:

*Seattle has long been a paradise for pot heads and recreational drug users.
*Seattle is a niche for militant atheists that want to get in everyone's face.
*Seattle is a niche for militant lesbians that do not live and let live.
*Seattle does have a fractured social milieu were people really do not speak to each other.
*Seattle has really, really foolish social wackos advertising their twisted beliefs with bumper stickers.

These factors combined contribute heavily to an overall malaise in Seattle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2016, 11:44 PM

8,869 posts, read 6,874,754 times
I hardly ever hear about people's religions or lack of religion here. Maybe that's because I don't bring it up. It's hard to imagine a "militant" statement unless you start it.

Old 10-23-2016, 05:50 PM

1,348 posts, read 707,431 times
the weather and traffic in wester washington is terrible

Old 10-23-2016, 05:53 PM

1,348 posts, read 707,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Which is preferable to sunny and hot. A less intense sun angle and moderate temperatures all year is great.
no it is not

Old 10-23-2016, 07:44 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,042,331 times
I keep seeing this stuff about militant atheists. As we say on the Internet, dox plox.

Old 10-23-2016, 07:52 PM

810 posts, read 852,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessoftheCape View Post
I hated Seattle. I love Skagit County. I also think I would enjoy living in Kitsap, Jefferson or Clallam Counties.

Seattle lacks a soul. It's a city utterly devoid of a unique culture or even its own compelling vibe. Its citizenry shamble around like zombies, intermingling at will with the massive homeless population. The people who find Seattle terrible are reasonable. It's the city itself that isn't.
devoid of culture you are completely wrong about that you must never venture out of the place you live in. Seattle is a very vibrant community with many things to do and see. From sports, to the arts and anything in between.

Old 10-23-2016, 08:55 PM

26,426 posts, read 46,591,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav51lin View Post
no it is not
It is preferable to someone like myself who has mostly northern European ancestry. I don't even apply for positions in the southern 1/2 of the US because of this preference.

Old 12-30-2016, 05:23 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,777,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just.No View Post
Okay....

I heard that NYC has really cheap street food.
It does and the food is pretty good.

Old 12-31-2016, 12:42 AM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays25 View Post
I hardly ever hear about people's religions or lack of religion here. Maybe that's because I don't bring it up. It's hard to imagine a "militant" statement unless you start it.
This. Religion is never discussed. It just doesn't come up in conversations, so no one knows who's an atheist, who's a Buddhist, who's some Christian denomination. And nobody cares. Same with sexual orientation. I lived in Seattle for over 10 years, and never met these mythical militant lesbians, or any lesbian.

Old 12-31-2016, 07:30 AM

2,077 posts, read 2,018,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DP79 View Post
Let's just cut to the chase when giving people moving advice: half the people that move there can't stand the place and leave within 5 years. Someone please tell me I'm wrong. I would love to hear a more favorable percentage so y'all can justify the brainwashing that takes place on this site.
NO !
I just cannot afford to live here anymore and am very upset about it . Nothing anyone can do about it either it is what it is. This is after nearly a decade . Very unhappy to have to leave or move year after year to something lower and lower My original goal was to stay here until my daughter graduates( she is in 10th) but after I got a look at my new lease renewal I'll be lucky to hang on to the end of the school year- it ended up being $250 higher total I think I mentioned a different amount on another thread but after going to the office here this is what it came down too AND it's in Tacoma- I just came from Everett last year. Cannot keep moving every year, husband being laid off did not help but still.

Last edited by DutchessCottonPuff; 12-31-2016 at 08:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area