Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 02:29 PM

279 posts, read 479,914 times

Advertisements

What kind of "HARD" data are we talking about??? Hmmm. See what I did there? Is it me or am I the only one that thinks that's hysterical? lol

Old 04-09-2015, 02:52 PM

415 posts, read 490,477 times
Should our gay brothers count themselves lucky that they don't have to worry about charming and pleasing women? I've heard the answer to the riddle, "What do women want?" is either for men to know without having to be told or more plainly just "MORE!" I'm not sure if the gay guys should be envied; I'm sure they have their own special drama to be of concern. No matter, I doubt that the sausage fest that is Seattle demographics is of much benefit to them either...

As far as hard data goes, I doubt our original poster has enough evidence to make any real scientific conclusions. Nevertheless a rigorous study would be very interesting. If we can get a proper study proposal designed we should have no trouble getting funding from all the sad and lonely guys who earn well enough to pay to get a look at the conclusions.

Old 04-11-2015, 01:34 PM

305 posts, read 449,936 times
God, I was in Seattle the other week for work and what a bunch of fugly women there are there. Chunky black glasses, no make up, sweatshirts, backward hats... They look like a bunch of Steve Urkel clones. And those are the ones that even come out of the house. The ratio in most bars is atrocious, like 10 dudes to every 1 chick. No wonder so many guys turn gay.

Old 04-11-2015, 02:11 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,828,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DP79 View Post
God, I was in Seattle the other week for work and what a bunch of fugly women there are there. Chunky black glasses, no make up, sweatshirts, backward hats... They look like a bunch of Steve Urkel clones. And those are the ones that even come out of the house. The ratio in most bars is atrocious, like 10 dudes to every 1 chick. No wonder so many guys turn gay.
One thing about Seattle and other Washington cities I have notice is that you will not see women at bars. Except, if they are on a date with their manfriend.. Bars are just not places that women in the Northwest go.. Bars, have traditionally been here a place where men go out after work to congregate while women are at home tending the house. I am wondering if that old mentality still lives in the psych of many women here. A bar is not a place to socialize, but a place for a hookup, if you are female. This is probably contrary to some "party" cities in the world, where people just go out to have fun at bars and they are places to socialize.

Old 04-11-2015, 02:31 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,861,884 times
Quote:
You're looking in the wrong places. Go downtown, hang out at the popular lunch spots for the young lawyers and the office crowd. You'll see a parade of fine women! Try the U District at lunch, or the UW campus, not only for students, but staff. Go to Greenlake after 5 pm or on weekends, when the professionals who live in the area are wearing their running shorts and skimpy tops.

Dude, you were only there a week, and you didn't know the primo hunting locations. Your bad. Do advance research next time.

Old 04-11-2015, 04:00 PM

279 posts, read 479,914 times
Quote:

OMG DUDE... You hit the nail on the F-ing head. This is the whole reason I became gay. I mean really how inconsiderate of all these women to not wear makeup, not dress hot and be out of physical shape! I bet they aren't even good at making sandwiches or doing dishes either. HOW DARE THEM!! I think a protest is in order.

Old 04-11-2015, 04:55 PM

1,111 posts, read 2,331,840 times
Quote:
Just import a bride from one of the Sunbelt states. That's what Bellevue businessmen do. :P

Old 04-12-2015, 10:18 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,255,944 times
Quote:
Attractive women hide themselves in their houses most of the time. Wait till summer or go to music/sport events and parties and you'll see them come out.

Come back here for Freaknight. The number of super hot women will freak you out.

Old 04-15-2015, 01:29 AM

2,919 posts, read 3,185,706 times
There are tons of beautiful women in Seattle, but good luck getting dates with them. Seattle has one of the highest single male to single female ratio's in the USA, supposedly, according to the Natl Geographic singles map which you can google and check out online. I know firsthand, that the pickings are slim in Seattle, and has been for years now. Not so bad around 12 years ago. But with all the tech companies hiring over the years in Seattle, which tend to hire mainly men, I believe, the demographics have been altered heavily. So demographics in my opinion, is why it is so hard for a single man in Seattle, to date, and find for himself a comparable single lady. I would think maybe church, or some spiritual center, or meet ups may be the way to go in Seattle, or joining some various groups and etc.

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 04-15-2015 at 01:39 AM..

Old 04-15-2015, 03:19 AM

3,533 posts, read 5,828,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
There are tons of beautiful women in Seattle, but good luck getting dates with them. Seattle has one of the highest single male to single female ratio's in the USA, supposedly, according to the Natl Geographic singles map which you can google and check out online. I know firsthand, that the pickings are slim in Seattle, and has been for years now. Not so bad around 12 years ago. But with all the tech companies hiring over the years in Seattle, which tend to hire mainly men, I believe, the demographics have been altered heavily. So demographics in my opinion, is why it is so hard for a single man in Seattle, to date, and find for himself a comparable single lady. I would think maybe church, or some spiritual center, or meet ups may be the way to go in Seattle, or joining some various groups and etc.
Forget Seattle meetups, it is always 50 egocentric and socially inept men to every 3 bizarre, alcoholic or mentally deranged women.

The National Geographic Singles Map.. Gotta love that.. What a resource..

I tend to feel Seattle's ego may be the biggest problem why people of both genders cannot get dates..

People need to just chill out and stop being so full of themselves and maybe they can finally get to know each other a little better. Instead, people are so caught up in making impressions to the point where their ostensible behavior becomes their adopted persona and they forget about their previous humanity. If a person cannot accept the futility of themselves, how can they fall in love with another person who will sooner or later prove to be futile, to some degree or other, as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area