Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 06:37 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times

Advertisements

Seattle is the most beautiful city at night and by day in the world. Period.

Go Seahawks, go away Mariners and come back Sonics. Period.

Kinda has a little ring to it after ya say it a few times, doesn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 08:46 AM

9,618 posts, read 27,345,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Seattle is the most beautiful city at night and by day in the world. Period.

Kinda has a little ring to it after ya say it a few times, doesn't it?
I feel like I'm the only Mariner fan left in the world. I go to a tavern that has sports events on TV, and they show Seahawks games, and Sounders games. When there's a Mariner game being played? They're showing college football, teams that aren't local.
So take it back, Elko. You can ignore the Mariners like everyone else does. They don't have to go away. Besides, give them a year or two, and they'll be good.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:00 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
I feel like I'm the only Mariner fan left in the world. I go to a tavern that has sports events on TV, and they show Seahawks games, and Sounders games. When there's a Mariner game being played? They're showing college football, teams that aren't local.
So take it back, Elko. You can ignore the Mariners like everyone else does. They don't have to go away. Besides, give them a year or two, and they'll be good.
I like your positivity and you might be right too!

Old 09-30-2015, 10:23 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,619,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
I just moved to Seattle and I'm a night owl myself... I should note that I'm originally from Seattle, but left in 1980 for my careers.

Being in my early 50s and retired, I have plenty of free time in my hands now. I can tell you that Seattle is pretty active up to and past 1am... Not NYC active where I use to live, but enough to keep me entertained. I tend to my clothing/food shopping around 6pm to 9pm and I'm still into vinyl records, CDs and DVDs, so I hit the record shops (Silver Platters in SoDo) between 8pm to 10pm.

I'm also into jazz and various types of music, so when I go out, I pretty much start my evenings around 9:30-10pm. First, by getting something to eat and normally show up at the club at 11pm and stay till they close around 2am. I'm not a heavy drinker and tend to stop drinking any liquor around 12:30am since I drive... I love driving at night!! Also, what I love about Seattle is that each neighborhood is slightly different. So, a place in Georgetown will be different than a place in Ballard... Verse a place in Columbia City... All cool, but with different vibes!!

If you haven't been to Seattle or it's been a while, come for a week and see for yourself and go from there. Trust me, Seattle is full of night owls!! Good luck!!!
Excellent information.

Good to know that there are other night owls like myself out there.

I will be planning a trip in the next few weeks to visit.

Thanks all for the great information.

Definitely left a positive impression of Seattle on my mind.

Old 09-30-2015, 04:08 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times
Actually I'll just shut up about the Mariner's - I like them more than the Sounders and I am a bit of a Mariner's fan. I'm just frustrated by their play. I mean, 116 wins - 2001 season - remember? And to the M's fortune the Twin Tower attack occurs and the Yankees come outta the woodwork to eliminate them from the playoffs! That year takes the cake - most of the seasons are without too much drama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: