Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 03:48 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,042,331 times

Advertisements

I have a rental home- a small 720 sq one- west of Northgate, Licton Springs- and I may be losing my tenant within the year. I'm trying to prepare and see what I could rent it for if it comes to that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2016, 06:12 PM

2,148 posts, read 2,926,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDonkey View Post
Rents do look to have leveled off, at least in the "north" of North Seattle. It is possible that the rumored Boeing job cuts could be having an impact. If they do bump his rent up 10%+, he'll have time (60 days) and should have options.
I live in northgate near the northgate mall.

Old 04-02-2016, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MafHoney View Post
Depends on where you are, and when the renewal is up. Ours was coming up this June, which is the worst time to try and move and get a fair deal (since everyone wants to move in the summer). Our building in Ballard is also right at a year old so we figured we'd have that against us. Brand new building, desireable area, summer renewal. We got our rate last week and it was only going up by $75. Compared to when we lived in Redmond and our renewal rate there was $250. We resigned immediately - $75 a month is not anywhere close to the hassle of packing and moving. Plus, we're still paying less than what our floorplan is currently renting for to new residents.
Raising the rent $75 a month is tolerable.

Old 04-02-2016, 06:25 PM

If my rent goes from $1200 a month to $1400 a month than there is a 100% chance I will move to another building.

Old 04-02-2016, 07:31 PM

12,843 posts, read 9,573,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmFest View Post
Nope. Just a few posters on the Seattle city-data forum. This is not representative of Seattle locales.
Sad. But seems common among all CD, not just Seattle. Go check the San Diego forum.

Old 04-02-2016, 09:58 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,345,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmswazey View Post
I have a rental home- a small 720 sq one- west of Northgate, Licton Springs- and I may be losing my tenant within the year. I'm trying to prepare and see what I could rent it for if it comes to that.
A lot more than you could have 3-4 years ago. Off the top of my head, I'd say probably somewhere in the 15-1800 dollar range, for an older home that size in Licton Springs? would be about the going rate. If it's newer, or spectacular, then more. Even the small 40's boxes, in not particularly good condition, generally rent for at least 14-1500.

Old 04-02-2016, 10:04 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,042,331 times
Cool. It's older (1930s)small but well maintained (new roof, newer windows, newer flooring) with fenced in yard. Kitchen could use updating but I may do some stuff between tenants.

Old 06-01-2016, 12:21 AM

My apartment lease in northgate seattle expires august 1st 2016. My landlord hasn't sent me lease renewal papers yet. Is this a good or bad sign?

Old 06-01-2016, 12:40 AM

3,533 posts, read 5,832,463 times
Seattle prices are only going to go up.. There is thing called land.. Seattle doesn't have enough of it.. It never stopped people moving to one of the many other 100s of other overcrowded and overpriced cities in the world. Look at San Francisco, New York, Hong Kong, Tokyo for examples. The developers just start building upwards and increase the prices of properties and people move into smaller and smaller accommodations and even once affluent people, who are professionals, will find themselves sharing 1 or 2 bedroom apartments, just to make ends meet.

The only hope for Seattle area becoming affordable is if Tacoma becomes a real city. IT appears Tacoma is on the upswing and many neighborhoods are really becoming desirable. People finally figured out that the rusty and gritty city to the South is a hidden gem that offers many things that Seattle couldn't. One, being astonishing views that are even superior to Seattle. You just have to see past the barb wire and smoke stacks. If Seattle businesses, like tech companies, etc can move their operations to Tacoma, for the cheaper rent, taxes (Pierce vs King County), etc, there may be potential for Tacoma to become the next best city.

Old 06-01-2016, 08:53 AM

1,279 posts, read 1,836,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
In my opinion northgate is one of seattles best kept secrets.
The very last apartment I lived in was in Northgate. That was a long time ago, but I agree, your money went far there and it was easy to bypass a lot of traffic into downtown just by taking Roosevelt down and jumping on I-5 by UW. Nice area too. West Seattle was not bad either, but more ghetto areas. I didn't see any ghettos in the Northgate area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area