Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 03:42 PM

71 posts, read 65,219 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I am planning to visit Seattle the upcoming Spring.
I have never been in Washington.
Does anyone have places to visit?
Thanks to everyone for any kind advises.
A
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2018, 03:49 PM

14,487 posts, read 12,121,454 times
How long are you staying? Will you be confined to just Seattle, or can you take road trips? Makes a big difference in your options

And a few clues about what you like... more city/urban things, or nature/wildlife things?

Old 02-23-2018, 04:06 PM

71 posts, read 65,219 times
Hi, thanks.
I have a weekend. I would prefer to stay in Seattle.

Old 02-23-2018, 04:12 PM

14,487 posts, read 12,121,454 times
I would recommend going to the Aquarium! Down on the waterfront.

And take a ferry boat ride... anywhere. For a uniquely Seattle experience... You can walk on.... just stay on the ferry and ride it round trip.

Old 02-23-2018, 04:15 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,304,797 times
Hi Asphalt,

Don't miss the Pike Place Market, try to go in the morning before all the tourists get there. Some other ideas:

-Catch a ferry to Bainbridge Island and back. You can even walk from the ferry to the charming little town of Winslow.
-Go to the International District (ID), check out amazing Uwajimaya Market, go to the very good Wing Luke Museum (Museum of Asian American migration and presence in Seattle. Then just wander the ID, grab some hole in the wall food.
-Take the Underground Seattle tour, here is the link: http://www.undergroundtour.com
-Take the monorail from downtown to the Seattle Center. In one area, you can visit Mopop Museum, Space Needle and Chihuly Garden and Glass.
-Go check out the very cool Ballard Locks, walk across, take the ramp underground and see the salmon running up the fish ladder.
-If you have a car or Car2Go, go to Magnolia and hike Discovery Park bluffs, woods, lighthouse and beach, really pretty.
-Catch a drink/dinner at a restaurant looking west to catch the sunset.
-Go to Bathtub Gin speakeasy, trust me, its cool. Have dinner at Green Leaf provincial Vietnamese in Belltown.
-Wander around Fremont, see its funkiness, the Troll under the bridge is a must.
-Eat some sushi/sashimi/fresh seafood here. Tasty.
-Don't know what your budget is but a seaplane ride tour of Seattle is fantastic. (they leave from Lake Union just north of downtown).

Here is another City Data thread that asked a similar question as yours: //www.city-data.com/forum/seatt...t-seattle.html

Last edited by homesinseattle; 02-23-2018 at 05:41 PM..

Old 02-23-2018, 07:39 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,206,701 times
With our spring rain and mountain snow melting, Snoqualmie Falls will be spectacular, but even staying in Seattle, that’s a very short visit. Lots of good suggestions for in the city, but you won’t get any sleep at all if you try to do them all. Google the, look at pictures and then put into priority order based on your interest. I will add the Fremont Troll and Bubble Gum Wall.

Old 02-23-2018, 08:00 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,948,846 times
I think all are good suggestions except for seeing an Asian supermarket------- unless the OP is from West Virginia than it might be a novelty.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:28 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,937,427 times
Skip the underwhelming Aquarium and underwhelming Snoqualmie Falls.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:47 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,304,797 times
87112, have you been in Uwajimaya? It's not just any Asian market, has a great bookstore, seafood section and food court. I've been going there for years and I always seem to run into something interesting. Good place also to park to launch into a couple of hours in the ID.

Old 02-23-2018, 10:12 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,870,368 times
the Anthony Bourdain (he's a chef and food/travel writer) show he did in Seattle was pretty awesome, I want to eat at the Mediterranean restaurant he went to-

haven't been since I hitch hiked there with friends oh maybe 30 years ago (I think we are going again in June)-

but here is a list of all the places he went-

All the Places Anthony Bourdain Went While He Was in Seattle | Travel + Leisure

I encourage you to watch the episode though, OP!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area