Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 04:59 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,446,414 times

Advertisements

2 coyote pups hanging around gate 4 of the Alaska Marine Lines Terminal E Marginal way. They were there when I went in and when i left about 2 hours later.

They looked scruffy and malnourished, confused, lost. Not very big, about 10lbs. Maybe their mom got run over near there? Sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2018, 03:22 PM

17 posts, read 22,929 times
A few weeks ago I was sitting in my SoDo office, looking out the window onto 1st Ave. Middle of the hot afternoon, and I see a big white guy, probably in his 30's and like 230 lbs, COMPLETELY naked - no shoes, not a stitch on him - strolling in a daze on the sidewalk, southbound sort of heading towards the West Seattle Bridge. The guy was clearly messed up on something, but was a particularly weird sight in that he was youngish and heavy set, whereas many homeless are understandably undernourished. No one in my office noticed apparently. I got up and went outside and called the police...

The man eventually turned right (west) on Hinds and started ambling around aimlessly. I kept an eye on him until the cops arrived. Not sure how that interaction went as I was still hanging on 1st Ave, and the police intercepted him around Hinds / Colorado.

Just another day in the Emerald City!

Old 08-20-2018, 09:53 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times
Wonder if he was high on PCP.

Old 08-20-2018, 05:45 PM

17 posts, read 22,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Wonder if he was high on PCP.

Dude was clearly on... something. I'm not an expert on PCP but this dude seemed pretty chill and out of it, more zombie-like than agitated. But who knows.

It was just so strange because when I saw him initially at 1st and Horton, there wasn't any visible response to him yet from the general public (there weren't any other pedestrians nearby, and at that particular moment there was a lull in traffic so there weren't really any motorists around to react to him in any particular way). It's like somehow everyone failed to notice this guy entirely, so he could just walk around 1st Ave in the middle of a busy day in SoDo completely naked and got no apparent reaction whatsoever. Very strange. Made me wonder how long had this guy been wandering around? How I am I the first one to do anything about it? like only I could see him or something.

Then when he turned down Hinds... well there's not really **** down there. A bunch of cars parked but no one happened to be going in and out of that area so he just keeps strolling around completely naked and STILL as though he went completely undetected, somehow.

All in all I was maintaining visual contact with this guy for several minutes before the cops showed up. While I was on the phone with 911 (while standing in the Lumber Liquidators parking lot), another passerby on my side of the street said he'd called the cops also. Apparently we were the only two witnesses to this guy.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:02 PM

Took the granddaughter to PAX today. It went well and we both had a ball but the old man on a bench outside the Great State Burger on third passed out with a bottle of booze in a bag pissing himself kind of took the steam out of it.

I just told her he was drinking too much.

Old 10-07-2018, 11:15 AM

Thursday I was in Starbucks across from the Pergola in Pioneer square. A police cruiser and an ambulance came to pick up the body of a homeless person that died on one of the benchs under the pergola.

The Australian mother and daughter were talking too were real impressed. You go Murika!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area